CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

725 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

by Hound » 03 Apr 2019 21:00

That keep booting out into touch was proper nasty though. Crowd hated it and it just put us straight on the back foot again

Not going to start the argument again, but would much rather us try to play out from the back - esp with players who can do it like we have now - than boot the ball to their CB or straight out

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Apr 2019 09:35

Hound That keep booting out into touch was proper nasty though. Crowd hated it and it just put us straight on the back foot again

Not going to start the argument again, but would much rather us try to play out from the back - esp with players who can do it like we have now - than boot the ball to their CB or straight out

It's all about making the right decision at the right time. It's much better, esp. when under pressure, to just boot it long and if the ball is lost it's lost in your opponent's half than try playing it short and lose the ball in front of the penalty box.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Apr 2019 10:13

yes get that, but we really don't lose possession there very often. Yet when we do go long, we often just gift it straight back, esp when Anssi was in goal

I think we balance it well at the moment btw. Thought it was spot on vs Preston

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Apr 2019 11:42

Isn't there a "moneyball" type deal with throw ins being the set play that leads to the least goals and furthermore throw ins in your own half lead to even less?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Apr 2019 12:16

It frustrates me that so few clearances seem to be directed into touch. Surely that's better than punting it down a CBs throat or to a midfield on the off chance your striker some how gets it and goes 1 on 3?

I do think we're far better at making the right choice than under Stam. Personally thought Clement had the balance right there and Gomes is still a bit too short focused. But I didn't see Preston.

725 posts