"We're selling all our players" opinion

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
TiagoIlori

"We're selling all our players" opinion

by TiagoIlori » 01 Aug 2017 08:12

Sometimes I really do question some of the younger fanbase(I consider myself to be part of that), a lot of them seem to worry about the volume of players leaving when in fact most of them left without being forced out

Williams and Al-Habsi: everyone had accepted Williams was going I thought as soon as the season ended the way it did and Al-Habsi sounds like someone that was always a goer as he evidently wanted a opportunity that we simply cannot offer. Club could do nothing about these departures.
Cooper: people forget how shocking he was and considering he's 22 he wasn't worth keeping around. Did well to get anything for him in all honesty. A player that simply didn't want to be here, and the club can't have a player disrupting the dressing room(funnily enough was a popular opinion to get rid of those that disrupt the dressing room). Steve Clarke was so right not to play the bloke regularly.
Samuel- same as Cooper, just wasn't good enough, did well to get anything for him. Stam obviously doesn't like him so what's the point in keeping him if several managers didn't rate him?
Numerous youth prospects- everyone but Jules had been over the age of 20, and if you're not going to play now what's the point in staying? Club couldn't do anything about it even with Jules included. I always found people to be clingy to youth prospects, seems to have transferred to Loader whilst Loader has some potential I highly doubt he's anymore than ok backup for the striker even though he did score 4 against QPR.

Then there's the we've got little depth argument, which is true but people forget that injured players will be coming back and aren't permanently injured :roll: as well as the fact we have a month to go, we're clearly looking for players e.g. Aluko, Wells, Lewis Baker(loan) and signing these players will create depth in its own sense, I do also remember Tevreden saying that he won't bring in anyone to just be backup as he wants youth prospects to fill in that gap(again ironically enough is what the same people want).

I do question whether some of them think before they just say a load of garbage :roll:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: "We're selling all our players" opinion

by Royal_jimmy » 01 Aug 2017 13:15

Fcuk off newbie :wink:

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1