Relegation

1865 posts
BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BRe: Relegation

by BROB0T » 09 May 2022 21:32

LUX
BROB0T
NathStPaul That is a great point. He has confessed to having about 30 user names after all. He had us all on strings.

Went for a pint with Karboota the other day he's alright IRL!

and yet you’re not.

It’s a funny old world.

oh hello...Old Man LUX has arrived

how can I help?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Relegation

by Nameless » 09 May 2022 21:33

YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
Is it?

I didn't fact check although I thought it was just the breach of agreed budgets that would see another 6 point deduction. Realistically though, what else could it actually be at this stage other than breaching our budgets?

Of course it’s possible.
Unlikely, but possible.
Read the original statement , it’s easier than just asking other people.
And be consistent. First of all you said it was ‘only’ possible if we breached our wage budget. Then you changed it to ‘ breach of budget’.

So you named an unrealistic possibility then...

Breaching our budgets as in playing budget, i.e. wages. The terminology wasn't any different, I just used a different phrase.

No, I described how it could happen, and said it was unlikely ! It has happened in recent times so it’s not just theoretical or ‘unrealistic’. Is it ‘unrealistic’ for Dai to decide he’s had enough ?
Surely if you use a different phrase you are using different terminology ! Whatever.....

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 09 May 2022 21:54

LUX
BROB0T
NathStPaul That is a great point. He has confessed to having about 30 user names after all. He had us all on strings.

and yet you’re not.

It’s a funny old world.

actually, any chance we could just be nice to each other?

I'll promise to vote Labour in '24 (if I'm in England)

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 10 May 2022 05:56

BROB0T
LUX
BROB0T

and yet you’re not.

It’s a funny old world.

actually, any chance we could just be nice to each other?

I'll promise to vote Labour in '24 (if I'm in England)

I'm not KKKARBOOT ffs...
NathStPaul is a self confessed bellend, a massive fanny who got bullied off the AE and won't come back and he also wears girly headbands and stupid floral shirts :lol:

There are links to him and some Very unsavoury comments aswell

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 May 2022 09:06

Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
Of course it’s possible.
Unlikely, but possible.
Read the original statement , it’s easier than just asking other people.
And be consistent. First of all you said it was ‘only’ possible if we breached our wage budget. Then you changed it to ‘ breach of budget’.

So you named an unrealistic possibility then...

Breaching our budgets as in playing budget, i.e. wages. The terminology wasn't any different, I just used a different phrase.

No, I described how it could happen, and said it was unlikely ! It has happened in recent times so it’s not just theoretical or ‘unrealistic’. Is it ‘unrealistic’ for Dai to decide he’s had enough ?

What is there to suggest that it's realistic that we might go into administration and that the Dai's have had enough? If anything, they've very clearly stated on most club statements in recent times that they are wholeheartedly committed to the club. Yes, it could change at any given moment, but that doesn't seem likely at this point.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 May 2022 09:09

The owner cannot just walk away, he'd be in serious legal trouble if he did. There are things in place through the FA and Football League to stop things like that happening. At worst, the owner can refuse to fund new wages or transfers until he sells, the club wouldn't just instantly fold.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 May 2022 09:35

NathStPaul The owner cannot just walk away, he'd be in serious legal trouble if he did. There are things in place through the FA and Football League to stop things like that happening. At worst, the owner can refuse to fund new wages or transfers until he sells, the club wouldn't just instantly fold.

Yes - ultimately that was my point. It just doesn't seem very likely to happen at this point. The point of "at any given moment" wasn't literal.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 May 2022 09:40

YorkshireRoyal99
NathStPaul The owner cannot just walk away, he'd be in serious legal trouble if he did. There are things in place through the FA and Football League to stop things like that happening. At worst, the owner can refuse to fund new wages or transfers until he sells, the club wouldn't just instantly fold.

Yes - ultimately that was my point. It just doesn't seem very likely to happen at this point. The point of "at any given moment" wasn't literal.

I do think he'd sell if it meant a return on his investment and as we have seen any side can be subject to a takeover approach at any time. I'd guess that his ultimate goal at this stage of proceedings. Promotion is a long, long way off.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 May 2022 09:53

Probably the only way that would happen is through promotion really, as you say. He's thrown a lot of money at the club thus far in his tenure, but it will be a good number of years before we end up challenging seriously/consistently.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 31 Jul 2022 11:17

If we survive this season I'll feel far more bullish about our next few seasons fortunes.

If we go down I think we'll do an Ipswich

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2022 12:59

Royal_jimmy If we survive this season I'll feel far more bullish about our next few seasons fortunes.

If we go down I think we'll do an Ipswich

Consistently top half and knocking around the POs would be nice.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 01 Aug 2022 18:45

Winning more than 8 home games a season is the stuff of dream’s.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Aug 2022 23:00

A football club is just like any other business in the UK. The owner isn't legally bound to use their own money to fund a business which is haemorrhaging cash. The sister has the major stake in the Chinese business. The share price of which has declined significantly over the past 12 months. Reflecting the domestic Covid lockdowns which have been imposed. There's a point when looking for an exit route maybe the preferable option.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Aug 2022 13:56

Lower West

A football club is just like any other business in the UK. The owner isn't legally bound to use their own money to fund a business which is haemorrhaging cash. The sister has the major stake in the Chinese business. The share price of which has declined significantly over the past 12 months. Reflecting the domestic Covid lockdowns which have been imposed. There's a point when looking for an exit route maybe the preferable option.

But I guess the point is that he can't access the money he has put in. Even if it is debt to himself, it is subordinate to all our other obligations and he can't just take it. So we would not immediately fold, but we would run into trouble pretty quickly. If he wants his money back then a sale is the only way (or making a Championship club profitable over the long term, which is a laughable ambition).

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 13 Aug 2022 15:28

We are a shambles of a side. Ince and Bowen admitted no one else can sign for us unless we pull a great deal to sell Puscas out of the hat. Ince has massive job on his hands to keep us up. It'll be a miracle if he does.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 13 Aug 2022 18:02

Meh if we go down we will be shot of Joe Lumley

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 13 Aug 2022 22:34

Hello Mr Positive

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Aug 2022 10:18

Has any team been relegated in August before? you would think so looking at here and social media.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 14 Aug 2022 10:40

windermereROYAL Has any team been relegated in August before? you would think so looking at here and social media.

I think it is a first, after three games to be relegated, especially odd when you are not in the relegation zone.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Aug 2022 12:22

SouthDownsRoyal
windermereROYAL Has any team been relegated in August before? you would think so looking at here and social media.

I think it is a first, after three games to be relegated, especially odd when you are not in the relegation zone.

Royal-jimmy had us relegated before a ball was kicked, so you're a bit slow to this one.

1865 posts