BFTG Gillingham

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG Gillingham

by paultheroyal » 09 Aug 2017 09:10

Decent sideways movement first half, in control with zero penetration. Nothing for mendes etc to work off from.

Second half, Kelly further forward and adddition of barrow and Quinn totally changed the game. Barrow excellent movement, quick touches, was creating gaps for others to get into. Quinn could play that Williams role. 2 decent goals.

Biggest scandal was halftime and the food stand outside the east stand... OMG.... how slow were they!! Clearly didn't want anyone's money and free food if you by passed the queue!!

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 Aug 2017 10:29

genome
maffff Andrésson existed. Didn't notice him. As a CB that's not a complaint.

:?

Really? He made several good passes and won a lot of headers.

My beer consumption levels might have been larger than my attention span by this stage.

oh_ROAR

by oh_ROAR » 09 Aug 2017 12:15

In the first half I was impressed with Rinomhota, seemed strong and had some nice touches.

Second half: Clement, Barrow and Andresson, Quinn and Kelly all looked good. Kelly's first goal was class

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 09 Aug 2017 14:28

Managed to watch the second half and some of the first thanks to a few people on twitter periscoping the game.

Players that stood out: Quinn, Barrow, Rinomhota, Andresson and Clement

Richards and Smith don't seem ready for a big role just yet, Mendes was poor- lack of service tbf. I'm now convinced that Jaakkola could cut the championship, which is especially good news if Mannone gets injured or dropped.

Clement needs to play in the middle, I think he got a lot more dangerous when Quinn came on and Barrow caused problems, speaking of Barrow he's looked like a clever signing- tricky winger that isn't selfish, really enjoyed watching him play.

One of the key discussions this summer is replacing Williams, I think Quinn can do that- less of a physical presence but arguably technically superior obviously injuries will be a problem.

Andresson fits the system well, although he seemed to like to hoof it at times(not sure if it was him as camera quality was bad), gives me the impression he wasn't comfortable under pressure.

It's great to see more youth players involved and actually playing well, these players are a lot better than the ones we had 2/3 years ago, considering it nearly got us relegated. Although it's early days, Fosu and Cooper are classic examples for why we have to trust the manager above anyone else.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 09 Aug 2017 15:55

Having watched Clement at QPR it comes as no surprise to me that he does a better job in the middle.

Seems to be very good technically, plenty of nice touches and finds his man well, but doesn't have the pace or trickery to make an impact out wide.

Will make a good no. 10 one day I reckon.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Aug 2017 19:35

winchester_royal Having watched Clement at QPR it comes as no surprise to me that he does a better job in the middle.

Seems to be very good technically, plenty of nice touches and finds his man well, but doesn't have the pace or trickery to make an impact out wide.

Will make a good no. 10 one day I reckon.

So more cover for Swift, but filling in on the wing due to injuries you think?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 10 Aug 2017 00:34

Only times I noticed Andresson was when he came on and when he bounced up the pitch like Tigger on speed when Kelly got the second.