The positive - "make me feel better" thread

Stockport Royal

Re: The positive - "make me feel better" thread

by Stockport Royal » 31 May 2017 12:17

CountryRoyal Love a Northern away day I do. 8)

I concur!

Big fan of the Sheffield Away experience and so glad to see I'll be making 2 trips next year!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 May 2017 12:18

Stockport Royal

I concur!

Big fan of the Sheffield Away experience and so glad to see I'll be making 2 trips next year!

Can't wait for Wednesday to be £40 this season. :x

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 31 May 2017 12:19

Stockport Royal

I concur!

They should do a double header - better for the environment and you avoid two long trips North.

12:30pm Sheffield Wednesday vs Reading

5pm: Sheffield United vs Reading

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 31 May 2017 12:20

Millwall (a)

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 31 May 2017 12:26

jd82 Millwall (a)

We're going to run them all over Bermondsey

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 31 May 2017 12:30

6 points off of Sheff Utd next season :D

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 31 May 2017 12:31

Stockport Royal

I concur!

So long as its doable, looking forward to going back to Bramall Lane

George_

by George_ » 31 May 2017 12:32

Millwall (A) Brentford (A) QPR (A) Fulham (A) >>>> Chelsea (A) Arsenal (A) West Ham (A) Watford (A) Palace (A) Spurs (A) (at Wembley)

The Informant

by The Informant » 31 May 2017 12:36

For the first time in years we're going into a season with the foundations in place. We have new richer owners and we just need to add a ew instead of re building the whole thing.

We have stability

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 May 2017 12:42

Didn't someone say that there would be a proper streaming service of Championship games to subscribers outside of the UK? If so, courtesy of a VPN and US bank account, I should be able to watch any games that I can't get to.

Oh, and at least two opportunities to thoroughly p*ss off the new Brighton i.e. Fulham with our crimes against football. :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 May 2017 12:46

John Madejski's Wallet
Stockport Royal

I concur!

So long as its doable, looking forward to going back to Bramall Lane

I've always found Bramall Lane to be much louder than Hillsborough too.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 31 May 2017 12:48

Been to Hillsborough twice, but never to Bramall Lane. Saturday matches against them and Hull would be very welcome.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 May 2017 12:49

RoyalBlue Didn't someone say that there would be a proper streaming service of Championship games to subscribers outside of the UK? If so, courtesy of a VPN and US bank account, I should be able to watch any games that I can't get to.

Oh, and at least two opportunities to thoroughly p*ss off the new Brighton i.e. Fulham with our crimes against football. :lol:

Yep £110 for the year. Only available to overseas fans but shouldn't be too difficult with a vpn. Might have to have a foreign registered bank account though it depends how seriously they take it.

I'm seriously looking forward to the Fulham games. Hopefully we will both be up there when we play to make it interesting. Or Fulham be in the relegation zone, I'll take that as well.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 May 2017 13:08

The champ is definitely more entertaining, and the Saturday/Tuesday schedule is much better than the all over the place PL kick offs

Would have loved to have gone up - but which season do you think Middlesborough for example enjoyed more - last years desperate dirge or the promotion season the year before?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 May 2017 13:11

Hound The champ is definitely more entertaining, and the Saturday/Tuesday schedule is much better than the all over the place PL kick offs

Would have loved to have gone up - but which season do you think Middlesborough for example enjoyed more - last years desperate dirge or the promotion season the year before?

Exactly and it's probably the main reason I'm not overly concerned about going up. Winning games in the championship > losing games in the prem. End of.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 May 2017 13:37

CountryRoyal
RoyalBlue Didn't someone say that there would be a proper streaming service of Championship games to subscribers outside of the UK? If so, courtesy of a VPN and US bank account, I should be able to watch any games that I can't get to.

Yep £110 for the year. Only available to overseas fans but shouldn't be too difficult with a vpn. Might have to have a foreign registered bank account though it depends how seriously they take it.

I'm seriously looking forward to the Fulham games. Hopefully we will both be up there when we play to make it interesting. Or Fulham be in the relegation zone, I'll take that as well.

I'm fine as I have a US bank account so can go through a server in the US and pay in dollars. If they're checking to root out payments in sterling can people get around it with PayPal?

Hound The champ is definitely more entertaining, and the Saturday/Tuesday schedule is much better than the all over the place PL kick offs

I know a Middlesbrough fan and his kids were longing to get back to the Championship where everyone has a chance of winning. They hated their season of playing not to lose.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 31 May 2017 14:04

Know what is positive? This club always entertains. In the relatively recent past...

Two FA Cup QF's and one Semi. Two other trips to Wembley (although they didn't turn out well as well). Winning the Championship twice, one time while setting a record doing so. It seems like every season something exciting/memorable happens. I have no idea what 2017/2018 has in store but I am already excited thinking about it... :) 8)

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 May 2017 14:25

We didn't deserve to go up and would've screwed up.

Think about it... in TWO HOURS, yes two hours of playing a team on neutral ground, a team who really weren't all that good, a team with a goal difference even worse than ours, a team out of form, in two hours our allegedly Premier League boys couldn't score a single goal against them so it went on to the penalty lottery.

And it's not just that game. God knows how we ended up third but when we weren't getting slaughtered letting in 7 or 5 goals we were great at keeping loads of possession and doing nothing with it.

The table doesn't lie - i.e. the truth is there were shitter teams than us - but the fact is we definitely weren't/aren't anywhere near good enough to go up and unlike the 106 team we'd have to shoehorn decent players into the team in a massive rush to try not to get relegated from the PL.

Let's get a pre-season, let's get more gelling, more striker options, decent LB and CB cover and then we'll be looking at deserved promotion. Let's build a team like the 106 team, ready to go, ready to play in the PL and stay there rather than go up, come down and lose Stam and a load of other players in the process.

Ok I admit I'm devastated that we're not up, but a small truth is we didn't deserve it. We couldn't score a goal against lowly Huddersfield in two hours of play. That's a fact.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 May 2017 14:31

And, of course, just the two home games moved to stupid times for the telly; Ipswich and the standard QPR shambles of a defeat.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 May 2017 14:32

Well of course we'd get spanked in the prem, as would all of the promoted teams. That's the point of the transfer window. The only thing you'd say is, assuming we continue to improve, that the squad shouldn't need as much of an upheaval *IF* we were to go up next season.

Had we gone up, with the new owners, I'd imagine we would have had the finances to make a decent go of it, far more so than 12/13 at least.

That being said City have some of the finest collection of players in the world and they struggle to implement their posssion based game effectively in the premier league. It might be a case that the intensity in English football is just too much to make it work. Time will tell.