Hob Nob Legend

Re: Relegation

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Mar 2023 12:56

It will happen

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 Mar 2023 13:40

One8Seven1* Lump your money on us going down!

Skybet have removed us from the relegation betting options :(

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Mar 2023 16:20

No relegation odds on Bet365 (presumably to avoid people with insider knowledge like the earlier poster and Ian getting an advantage) but their promotion odds have 7 teams less likely to go up than us

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 16 Mar 2023 17:32

We won't go down this season.

There are at least 3 teams wose than us.

There were signs last night that we at least knew where the opposition goal was.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Mar 2023 17:36

Kitsondinho
One8Seven1* 9 point cushion - 6 points due to be applied today/tomorrow allegedly.

So it's a 3 point cushion, a weak arse team, a suspect keeper, and a by tactical numpty manager, whom we're the only club who has tolerated his football for more than one full year.

Lump your money on us going down!

Like it was going to happen two weeks ago…and last week…and before last night’s game. No one (not even the EFL it seems) has a clue when/if it is going to happen. The whole situation is ridiculous!

Tim Dellor said he spoke to someone "in the know" and that it's 6 points and it will be applied during the international break. The only reason I can think it's been delayed is that I wonder if they might suspend the deduction if we agree on another EFL financial plan again next season....which means we will definitely be f*cked in our current state. Maybe we delayed the decision because we wanted time to think about it. I don't know.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Mar 2023 18:33

Ascotexgunner
Kitsondinho
One8Seven1* 9 point cushion - 6 points due to be applied today/tomorrow allegedly.

So it's a 3 point cushion, a weak arse team, a suspect keeper, and a by tactical numpty manager, whom we're the only club who has tolerated his football for more than one full year.

Like it was going to happen two weeks ago…and last week…and before last night’s game. No one (not even the EFL it seems) has a clue when/if it is going to happen. The whole situation is ridiculous!

Tim Dellor said he spoke to someone "in the know" and that it's 6 points and it will be applied during the international break. The only reason I can think it's been delayed is that I wonder if they might suspend the deduction if we agree on another EFL financial plan again next season....which means we will definitely be f*cked in our current state. Maybe we delayed the decision because we wanted time to think about it. I don't know.

If we have another embargo next year then that would be my decision made for me not to renew my ST.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 16 Mar 2023 18:41

windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner
Kitsondinho Like it was going to happen two weeks ago…and last week…and before last night’s game. No one (not even the EFL it seems) has a clue when/if it is going to happen. The whole situation is ridiculous!

If we have another embargo next year then that would be my decision made for me not to renew my ST.

As I said, a ridiculous situation. The EFL does itself no favours by handling it like this.

Thanks for the heads up re Dellor, Ascot. I hadn’t heard that!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Mar 2023 19:26

Kitsondinho
windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner

As I said, a ridiculous situation. The EFL does itself no favours by handling it like this.

What have the FL done wrong?

The press got hold of info and splurged it everywhere, the FL have made one holding statement in response, everything else is speculation or comment from the club.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 16 Mar 2023 19:46

Ascotexgunner
Kitsondinho

I'm pretty sure Dellor said the club source said it would be applied before the International break (that's what he said after Millwall anyway)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Mar 2023 19:54

He did.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 16 Mar 2023 20:02

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
How many teams manage to bounce back though. It's clearly an incredibly difficult league to get back out of again. If we go down courtesy of a points deduction, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mr Dai throw the towel in through exasperation. If he does, who will buy us? Getting a new owner is likely to prove far more difficult than getting a decent manager.

Lots get back within 3 seasons.

And a lot don't, the one's that do are usually well run as well, not like us who are probably more comparable to Charlton, who are just mid-table in that division.

I think with our finance's in a better place after the embargo we still should be able to handle the drop down if the worst was to happen. There are some pretty big clubs and some pretty tasty local derby's in there which should see the attendance's still at a respectable level.

We would also have to rely heavily on our youth set up which in some ways could be a good thing. I would much prefer to see our homegrown talent giving 110% than watching a bunch of geriatrics get walloped most weekends.

Another going thing is that we are likely to win more games and hopefully play a more attractive brand of football which in turn should generate a much better atmosphere within the stadium.

Finally, look at some of the clubs who have bounced back or at least are in the position of bouncing back. The likes of Sheff.W, Ipswich, Plymouth, Bolton, Derby, Portsmouth etc...they are all getting great entertainment and great attendances.

Yes, it's a step back, however, out here in Canada/US rebuilds happen all the time, yes, it may take 2, 3 or 5 years to complete but the upside can be a rejuvenated football club and a rejuvenated fan base.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 16 Mar 2023 20:28

Snowflake Royal
Kitsondinho
windermereROYAL

The press got hold of info and splurged it everywhere, the FL have made one holding statement in response, everything else is speculation or comment from the club.

You’ve answered your own question there. None of the points deductions coming the way of various Championship clubs have been officially announced etc…but the info is all over the press. They’ve got more leaks than Tory HQ. It is shambolic and the EFL should be doing something to find out how it is happening.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 16 Mar 2023 20:42

I think a couple of leaks is the least of our worries.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Mar 2023 22:43

Kitsondinho
Snowflake Royal
Kitsondinho As I said, a ridiculous situation. The EFL does itself no favours by handling it like this.

You’ve answered your own question there. None of the points deductions coming the way of various Championship clubs have been officially announced etc…but the info is all over the press. They’ve got more leaks than Tory HQ. It is shambolic and the EFL should be doing something to find out how it is happening.

So basically exactly the same as any high interest organisation

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 17 Mar 2023 10:04

Next 4 games key to season, assuming we are -6.

Need at least 6 points from Hull, Bristol, Brum & Preston.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Mar 2023 10:36

Mid Sussex Royal Next 4 games key to season, assuming we are -6.

Remaining fixtures for the current bottom 4 (and QPR who seem to be in free fall)

Blackpool

18 Mar - Coventry (h)
01 Apr - Preston (a)
07 Apr - Cardiff (h)
10 Apr - Luton (a)
15 Apr - Wigan (h)
18 Apr - WBA (h)
22 Apr - Birmingham (a)
29 Apr - Millwall (h)
08 May - Norwich (a)

Cardiff

18 Mar - Rotherham (a)
01 Apr - Swansea (h)
07 Apr - Blackpool (a)
10 Apr - Sunderland (h)
15 Apr - Sheff U (a)
19 Apr - Watford (a)
22 Apr - Stoke (h)
29 Apr - Huddersfield (h)
08 May - Burnley (a)

Huddersfield

18 Mar - Millwall (a)
01 Apr - Middlesbrough (h)
07 Apr - Watford (a)
10 Apr - Blackburn (h)
15 Apr - Swansea (a)
18 Apr - Sunderland (h)
22 Apr - Sheff U (h)
29 Apr - Cardiff (a)
08 May - Reading (h)

Wigan

18 Mar - Watford (a)
01 Apr - QPR (h)
07 Apr - Sheff U (a)
10 Apr - Swansea (h)
10 Apr - Luon (a)
15 Apr - Blackpool (a)
18 Apr - Stoke (a)
22 Apr - Millwall (h)
29 Apr - Reading (a)
08 May - Norwich (a)

QPR

18 Mar - Birmingham (h)
01 Apr - Wigan (a)
07 Apr - Preston (h)
10 Apr - WBA (a)
15 Apr - Coventry (h)
19 Apr - Norwich (h)
22 Apr - Burnley (a)
29 Apr - Stoke (a)
08 May - Bristol C (h)

Would suggest that Blackpool may get out of it but that Cardiff may be in serious trouble (esp. as they don’t have Reading to play).

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Mar 2023 11:29

Sutekh

Remaining fixtures for the current bottom 4 (and QPR who seem to be in free fall)

Blackpool

18 Mar - Coventry (h) D
01 Apr - Preston (a) D
07 Apr - Cardiff (h) W
10 Apr - Luton (a) L
15 Apr - Wigan (h) D
18 Apr - WBA (h) L
22 Apr - Birmingham (a) D
29 Apr - Millwall (h) L
08 May - Norwich (a) L

7 points from their remaining games, finish on 43.

Cardiff

18 Mar - Rotherham (a) D
01 Apr - Swansea (h) W
07 Apr - Blackpool (a) L
10 Apr - Sunderland (h) D
15 Apr - Sheff U (a) L
19 Apr - Watford (a) L
22 Apr - Stoke (h) D
29 Apr - Huddersfield (h) W
08 May - Burnley (a) L

9 points from their remaining games, finish on 48.

Huddersfield

18 Mar - Millwall (a) L
01 Apr - Middlesbrough (h) L
07 Apr - Watford (a) L
10 Apr - Blackburn (h) L
15 Apr - Swansea (a) D
18 Apr - Sunderland (h) D
22 Apr - Sheff U (h) D
29 Apr - Cardiff (a) L
08 May - Reading (h) W

6 points from their remaining games, finish on 39 and down.

Wigan

18 Mar - Watford (a) L
01 Apr - QPR (h) W
07 Apr - Sheff U (a) L
10 Apr - Swansea (h) D
10 Apr - Luton (a) L
15 Apr - Blackpool (a) D
18 Apr - Stoke (a) L
22 Apr - Millwall (h) L
29 Apr - Reading (a) L
08 May - Norwich (a) L

5 points from their remaining fixtures, finish on 38.

QPR

18 Mar - Birmingham (h) W
01 Apr - Wigan (a) L
07 Apr - Preston (h) L
10 Apr - WBA (a) L
15 Apr - Coventry (h) L
19 Apr - Norwich (h) D
22 Apr - Burnley (a) L
29 Apr - Stoke (a) L
08 May - Bristol C (h) D

5 points from their remaining fixtures, finish on 47.

Put my thoughts for each side above. I think we will get another 10 points from our remaining fixtures, leaving us on 54, 48 if a deduction is applied.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Mar 2023 11:34

Out of all that teams will get...

Blackpool 9
Cardiff 5
Wigan 9
Huddersfield 4
QPR 7
Reading 8

I will let someone else do the maths where that leaves us...

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Mar 2023 11:36

paultheroyal Out of all that teams will get...

Blackpool 9 = 44
Cardiff 5 = 44
Wigan 9 = 42 (39)
Huddersfield 4 = 37
QPR 7 = 49
Reading 8 = 52 (46)

I will let someone else do the maths where that leaves us...
Last edited by Hendo on 17 Mar 2023 12:23, edited 2 times in total.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Mar 2023 11:36

I disagree, I think we need at least 8-9 points

1865 posts