BFTG - Fulham

204 posts
Delboy

Re: BFTG - Fulham

by Delboy » 17 May 2017 08:18

Club should invite Neil Diamond to Wembley , that song is getting better all the time

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 17 May 2017 08:20

The highlights are the third video down on this link http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... his-career

Still looks like a pen to me

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 17 May 2017 08:30

A big two fingers to the pundits and in particular Colin. :lol:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 May 2017 08:30

Spotted - myself as one of the very first people onto the pitch at the final whistle (top left corner) 8)

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-thousands-reading-fc-fans-13046005

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 17 May 2017 08:31

TFF The highlights are the third video down on this link http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... his-career

Pretty sure it's a pen but it looked worse from the refs angle.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 May 2017 08:33

TFF The highlights are the third video down on this link http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... his-career

Stonewall pen - would be horrible to get it given against you but that's life.

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 17 May 2017 08:39

Premier league penalty given by a premier league referee. Not sure a championship referee would have given it. Technically correct decision but like others have said you would of hated it to be given against you.

George_

by George_ » 17 May 2017 09:02

Amazing night. What football is all about. Brilliant scenes.

Thought the atmosphere was the best in years last night. Didn't think i'd ever see everyone in the lower west on their feet for the last few minutes urging the boys on.

Roll on the 29th.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 May 2017 09:06

George_
lower west on their feet for the last few minutes urging the boys on.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 May 2017 09:07

Well Back from the stream. Most gut churning game I have ever watched. Not that our play was error strewn or that we were patchy, infact far from it, I was just so worried we wouldnt close it out. Now the dream is dangling...

Fulham were, in patches and places, very good. Their Keeper was good but had the benefit of most our shots going straight at him. Fredericks is the best RB in the league I think and played like it. Ream was fairly good throughout.
Johannsen was guilty of two very clear, very deliberate fouls apart from the fact he deserved 2 yellows he did quite well bring the ball forward for them.
Their front 3 were hilariously ineffective. Aluko had an awful game doing only one positive thing for Fulham the entire game. Kebano was either kept insanely quiet by Gunter or he wasnt there.
The subs actually made a good difference for Fulham, Piazon came on and fell over a lot but showed he can play football quite well while hes on his feet and Sessegnon actually looked very tidy.
Martin probably didnt care one bit about the game..

Ali Al-Habsi was incredible. He made everything look like a routine save (I agree there were 2 or 3 errant distributions)
Gunter was good. Hes actually a master of overlapping up the right flank.
Ilori was good despite at times doing his best to not be. Strong, aware and willing to shin someone.
Moore was excellent. We did a great job keeping them out wide and he was a big reason why.
JVDB was actually very tidy! didnt deserve the foul given against Johannsen.
Blackett was good going forward. He can dribble well, he made good runs, plays well in the system of looking back for a pass and i have grown very confident in him. He struggled as anyone would against Fredericks but he didnt do anything to let Fredericks have an easy time of it.
Evans was invisible. I kept losing sight of him only for him to suddenly appear closing down his man. Did a great job.
Williams must be exhausted. He closed down everything he saw. Was truly box-to-box struggle pig.
Swift was often the catalyst for our attacks and he does that very well. He showed very good instinct i thought (except for the finish)
Grabban was quiet in the first half while being involved in some excellent attacking and worked very hard in the second half. I just feel his lack of pace let us down at times and a fit McCleary would have been perfect in that role.
Kermorgant showed everything a forward can show. Great skill out wide crossing the ball to Grabban, great hold up play for the lay-off to Gunter, great control to bring the long ball down with one touch in the second half. Hes great. Played great. Bet hes great in bed.
Not entirely sure why Blackett came off but McCleary did fine on the right. Hes not fit and that makes me sad.
Kelly was energetic but it wasnt really a great time for him to do his thing as we were majorly on the backfoot when he was introduced. Was nice to hear the commentators call him one of the championships great young players.
Mendes looked happy. He chased a lot.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 May 2017 09:08

3 people in front of us got up and left with 5 minutes to go.
Bet they are complaining if they don't get Wembley tickets.
On a night like last night I really struggle to accept that the usual reasons why people 'have' to leave hold any water.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 May 2017 09:09

:lol:

that was a very difficult watch, and pretty uncomfortable for the last twenty
thought we battered them for twenty mins and had some good chances, but they were all over us for rest of the game and the pen looked soft but about right
but that just makes it all even sweeter.

alhabsi, gunter, moore, illori, evans,williams, kermorgant all superb

I did go on th epitch, but only to cut out the long walk around the ground from the east stand :lol:

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 May 2017 09:10

Nameless 3 people in front of us got up and left with 5 minutes to go.
On a night like last night I really struggle to accept that the usual reasons why people 'have' to leave hold any water.

some bloke on BBC berks this morning did the same- went back into trown to celbr8, but had to keep checking their phones to see if we had actually held on.
:|

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 May 2017 09:11

My little lad so wanted to go on the pitch...

We were literally the last ones to leave stadium, taking it all in.

Queue for Mereoak was massive so we walked all the way back singing songs, great moments.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 May 2017 09:13

St Pauli Would just like to echo the praise for the team tonight, but also mention that the fans played their part tonight excellently: got well behind the team permanently when we went up drowning out Fulham, and did their best to back the squad at the end of the second half when we were under the cosh. Great work all round.

This

our fans can often sit on their hands when it gets nervy like that
really good to see the whole place standing and pushing them over the line

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 May 2017 09:13

paultheroyal

My little lad so wanted to go on the pitch...

We were literally the last ones to leave stadium, taking it all in.

Queue for Mereoak was massive so we walked all the way back singing songs, great moments.

I heart this.

George_

by George_ » 17 May 2017 09:16

paultheroyal
George_
lower west on their feet for the last few minutes urging the boys on.

We're where i was anyway :wink:

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 May 2017 09:18

IceIceGylfi Yes! After all the talk about odds, tactics, injuries, suspensions, etc. We have overcome Fulham - Still cannot believe we hung on for so long, major credit to Ali. I'm still in awe. What a game, what a season. Jaap Stam; I love you. Also shout out to Seahawk, heard you on BBCRB; hope you can make it over!

MOTM goes to JVDB for me, so calm and disciplined which is remarkable considering his fitness.

URZZZZZZZZ!

also heard hawkerz on the radio and that only made my evening even more special.

xxx

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 17 May 2017 09:23

Maneki Neko
IceIceGylfi Yes! After all the talk about odds, tactics, injuries, suspensions, etc. We have overcome Fulham - Still cannot believe we hung on for so long, major credit to Ali. I'm still in awe. What a game, what a season. Jaap Stam; I love you. Also shout out to Seahawk, heard you on BBCRB; hope you can make it over!

MOTM goes to JVDB for me, so calm and disciplined which is remarkable considering his fitness.

URZZZZZZZZ!

also heard hawkerz on the radio and that only made my evening even more special.

xxx

it made it less special for me!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 May 2017 09:29

Congrats. Did anyone else notice that Kermorgant actually committed handball before Kalas for the penalty incident last night?

204 posts