Relegation

1865 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Relegation

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2022 18:31

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal
Hound Not sure we’d have found a taker for Moore - and dunno what the wage bill limit for d1 would have been but presumably considerably less than 16m

And Moore taking up a near 2m chunk of that

As long As we are sensible this year I don’t think we should necessarily fear the financial implications of relegation next season though

I think Moore's easier to shift on the basis there's even more incentive to him leaving to avoid being a L1 player... ie making more Championship clubs and lower wage offers attractive to him over rotting in the reserves.

It's purely speculative though for sure.

I'm working on a rough guesstimate the FL would set us at about £12m budget in L1... if it would be more like £8m, yeah, it would be pretty bad. But I'm not sure how they could justify reducing it so much given pay commitments.

I'm so sick of our financial mismanagement a bit of apocalyptic reset isn’t unattractive to me.

Assuming we actually learn our lesson and start running ourselves properly, getting over next season's hump could lead to some sunny uplands.

You are Boris Johnson AICMFP

Well that's unnecessarily offensive and utterly innaccurate.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Apr 2022 18:37

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal I think Moore's easier to shift on the basis there's even more incentive to him leaving to avoid being a L1 player... ie making more Championship clubs and lower wage offers attractive to him over rotting in the reserves.

It's purely speculative though for sure.

I'm working on a rough guesstimate the FL would set us at about £12m budget in L1... if it would be more like £8m, yeah, it would be pretty bad. But I'm not sure how they could justify reducing it so much given pay commitments.

I'm so sick of our financial mismanagement a bit of apocalyptic reset isn’t unattractive to me.

Assuming we actually learn our lesson and start running ourselves properly, getting over next season's hump could lead to some sunny uplands.

You are Boris Johnson AICMFP

Offensive I get :wink:

But, If you will start raising expectations with sunny uplands

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2022 18:39

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC You are Boris Johnson AICMFP

Offensive I get :wink:

But, If you will start raising expectations with sunny uplands

Ahhh, but I don't think we've learnt any lessons. :P

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 07 May 2022 20:04

Why there is still a bit of hope Peterborough United can avoid relegation this season

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... on-3684927

All a bit mysterious

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 07 May 2022 20:21

morganb Why there is still a bit of hope Peterborough United can avoid relegation this season

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... on-3684927

All a bit mysterious

There's no way any further deductions will be imposed on this season!! we've just coasted through the last three games knowing we're safe, if any further deductions were going to happen you would have seen it in the players performances.
Just sour grapes from Posh me thinks.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 May 2022 20:45

Clutching at straws, not happening.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 May 2022 20:47

Only way it would happen is if we have breached our agreed wage budget for this season. I'm none the wiser to anyone else outside the walls of the club, but I'm sure we'd have heard about it by now if we felt that was likely.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 May 2022 21:04

YorkshireRoyal99 Only way it would happen is if we have breached our agreed wage budget for this season. I'm none the wiser to anyone else outside the walls of the club, but I'm sure we'd have heard about it by now if we felt that was likely.

There would be other ways.
If we had breached any aspect of our agreement the 6 points suspension would kick in. The agreement is not just about wage budgets. Or if it was found we had concealed any info when putting the agreement together.
It’s also possible that we might be heading into administration. Can’t see that but it could happen and would obviously see a deduction.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 May 2022 21:42

Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99 Only way it would happen is if we have breached our agreed wage budget for this season. I'm none the wiser to anyone else outside the walls of the club, but I'm sure we'd have heard about it by now if we felt that was likely.

If we had breached any aspect of our agreement the 6 points suspension would kick in. The agreement is not just about wage budgets. Or if it was found we had concealed any info when putting the agreement together.
It’s also possible that we might be heading into administration. Can’t see that but it could happen and would obviously see a deduction.

Is it?

I didn't fact check although I thought it was just the breach of agreed budgets that would see another 6 point deduction. Realistically though, what else could it actually be at this stage other than breaching our budgets?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 May 2022 21:49

Just a throwaway comment by Grant McCann, stop sodding panicking, they didn`t do it to Derby last year and they won`t do it to us this year.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 May 2022 21:55

YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless

Is it?

I didn't fact check although I thought it was just the breach of agreed budgets that would see another 6 point deduction. Realistically though, what else could it actually be at this stage other than breaching our budgets?

Of course it’s possible.
Unlikely, but possible.
Read the original statement , it’s easier than just asking other people.
And be consistent. First of all you said it was ‘only’ possible if we breached our wage budget. Then you changed it to ‘ breach of budget’.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 May 2022 22:48

Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless

Is it?

Of course it’s possible.
Unlikely, but possible.
And be consistent. First of all you said it was ‘only’ possible if we breached our wage budget. Then you changed it to ‘ breach of budget’.

Too late for admin to apply this season isn’t it? And only way we go in to it is if Dai pulls his funding qnd someone claims an unpaid debt isn’t it?

Be quite funny if we went through all that, surviving a few games out and whimpering to a finish, only to discover we've gone over budget and our suspended six is applied... down we go.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 May 2022 23:27

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
Is it?

Of course it’s possible.
Unlikely, but possible.

Too late for admin to apply this season isn’t it? And only way we go in to it is if Dai pulls his funding qnd someone claims an unpaid debt isn’t it?

Be quite funny if we went through all that, surviving a few games out and whimpering to a finish, only to discover we've gone over budget and our suspended six is applied... down we go.

You go into administration by the owners choosing to do it. They basically say they can’t run the club due to debts and hand over to accountants. Dai Yonnge is the one the club owes money to, so he could put us into admin. Wigan went down this route if I recall.
Not sure what the ‘deadline’ for applying a deduction for admin is and can’t find the EFL regs that should specify but you can bet there would be all sorts of challenges if we did go into admin now and escaped relegation because the deduction went towards next season.
Don’t think it is at all likely to happen though....
I’d also be amazed if we had breached the rules in some way but still played the way we have. If we were in danger of breaching there would have been dramatic measures to try and avoid it. We wouldn’t have had Nyland, Thomas and Barker around.
Technically we could have done something daft like accidentally had one too many players registered. Not sure for example whether the end of Melvin- Lamberts loan had been forgotten and he qualifies as a player (don’t think he does) and if that meant we had 26 qualified players we’d theoretically have breached the agreement....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 May 2022 08:42

I would also presume that the FL and club would have had some sort of idea as to what the latest set of accounts would look like and in what sort of region the losses would be so hopefully that's already been taken into consideration and as long as the loss is in the expected ball park hopefully that's it on points deductions (so long as the club keep to the agreed "plan" for the next 12 months).

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 May 2022 09:06

With Dai in charge nothing should surprise us. Staying up would be his priority whatever the cost. Sticking his fingers up to the rules never bothered him previously.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 May 2022 09:47

Would be next season now. League season has finished

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 08 May 2022 10:05

If we were to get another 6 points deduction and get relegated it will just bring forward what will happen next season in my opinion. I am looking forward to next season purely on the basis I hope we’ll be signing some young hungry players and I want to see bridges built between the club and the fans. However, I can’t see us avoiding relegation next season especially if we get another 6 points deducted. In all honesty it will need a minor miracle for us to be in the Championship for the 2023/24 season.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 08 May 2022 10:10

blythspartan If we were to get another 6 points deduction and get relegated it will just bring forward what will happen next season in my opinion. I am looking forward to next season purely on the basis I hope we’ll be signing some young hungry players and I want to see bridges built between the club and the fans. However, I can’t see us avoiding relegation next season especially if we get another 6 points deducted. In all honesty it will need a minor miracle for us to be in the Championship for the 2023/24 season.

Everything ok at home m8?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 May 2022 11:57

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Of course it’s possible.
Unlikely, but possible.

You go into administration by the owners choosing to do it. They basically say they can’t run the club due to debts and hand over to accountants. Dai Yonnge is the one the club owes money to, so he could put us into admin. Wigan went down this route if I recall.
Not sure what the ‘deadline’ for applying a deduction for admin is and can’t find the EFL regs that should specify but you can bet there would be all sorts of challenges if we did go into admin now and escaped relegation because the deduction went towards next season.
Don’t think it is at all likely to happen though....
I’d also be amazed if we had breached the rules in some way but still played the way we have. If we were in danger of breaching there would have been dramatic measures to try and avoid it. We wouldn’t have had Nyland, Thomas and Barker around.
Technically we could have done something daft like accidentally had one too many players registered. Not sure for example whether the end of Melvin- Lamberts loan had been forgotten and he qualifies as a player (don’t think he does) and if that meant we had 26 qualified players we’d theoretically have breached the agreement....

That’s not entirely true
You can be placed into administration by a major creditor. Not applicable in our case unless we’ve got major loans on top of Dai’s, though

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 08 May 2022 12:06

SouthDownsRoyal
blythspartan If we were to get another 6 points deduction and get relegated it will just bring forward what will happen next season in my opinion. I am looking forward to next season purely on the basis I hope we’ll be signing some young hungry players and I want to see bridges built between the club and the fans. However, I can’t see us avoiding relegation next season especially if we get another 6 points deducted. In all honesty it will need a minor miracle for us to be in the Championship for the 2023/24 season.

Everything ok at home m8?

Not too bad cheers, I have just taken a tax free cash lump sum from my pension so we’re off for a Caribbean cruise next month. Just a bit despondent about the club’s future right now.

1865 posts