Leeds v RFC Back from the Tele

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Leeds v RFC Back from the Tele

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Oct 2017 10:12

Anyone hear Christiansen's bizarre post match comments about not criticising refs because that's how foreign managers lose their job?

Not withstanding that Arsene Wenger is the longest serving manager in England and has made a career out of criticising officials, that's sounds like a manager struggling with the pressure.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Oct 2017 10:13

genome
Hound
genome
His turn of pace for the goal was amazing. Exactly the kind of player we missed last year.

Kind of player we’ve missed this year (when he was injured) even more

He makes a massive difference to our attacking threat. Was really hoping Aluko would be another version of him and and they could terrorise the oppo full backs. Maybe he still will in time. Popa is similar but not as good from what I’ve seen

Agreed, but Stam's playing him too centrally. I would rather see Aluko out wide on the opposite flank instead of Beerens or McCleary. Bodvarsson in the middle.

yeah. Surely the ideal is Barrow and Aluko right up on the full backs and Dadi in a classic no 9.

You can always use McCleary and Beerens when required to give us more disciplined shape in a 4-4-2 type set up when required

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Oct 2017 10:14

From Despair To Where? Anyone hear Christiansen's bizarre post match comments about not criticising refs because that's how foreign managers lose their job?

Not withstanding that Arsene Wenger is the longest serving manager in England and has made a career out of criticising officials, that's sounds like a manager struggling with the pressure.

Also makes me laugh when a manager comes out and says they deserved to win, when they clearly didn't, and they have absolutely nothing to back it up with. Obvs Stam has done it plenty of times as well.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Oct 2017 10:15

From Despair To Where? Anyone hear Christiansen's bizarre post match comments about not criticising refs because that's how foreign managers lose their job?

Rumour has it he didn't speak to the Leeds players at full-time either.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 16 Oct 2017 10:29

Hound
yeah. Surely the ideal is Barrow and Aluko right up on the full backs and Dadi in a classic no 9.

You can always use McCleary and Beerens when required to give us more disciplined shape in a 4-4-2 type set up when required

With Swift sat behind Dadi we would be unstoppable :shock:

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 16 Oct 2017 12:06

lightning strikes To me we played pretty much the same as we have done for the last six games but this time we took our chance and they didn't. Barrow makes a difference, our best player.

Not sure I'd agree with that. I counted Mannone passing out from the back about 4 times and 3 of them were once we’d gone 1-nil up. He mostly used a goal kick up the field the whole game. I watched it live on a feed and then the full game on ifollow this morning. We played a lot of balls over the top from our defence or just in front of our own defence, some high cross field balls out the wings, and plenty of high balls to clear danger from our own box. We rarely played out from the back, with very little if any, tippy-tappy keep the ball in our own half being played all game. To me it was a mix of 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 but Jaap says it was 4-3-3 so I'll run with that.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 16 Oct 2017 12:10

Grot who came on for them is an absolute beast and only 19. He dwarfed the Leeds Rhinos players who had a walk around the pitch at halftime.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Oct 2017 12:22

Sutekh
LUX
NewCorkSeth I'm so happy for Mannone. Really has been doing well and just lacked a few standout moments.

I could have saved that. It was a back pass.

Pleased for Mannone, mind.

Absolutely. It may have been a cr@p penalty but the keeper still has to fall over in the right direction.

I just mean he needed it. A penalty save in the dying minutes of a game we could easily have thrown away again will do wonders for the teams and his confidence.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Oct 2017 12:24

Hound
genome
Hound
Kind of player we’ve missed this year (when he was injured) even more

He makes a massive difference to our attacking threat. Was really hoping Aluko would be another version of him and and they could terrorise the oppo full backs. Maybe he still will in time. Popa is similar but not as good from what I’ve seen

Agreed, but Stam's playing him too centrally. I would rather see Aluko out wide on the opposite flank instead of Beerens or McCleary. Bodvarsson in the middle.

I'm down with that. Aluko is wasted centrally. He's clearly a very good player but he needs to be out on the wing scaring the defenders.
Barrow simply has to start. He's been the most effective winger by far.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Oct 2017 16:12

genome

Rumour has it he didn't speak to the Leeds players at full-time either.

Which suggests either Christiansen is a nutter or Leeds have been bought by another nutter.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Oct 2017 16:57

LWJ
Hound

With Swift sat behind Dadi we would be unstoppable :shock:

Exciting attacking line up, but we'd concede a shit load too.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Oct 2017 06:36

I think the most bizarre thing about his comments was that he thought Leeds deserved to win.

Some on WACCOE already calling for him to leave. Ficklest bunch of feral fvcktards I've ever seen.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Oct 2017 08:54

Our line up on LUFC TV :lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Oct 2017 09:10

Is that a couple of Sheffield Wednesday players in there? I know they're thick in Leeds but I never thought they'd be that thick as to mixed the two clubs up just because we both play in blue and white.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Oct 2017 09:31

It is. And one of those Wednesday players isn't even a striker!

Dennis the Butler
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

by Dennis the Butler » 17 Oct 2017 10:07

Defo Popa for GMac .. think Popa has a lot to offer, certainly more than GMac atm.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Oct 2017 11:39

genome Our line up on LUFC TV :lol:

You have solved a conundrum for me.

All week my six year old who is addicted to Reading FC has been banging onto me about Hooper, where did he come from, is he a youth team player and that he "played well" on Saturday. (everyone plays well according to him).

Didn't have a clue what he was going on about. He watches all things Reading on the ipad via youtube - and this will be why!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Oct 2017 12:03

It's good to know LUFCtv's broadcasting standard has found its target audience.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Oct 2017 13:00

Leeds United, a shit football club but a first class care in the community provider.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 17 Oct 2017 14:49

genome Our line up on LUFC TV :lol:

Edwards at CB? One I'm not sure Stam has considered...