EFL Cup third-round draw will take place in Beijing at 04:15 BST on Thursday

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: EFL Cup third-round draw will take place in Beijing at 04:15 BST on Thursday

by M Brook » 24 Aug 2017 09:33

eleventh earl of mar Think you will find that 'traditionally' the 3rd round draw of the FA Cup was at lunchtime on the Monday after the 2nd round.

The draw used to be at 5pm on the Saturday of Round 2. I can remember leaving Elm Park at FT and hearing the draw on my pocket radio before arriving back at Reading Station!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: EFL Cup third-round draw will take place in Beijing at 04:15 BST on Thursday

by genome » 24 Aug 2017 09:35

Think we should play a stronger team IMO. I'm up for a decent cup run this year

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 24 Aug 2017 10:17

Great tie! As long as they open the Upper West and allow us to buy our own seats. If not, I won't be there.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Aug 2017 12:27

genome Is it sad that I'm well up for revenge, 6 years after the playoff final?

Losing in play off final versus winning round 3 of the Carabao Cup is in no way revenge.

HTH.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Aug 2017 12:34

paultheroyal

Losing in play off final versus winning round 3 of the Carabao Cup is in no way revenge.

HTH.

true
but it might help a little

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Aug 2017 12:40

paultheroyal

HTH.

:shock:

Really?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 24 Aug 2017 12:47

How about revenge for the pre-season defeats? This would be better than those wouldn't it?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Aug 2017 13:36

Silver Fox How about revenge for the pre-season defeats? This would be better than those wouldn't it?

Yeah - spot on - Genome can re-edit his post now.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 24 Aug 2017 18:47

Woodcote Royal Great tie! As long as they open the Upper West and allow us to buy our own seats. If not, I won't be there.

Oooooo look at the precious one :roll:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 24 Aug 2017 19:21

Royality creeps In
Woodcote Royal Great tie! As long as they open the Upper West and allow us to buy our own seats. If not, I won't be there.

Oooooo look at the precious one :roll:

Or, look at someone who (and believe me I'm far from alone in the UW) who would happily pay a proper price as opposed to a pathetic £7.00 in order to occupy his own seat and that's after sitting in the LW for Gillingham while only missing the rare "treat" :roll: of sitting in the East thanks to work commits.

If that causes the usual pri*ks to see me as precious , I'm truly gutted.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Aug 2017 19:29

Someone's complaining that the tickets were too cheap?

That's it, I've officially seen everything

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 25 Aug 2017 01:32

Seriously, £7.00 is one step up from begging :|

If you can't be arsed to spend a tenner stay at home.

All these people who think they support the club because they sing a few songs yet begrudge putting their hand in their pocket to pay a fair price for a match ticket.

In my view, most of our cup tickets have been under sold in recent times and that will do little to help finance the new signings so many are demanding.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Aug 2017 06:39

Very interesting thoughts from Woodcote...

Nothing to stop you dropping an extra £3 off at reception before the game mate if your conscience prevents you paying just £7

I'm surprised you've lowered yourself to having a ST considering how cheap they are. How can the club justify having one of the lowest priced ST in the division. Let's charge Arsenal or Chelsea level prices and guarantee Champions League football every year !

The logic of thinking that charging £3 extra for cup games would mean we signed a striker is obviously flawed given that none of our potential targets seem to have not happened because we couldn't afford them !

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 25 Aug 2017 08:49

Woodcote Royal Seriously, £7.00 is one step up from begging :|

All these people who think they support the club because they sing a few songs yet begrudge putting their hand in their pocket to pay a fair price for a match ticket.

In my view, most of our cup tickets have been under sold in recent times and that will do little to help finance the new signings so many are demanding.

If you can't afford it m8 you don't need to make excuses for why you didn't go.

I think everyone appreciates even though Berkshire is an affluent area, there may be some like yourself who struggle with the extra expenses football brings. No need to be embarrassed by it.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Aug 2017 09:55

Any ideas when tickets might go on sale for this hotly awaited clash?

The pricing from the club is absolutley superb and I can't wait to part with my cash.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 25 Aug 2017 15:52

LWJ

I think everyone appreciates even though Berkshire is an affluent area, there may be some like yourself who struggle with the extra expenses football brings. No need to be embarrassed by it.

I really can't understand where I've given you the impression I can't afford a match ticket. I would happily have paid £20 to sit in my own seat. I would have paid for my seat even if it later transpired I couldn't get to the game, just as happens to most season ticket holders throughout the season.

It is surely as clear as night following day, especially with Stam complaining about the high fees being demanded for players, that if money was no object we would have signed a striker weeks ago.

It comes as no surprise that putting your hand in your pocket to support the club is an alien concept for so many, who would turn up for free every week given the chance.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Aug 2017 16:04

Unless you sent the club a cheque for £20 in lieu of your attendance at the Millwall game I'd suggest you are spouting utter bull :lol: [quote]Woodcote
That £20 would have made a significant difference to this mythical 'money no object' transfer policy. We are not PSG you know....

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 25 Aug 2017 16:15

Woodcote Royal
LWJ

I really can't understand where I've given you the impression I can't afford a match ticket. I would happily have paid £20 to sit in my own seat. I would have paid for my seat even if it later transpired I couldn't get to the game, just as happens to most season ticket holders throughout the season.

It is surely as clear as night following day, especially with Stam complaining about the high fees being demanded for players, that if money was no object we would have signed a striker weeks ago.

It comes as no surprise that putting your hand in your pocket to support the club is an alien concept for so many, who would turn up for free every week given the chance.

If 5K fans had paid £20 instead of £7 for the game, that's a whole extra £65K which isn't going to get you very much striker. No amount of bums on seats in a single game will pay for an expensive striker - the money has to come from elsewhere.

Additionally if it was £20 a good chunk of those 5K wouldn't even have come.
And I very much doubt if enough people would have turned, either at £7 or £20 prices, to make opening up extra stands worthwhile in cost terms.
So, in fact, it seems like you want the club to lose money so you can sit in your own seat.

The idea that charging £20 would somehow pay for a striker is so odd I'm not surprised the OP got confused and thought you didn't come because you couldn't afford the ticket (or was just being sarcastic)

I'm sorry the maths of this appears to be an alien concept for you.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 25 Aug 2017 16:42

Woodcote Royal
LWJ

I really can't understand where I've given you the impression I can't afford a match ticket.

Like I said, you don't need to be embarrassed by this fact. If our next game is £7 entry I would be happy to start a gofundme for you? I'm sure we can find 7 fans willing to put in a £ to get a loyal royal to the mad stad?!?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 25 Aug 2017 17:56

LWJ
Woodcote Royal
LWJ If you can't afford it m8 you don't need to make excuses for why you didn't go.

I really can't understand where I've given you the impression I can't afford a match ticket.

Like I said, you don't need to be embarrassed by this fact. If our next game is £7 entry I would be happy to start a gofundme for you? I'm sure we can find 7 fans willing to put in a £ to get a loyal royal to the mad stad?!?

This is clearly funny in your tiny world. Nevermind