Huddersfield fan here

Happyterrier

Huddersfield fan here

by Happyterrier » 20 May 2017 10:09

Hi guys hope you dont mind me posting here but I seen a few positive post on our forum from your lot and wanted to make one here myself... obviously I a terrier and I want us to win and I loving the fact both our clubs have given sky the final they would hate.. but I so glad that we both made it..2 proper clubs who are happy to be in this final instead of the arrogant opponents and fans we both faced in the semi's just want to congratulate you on the season you have had it been a fairy tale for you lot as much as us and really looking forward the a genuine 50/50 game.. hope it a awesome friendly atmosphere at wembley for the so called "tin pot final" all the best to you ( hope we smash you). Looking forward to a few drinks before (maybe after game) with your fans and may the best team on the day win

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Huddersfield fan here

by Top Flight » 21 May 2017 10:41

Thanks Happy Terrier. We're really looking forward to this match. It's going to be a great game. I genuinely believe that the two best teams are in the final. Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday were unjustifiably overhyped in my opinion and they were both rightly knocked out by the real big boys.

Good luck in the final. If you make it instead of us then I will be rooting for you in the Prem.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 21 May 2017 11:00

I for one am pretty surprised we got this far, a lot of us would of been happy to just to avoid relegation this season after all the changes we've had.

I've got a feeling the final will be pretty tight and won by either a single goal or on penalties. If its the latter we're doomed. If we lose (again!) I think I'll be a lot less unhappy than before as for a long time I thought Huddersfield would have made automatic at Brighton's expense and the club and fans seem pretty decent.

Walsall was heartbreaking because of the bizarre goal (clearance hit our player on the back of the head and spooned into the goal), Swansea was annoying because we didn't turn up and were 3-0 down before we knew it, we turned it around to 3-2, hit the post then pretty well gave up.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 May 2017 16:06

This is getting a bit silly now. I think our clubs should just get on with it and fuck, we seem to love each other so much.

If the teams get married can we both go up?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 May 2017 08:55

Ian Royal This is getting a bit silly now. I think our clubs should just get on with it and fuck, we seem to love each other so much.

Reddersfield Town or Hudding. Home games to be played alternatively in Berkshire and West Yorkshire. Works for me.

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 22 May 2017 09:11

Hello Huddersfield fan.

A quick word of welcome and appreciation of your friendly words.

I have come across (not literally, of course) quite a few 'Udders followers - especially in the past couple of seasons.

They have proved to be the most friendly and likeable sorts.

Still the best game I've seen this season was the match between the two clubs at the Mad Stad earlier this term.

Blood and guts and thunder - full commitment from both sets of players and fans.

A refreshing change to meet decent types - rather than the jingoistic and deeply unpleasant equivalents at Leeds (for one example) and any other up themselves ring pieces masquerading as fans.

I hope the game at Wembley is as good as that one at the Mad Stad.

Enjoy your day there and whatever the result - good luck to us all.

(I'm not normally as sporting as this.)

Love,

Herring

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 May 2017 09:36

Ian Royal This is getting a bit silly now. I think our clubs should just get on with it and fuck, we seem to love each other so much.

:D

Blind Bigot

by Blind Bigot » 22 May 2017 13:24

Huddersfield Town have just announced an increased ticket allocation taking it to over 39,000. Gonna be loud boys and girls! :D

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 22 May 2017 13:55

What song will Huddersfield have on Monday? No doubt Sweet Caroline will be sung by both sets of fans. Be good if their's is a mutually compatible song as well. Wembley could be rocking for both.
Last edited by UpThePrem on 22 May 2017 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

Davezk

by Davezk » 22 May 2017 14:16

Maybe we can write a song...

Reading vs. Huddersfield
A final that never appealed [to Sky sports]
The South vs The North
Not sixth vs not forth
Still better than the charity shield

On my own...

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 May 2017 15:54

If it had been anyone other than Reading I think I would be rooting for Huddersfield, All the best to you next season whichever league your in.

Blind Bigot

by Blind Bigot » 24 May 2017 08:03

Blind Bigot Huddersfield Town have just announced an increased ticket allocation taking it to over 39,000. Gonna be loud boys and girls! :D

Our fans have many songs but the latest favourite appears to be the Bob Marley Classic 'Three Little Birds' maily because of the opening lines,
'Don't worry bout a thing
Cos every little thing gonna
be alright'

Class hey? :D

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 May 2017 08:11

Blind Bigot
Blind Bigot Huddersfield Town have just announced an increased ticket allocation taking it to over 39,000. Gonna be loud boys and girls! :D

Our fans have many songs but the latest favourite appears to be the Bob Marley Classic 'Three Little Birds' maily because of the opening lines,
'Don't worry bout a thing
Cos every little thing gonna
be alright'

Class hey? :D

Sung by every team in the league....
Even Burton were singing it.
Pretty rubbish song to be honest, couple of random lines with no football link, no club link.
Best song I've heard this season was United singing 'Something Good' for what seemed like the whole of one of their cup games. Hard to beat United for songs, this one just worked so well, nice little tweaks to make it theirs, easy to sing.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 24 May 2017 08:54

UpThePrem What song will Huddersfield have on Monday? No doubt Sweet Caroline will be sung by both sets of fans. Be good if their's is a mutually compatible song as well. Wembley could be rocking for both.

Have Huddersfield got a song about David Wagner having a dream about two players he didn't sign and neither of whom will be in the squad?

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 24 May 2017 09:25

North Somerset Royal
UpThePrem What song will Huddersfield have on Monday? No doubt Sweet Caroline will be sung by both sets of fans. Be good if their's is a mutually compatible song as well. Wembley could be rocking for both.

Have Huddersfield got a song about David Wagner having a dream about two players he didn't sign and neither of whom will be in the squad?

:lol:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 24 May 2017 09:29

Davezk Maybe we can write a song...

Reading vs. Huddersfield
The South vs The North
Not sixth vs not forth

On my own...

'Ding V's Hudds and the talk of false third
It's the final all neutrals assume will be turd

No history, no glamour, no prestige, just full plastic
The winning team's fans won't care, they'll go spastic

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 24 May 2017 09:35

North Somerset Royal wrote:
UpThePrem wrote:
What song will Huddersfield have on Monday? No doubt Sweet Caroline will be sung by both sets of fans. Be good if their's is a mutually compatible song as well. Wembley could be rocking for both.

:lol: FAF. Often thought this myself. POTD.

Davezk

by Davezk » 24 May 2017 15:37

Winston Biscuit
Davezk Maybe we can write a song...

Reading vs. Huddersfield
The South vs The North
Not sixth vs not forth

On my own...

'Ding V's Hudds and the talk of false third
It's the final all neutrals assume will be turd

No history, no glamour, no prestige, just full plastic
The winning team's fans won't care, they'll go spastic

Sweet rhymes I think we have the lyrics just need a tune

Blind Bigot

by Blind Bigot » 25 May 2017 08:17

I think our crowd will speak/sing for itself on Monday to be honest!

The atmosphere at home games has been nothing short of magnificant this season, helped a great deal by finally letting our fans occupy half of the St Andrews Road Stand. It only leaves 2000 seats for away fans in that same stand but it's made our home support far louder.

I don't think they'll be much trouble rousing our fans at Wembley, indeed it could be deafening! :mrgreen:

Let's all try and enjoy the day. Whoever loses will feel dejected naturally but it's a great milestone for both clubs so let's all respect that! :lol:

Thierry Quaner

by Thierry Quaner » 26 May 2017 09:34

Hey, another HTFC fan here,

I know many others have said similar already but just wanna say I cannot wait for the Tinpot final and absolutely love that the two teams that nobody gave a prayer to have made it to this point.

I know this sounds daft but If I'm being honest I'm not really that fussed about actually playing in the Prem, for us to get this far feels like a victory already, and I absolutely love this division. Having said that there are 2 reasons why I do desperately hope we win on Monday.

!. David Wagner - If we don't go up I do not fancy our chances of keeping him at all, his stock is far too high and he won't be short of offers from his native Germany, and he makes no secret of the fact that he wants to return there one day. I absolutely love the man with all my heart, the relationship he has formed with our fans and the pride he has brought back to our club cannot be measured, the guy is simply a oxf*rd legend and if he left it would be far too soon.

2. FIFA 18 - yeah I know it's sad as oxf*rd but I've already seen another thread on here about it, but I would love to see the JSS in game and Michael Hefele's beautiful face rendered properly.

Anyway, there's been some great banter between our two sets of fans so far and I hope it continues long after the final, regardless of the result. Best of luck lads & lasses and safe travels.