MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (a) sponsored by a deep dark realisation that this way creeps

142 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (a) sponsored by a deep dark realisation that this way creeps

by Hound » 14 Oct 2017 17:11

Obv it’s just one result, but if we did win that ‘game in hand’ we’d be slap bang mid table with plenty still to play

Clearly need to follow it up in the next tough game, but seems we have a blueprint now for an away performance

RG7Fan

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (a) sponsored by a deep dark realisation that this way creeps

by RG7Fan » 14 Oct 2017 17:18

Lower West Only 12 points off the top spot. Plenty still to play for this season. :D

And a game in hand ...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Oct 2017 17:36

marlowuk
McDermolenko Is this what it's come to?

We scrape a 1-0 win in another very dull affair vs a very lacklustre Leeds side and we celebrate as if we've won the league.

Inb4 reality hits in once we lose 2-0 to Sheffield United next week.

Stam out.

We celebrate because we have stopped the rot.
We celebrate because we kept a clean sheet for the first time since August
We celebrate because we inflicted Leeds' first home defeat of the season
We celebrate because we will go into that Sheffield Utd game with that much more confidence and belief!!!
We celebrate!!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 14 Oct 2017 18:09

bobby1413 Stam out

:roll:

Not necessary if he plays 4-4-2 and actually lets the team do something with the ball. Only 44% possession and 4 shots on target. Somewhat different to 75% and 1 playing 4-6-0.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Oct 2017 18:26

He didn't play 4-4-2.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 14 Oct 2017 19:05

strap
bobby1413 Stam out

Not necessary if he plays 4-4-2 and actually lets the team do something with the ball. Only 44% possession and 4 shots on target. Somewhat different to 75% and 1 playing 4-6-0.

Was sarcasm m8. In terms of all the impatient children who seem to want to sack him for boring football and as he hasn't won for a few games. Solving nothing in other words.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 14 Oct 2017 19:16

I have no complaints for a change. WD the lads.....nice to see us play to the teams strengths and non of this bullsh+t tippy tappy back passing. He needs to now keep and improve on this system now and abandon that sh+t boring crap we have been dishing out. This team is a good team and masively underachieving. As one of JS biggest critics he might just turn this round if he changes if he can show more of this type of flexibility.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 14 Oct 2017 19:16

genome He didn't play 4-4-2.

Be grateful for your thoughts on the formation - Sporting Life and BBC had 4-4-2 but you were there so I'd reckon your analysis would be more accurate. TIA.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 14 Oct 2017 19:21

bobby1413
strap
bobby1413 Stam out

Was sarcasm m8. In terms of all the impatient children who seem to want to sack him for boring football and as he hasn't won for a few games. Solving nothing in other words.

Sorry Bobbs, you still confuse me! (Not difficult TBF). Not sure if sacking him solves nothing, or playing 4-4-2 and winning solves nothing?

Playing 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1 or whatever) with more direct approach does solve something as it means we are playing more to the team's perceived strengths rather than the negative backwards-sideways pedestrian nonsense of previous games that the team appear to be unsuited to.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Oct 2017 19:30

Ascotexgunner I have no complaints for a change. WD the lads.....nice to see us play to the teams strengths and non of this bullsh+t tippy tappy back passing. He needs to now keep and improve on this system now and abandon that sh+t boring crap we have been dishing out. This team is a good team and masively underachieving. As one of JS biggest critics he might just turn this round if he changes if he can show more of this type of flexibility.

There was no sea change in approach. We still played the way Stam wanted us to. We just played it reasonably well and made better decisions, rather than terribly as we have recently.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 14 Oct 2017 19:37

What a great result.

We've been waiting for a good performance for weeks. It looked like a togetherness had returned - long may it last.

I just pray that JDB Aluko and Barrow can really press on now. McCleary & Beerens Are yet to turn up this year. Kermie may not the player he was.

Keep this winning formulae please Mr Stam.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Oct 2017 19:43

I thought it really helped that Gunter was pushed to the left, where he was much more positive. The change seemed to break many of his worst habits and Bacuna was excellent at RB, much more positive than Gunter has been all season.

JVDB having an excellent, virtually error free game also helped. As did having Bodvarsson back.

It'd be harsh on Blackett, but I'd happily see Gunter play on the left for the rest of the season if he can replicate that. Ideally with Watson coming in to shine on the right so Bacuna can go back into midfield.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Oct 2017 19:54

RoyalBlue
marlowuk
McDermolenko Is this what it's come to?

We scrape a 1-0 win in another very dull affair vs a very lacklustre Leeds side and we celebrate as if we've won the league.

Inb4 reality hits in once we lose 2-0 to Sheffield United next week.

Stam out.

We celebrate because we have stopped the rot.
We celebrate because we kept a clean sheet for the first time since August
We celebrate because we inflicted Leeds' first home defeat of the season
We celebrate because we will go into that Sheffield Utd game with that much more confidence and belief!!!
We celebrate!!

Don't spoil the victory with that image.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Oct 2017 21:22

strap

Be grateful for your thoughts on the formation - Sporting Life and BBC had 4-4-2 but you were there so I'd reckon your analysis would be more accurate. TIA.

I wasn’t there, but Stam said on the radio that we played 4-3-3, so I kind of trust him on the matter.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 14 Oct 2017 21:31

genome
strap

I wasn’t there, but Stam said on the radio that we played 4-3-3, so I kind of trust him on the matter.

Would make sense if Aluko played behind Bod that it could transition between a 4-3-3 and a 4-4-1-1.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Oct 2017 00:10

NewCorkSeth
HeinzGuderian So far so good up here to be fair. You really can see why Leeds are a huge club too. Pubs around the ground all packed.

Love my club but cant help but be a bit envious.

Genome?

Weirdo stole my avatar

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 15 Oct 2017 08:18

Kitsondinho Brilliant result! Great to see Stam giving a little to allow us to be direct. He clearly is the man to take us forward! Delighted for Mo, impressed everytime I’ve seen him this year. Obviously Lolololeeds.....

If he is 'clearly' the man for the job, you think he might have changed tactics sooner - a cynic might even say the injury to Obita has forced him to an option he never considered before... :|

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Oct 2017 08:28

Steve_Upper_West
Kitsondinho Brilliant result! Great to see Stam giving a little to allow us to be direct. He clearly is the man to take us forward! Delighted for Mo, impressed everytime I’ve seen him this year. Obviously Lolololeeds.....

If he is 'clearly' the man for the job, you think he might have changed tactics sooner - a cynic might even say the injury to Obita has forced him to an option he never considered before... :|

Don't see how that could be true. We played better.

Blackett had been having good games til the last 2 or 3 where he was very ropey and Obita's not been available for the most part anyway.

We missed Bod the last 3, now he's back, with Aluko into the hole.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Oct 2017 08:36

The Villa fans obvs had little time for Bacuna towards the end, but they seemed to be in agreement he was actually a pretty decent right back

I’d happily see him stay there for a while. We have plenty of other bodies in midfield who can cover for him, esp when Swift comes back

finchroyal

by finchroyal » 15 Oct 2017 09:02

Great result good goal , leeds created very little first half. Reading the better. nicked it second half, leeds looked much better when there
roof player left the pitch. Not many reading fans there . There fans certainly sing my lad asked me why the Mads not like that.

142 posts