The idiots of Twitter thread

709 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The idiots of Twitter thread

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2020 13:19

Old Man Andrews See Ian, the best thing about Twitter is just like here if you see something you don't like said by a complete knuckle dragging moron (see above) then you can put them on mute/ignore and never have to see it. I don't know what he's said but it will have no affect on me because I cannot see it.

Got to you enough to trigger you posting about it didn't it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 13:21

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews See Ian, the best thing about Twitter is just like here if you see something you don't like said by a complete knuckle dragging moron (see above) then you can put them on mute/ignore and never have to see it. I don't know what he's said but it will have no affect on me because I cannot see it.

What did? He posted and it demonstrated the ignore function. On Twitter there are even more tools available to the user to fully customise the content they see, thats the beauty of it and it is lost on you because you have very little understanding of Twitter.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jan 2020 13:22

There are definitely loads of tools on Twitter, yes

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 13 Jan 2020 13:24

Snowflake Royal

Don't start Ian or you will be accused of being big bully.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 13:24

What ignoring people also does it it infuriates them, they can't stop trying to contact you as seen above.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Jan 2020 15:24

Old Man Andrews
genome I dove headfirst into the Twitter banter, I loved it. As long as you don't take it seriously, it's fine.

You can literally customise Twitter to be exactly what you want it to be, I have never understood anyone getting their knickers in a twist about football related banter. If you don't like it then quite literally have it edited out of your news feed.

But at what point is it “football banter” when footballers are getting racially abused. I.e. Meite getting racially abused back in August

It’s not even like that’s a rare occurrence either. That Derby fan mocking Billy Sharp for the death of his child. Is that “football banter”

I agree partially with what you say but it’s too easy to simply dismiss it as “banter” when it can actually deeply affect footballers. At the end of the day, they are only human themselves

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 15:26

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
genome I dove headfirst into the Twitter banter, I loved it. As long as you don't take it seriously, it's fine.

You can literally customise Twitter to be exactly what you want it to be, I have never understood anyone getting their knickers in a twist about football related banter. If you don't like it then quite literally have it edited out of your news feed.

But at what point is it “football banter” when footballers are getting racially abused. I.e. Meite getting racially abused back in August

It’s not even like that’s a rare occurrence either. That Derby fan mocking Billy Sharp for the death of his child. Is that “football banter”

I agree partially with what you say but it’s too easy to simply dismiss it as “banter” when it can actually deeply affect footballers. At the end of the day, they are only human themselves

No banter is what Hendo mentioned in the original post, "My club is bigger than your club", "your club is tinpot" etc etc. The things you have decribed are crimes and Tweets of that nature should be and are reported and dealt with by the authorites.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Jan 2020 16:35

I’m liking* the fact that a thread decrying the juvenile nature of Twitter has basically become a catalogue of infantile name calling.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2020 17:18

Old Man Andrews What ignoring people also does it it infuriates them, they can't stop trying to contact you as seen above.

He was talking to me, it's not all about you mate.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 17:24

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews What ignoring people also does it it infuriates them, they can't stop trying to contact you as seen above.

He was talking to me, it's not all about you mate.

The fact you entertain him sums you up.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Jan 2020 18:30

leon I’m liking* the fact that a thread decrying the juvenile nature of Twitter has basically become a catalogue of infantile name calling.

oxf*rd off you donut

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 08:48

Zip
leon I’m liking* the fact that a thread decrying the juvenile nature of Twitter has basically become a catalogue of infantile name calling.

oxf*rd off you donut

Bit harsh mate. Tone it down.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Jan 2020 08:51

NewCorkSeth
Zip

oxf*rd off you donut

He’s an absolute toilet. TOILET.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 08:52

leon
NewCorkSeth
Zip
oxf*rd off you donut

My word. Mods! Mods!!! Calling all mods to the thread. Stop this filth.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jan 2020 11:40

leon
NewCorkSeth
Zip
oxf*rd off you donut

Dearest leon. I can only humbly apologise for my shabby upbringing. Love Zip xxx

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Jan 2020 17:04

“Rent free” really has to go. From what I’m seeing the biggest culprits are Aston Villa supporters who seem to think people care about them

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jan 2020 20:50

John Smith “Rent free” really has to go. From what I’m seeing the biggest culprits are Aston Villa supporters who seem to think people care about them

Seen club1871 on Twitter doing it too

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Jan 2020 21:15

Simmops
John Smith “Rent free” really has to go. From what I’m seeing the biggest culprits are Aston Villa supporters who seem to think people care about them

Well they define idiots of Twitter. And of football supporters in general. They too, go.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jan 2020 21:20

John Smith
Simmops

Well they define idiots of Twitter. And of football supporters in general. They too, go.

POTY

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 16 Jan 2020 17:48

Simmops
John Smith
Simmops

POTY

John Smith is your playmate of the year?

709 posts