Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour: Sone Aluko

by genome » 15 Aug 2017 10:50

I remember Liam Moore having a similar Twitter meltdown before he joined us

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 15 Aug 2017 11:51

If that qualifies as a meltdown I'd hate to see something banal on twitter.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Aug 2017 11:58

Looks like Fulham are signing Sheyi Ojo... replacement for Aluko?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 Aug 2017 11:59

Fulham have just won the race for Ojo. That might see Aluko out the door.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Aug 2017 12:25

If we get him then a front 3 of Aluko, Bod, Barrow certainly would offer dynamism.

Still not a lot of goals in them though.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Aug 2017 12:50

Harriott is permainjured and Beerens slows us down (but does get important goals)

I'd prefer Aluko over Beerens.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2017 11:33

bit of noise about this one again. Seems the mini rant on Twitter and the Fulham no long contracts to over 28s is fuelling things again. Looks like BT, Stam and co have been quite clever in picking him out as a potential target.

Not too sure that its priority for us. Him and Barrow in tandem could be scary, but we already have good wingers in McCleary, Popa, Beerens and Harriott.

Still wouldn't say no if it was in addition to another CF. Would have to say the squad would look very very strong if that happened

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 16 Aug 2017 11:43

Hound bit of noise about this one again. Seems the mini rant on Twitter and the Fulham no long contracts to over 28s is fuelling things again. Looks like BT, Stam and co have been quite clever in picking him out as a potential target.

Not too sure that its priority for us. Him and Barrow in tandem could be scary, but we already have good wingers in McCleary, Popa, Beerens and Harriott.

Still wouldn't say no if it was in addition to another CF. Would have to say the squad would look very very strong if that happened

+1
Not sure we need him now, very similar to Barrow. Would rather the money was spent on a target man.
Would also like to see more of Harriott when fit as I get a feeling he could be a big player for us in the future.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Aug 2017 12:17

Da Bells Da Bells
Hound bit of noise about this one again. Seems the mini rant on Twitter and the Fulham no long contracts to over 28s is fuelling things again. Looks like BT, Stam and co have been quite clever in picking him out as a potential target.

I wouldn't not sign a quality player like Aluko because we have a player like Harriott in our squad. Different class of player.

Agreed. If Aluko is available then given how well he would fit into our system we would be mad not to bring him in. It is another option and creates greater competition for places which should push everyone to perform to a higher level.

If we can bring him in get a striker and another defender, as Stam seems to want, then we have an incredibly strong squad.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2017 12:42

Da Bells Da Bells

I wouldn't not sign a quality player like Aluko because we have a player like Harriott in our squad. Different class of player.

no agreed. If we could snap him up for <2million, it would be a good signing.

But just not at the expense of using that money to sign a 'proper' centre forward, in the Oliveria/Wells style

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 16 Aug 2017 13:14

Hound But just not at the expense of using that money to sign a 'proper' centre forward, in the Oliveria/Wells style

:?:
What style is that, those two players are completely different types of strikers

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Aug 2017 13:36

Stam said last night that he's still looking to bring in a striker, a defender and another midfielder. What actually happens of course may bear no resemblance to that and no doubt Reading will still be waiting for a striker going into the last day of the transfer window.

Personally can't see any point in signing Aluko esp. given his age - I thought he was younger - even though he's frighteningly inconsistent enough to be a perfect fit for what Reading currently have.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Aug 2017 13:54

Sutekh Stam said last night that he's still looking to bring in a striker, a defender and another midfielder. What actually happens of course may bear no resemblance to that and no doubt Reading will still be waiting for a striker going into the last day of the transfer window.

Personally can't see any point in signing Aluko esp. given his age - I thought he was younger - even though he's frighteningly inconsistent enough to be a perfect fit for what Reading currently have.

Lighten up ffs

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2017 14:07

PieEater
Hound But just not at the expense of using that money to sign a 'proper' centre forward, in the Oliveria/Wells style

:?:
What style is that, those two players are completely different types of strikers

Are they? how about you explain why given your knowledge on them

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 16 Aug 2017 14:51

You realise Wells is 5ft7 don't you.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2017 15:05

Whilst Oliveira is what, a big target man?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Aug 2017 09:22

At over 6ft, a lot more than the diminutive Wells.

IMHO neither are what I'd call a "proper centre forward" like for example Harry Kane.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Aug 2017 09:35

hmm, whatever - its a particularly dull argument. Basically both of their styles is to try to score goals and generally to play in the centre forward position

the spirit of how the original post was intended was I'd rather not buy additional players for a couple of million if it took that money away from getting our main transfer target. But even thats nonsense really as I doubt thats how the finances work in reality.

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 18 Aug 2017 11:08

Fulham have just signed a striker, Fonte, making it less likely that Aluko will get another contract.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Aug 2017 12:11

9 goals in 53 games. don`t know why we`re wetting our pants over this one.

258 posts