Matchwatch : Colchester United (a) sponsored by a general lack of interest in the media

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Matchwatch : Colchester United (a) sponsored by a general lack of interest in the media

by muirinho » 30 Aug 2017 09:23

Sutekh Any idea how good the Colchester side was? I presume they probably made a few changes as well but how close was their starting XI to what their fans would expect for a league game?

Pretty close in terms of a 23, although possibly some a bit of swapping from first to bench

Lineup for last night
Gilmartin, Vincent-Young, Eastman, James, Kinsella, Drey Wright, Murray, Diaz Wright, Issa, Szmodics, Mandron
subs
Walker, Jackson, Kent, Lapslie, O'Sullivan, Edge, McKeown

Lineup for previous league game
Walker, Eastman, Kent, Kinsella, Vincent-Young, Murray, Lapslie, Reid, Szmodics, Wright, Mandron
subs
Gilmartin, Kpekawa, James, O'Sullivan, Issa, Senior, McKeown

Note I robbed that info off twitter, so I don't know which "Wright" played in the league game out of those who played the cup game. Or indeed if they have a horde of Wrights all awaiting their shot of glory

Jim Royal

Re: Matchwatch : Colchester United (a) sponsored by a general lack of interest in the media

by Jim Royal » 30 Aug 2017 09:26

Wasn't the attendance 527?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 30 Aug 2017 11:41

Anyone know how many of our fans travelled? If anyone has a picture as well that would make them a hero

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 31 Aug 2017 17:21

The Cube
strap Any idea who our captain is , or match ref?

Captain was Osho, according to RFC Twitter. Officials and more here:

Cheers Mr C. Don't suppose there's any chance of your great site being resurrected?!

The Cube

by The Cube » 31 Aug 2017 21:19

strap Cheers Mr C. Don't suppose there's any chance of your great site being resurrected?!

Not any time soon, I wouldn't have thought. However, I do have a vague plan for a website on a (non-football) Reading topic. If I ever get round to sorting out webspace and publishing software then I'd expect to dump the old 1871 content in a sub-section as well.

In the meantime, it's pretty well all available via archive.org.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 31 Aug 2017 21:21

The Cube
strap Cheers Mr C. Don't suppose there's any chance of your great site being resurrected?!

Not any time soon, I wouldn't have thought. However, I do have a vague plan for a website on a (non-football) Reading topic. If I ever get round to sorting out webspace and publishing software then I'd expect to dump the old 1871 content in a sub-section as well.

In the meantime, it's pretty well all available via archive.org.

Oh yes, I am a regular user of the archive version! Thanks again for all the effort you put in to create the original. Shame nothing approaching it exists today.

dontbedaft

by dontbedaft » 31 Aug 2017 23:37

I agree - Cube's site was excellent back in the day