Relegation

1865 posts
RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Relegation

by RG30 » 14 Aug 2022 12:30

windermereROYAL Has any team been relegated in August before? you would think so looking at here and social media.

We’ve lost to 2 direct relegation rivals and not even faced a decent team yet. Hardly surprising the negativity is around.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 14 Aug 2022 12:41

windermereROYAL Has any team been relegated in August before? you would think so looking at here and social media.

Normally one of the promoted teams from League One is earmarked to go down. There's a chasm between all the divisions now.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 14 Aug 2022 12:54

Snowflake Royal
SouthDownsRoyal

I think it is a first, after three games to be relegated, especially odd when you are not in the relegation zone.

Royal-jimmy had us relegated before a ball was kicked, so you're a bit slow to this one.

royaLOL_jimmy

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Aug 2022 13:28

Just wait until we face the likes of Middlesbrough and Watford

TTutt12

by TTutt12 » 03 Feb 2023 10:41

we had a good showing vs man utd which should show what we are capable of but serious lack of maturity from carroll cost us. kinda feel bad for man united and eriksen cos he was just getting back to his best and that could have ended his career and their push for the premier league.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Mar 2023 21:33

Hard to bet against us going down if we do indeed get 6 points deducted

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2023 21:41

Meh, don't care. Sick of being shit in the Championship.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Mar 2023 21:45

Snowflake Royal Meh, don't care. Sick of being shit in the Championship.

+1, I just want to enjoy going to games again and I don’t care if that’s in leagues 1 or 2.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2023 21:49

blythspartan

+1, I just want to enjoy going to games again and I don’t care if that’s in leagues 1 or 2.

I said about 5 years ago that I'd prefer to go down quickly and try to bounce back than to linger being shit for years and go down anyway.

I was absolutely 100% spot on. I would much preferred to have gone down a few years ago under Clement, or Gomes. Although at least now our wages should mostly be in order next season.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Mar 2023 21:58

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan

I said about 5 years ago that I'd prefer to go down quickly and try to bounce back than to linger being shit for years and go down anyway.

I was absolutely 100% spot on. I would much preferred to have gone down a few years ago under Clement, or Gomes. Although at least now our wages should mostly be in order next season.

How many teams manage to bounce back though. It's clearly an incredibly difficult league to get back out of again. If we go down courtesy of a points deduction, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mr Dai throw the towel in through exasperation. If he does, who will buy us? Getting a new owner is likely to prove far more difficult than getting a decent manager.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Mar 2023 21:59

So you're both excited to play Accrington Stanley, Morecambe and Shrewsbury on a tuesday night?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Mar 2023 22:54

Royal_jimmy So you're both excited to play Accrington Stanley, Morecambe and Shrewsbury on a tuesday night?

I am hoping to see something better than the utter drivel I have had to watch for years now.

If we can go to Morecambe, play well and win I’ll be happy with that. Also, I miss games against Oxford, Swindon and one song Pompey. I knew this season would be tough but I’ve had enough of the garbage served up in recent seasons.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 15 Mar 2023 23:02

We're not getting relegated. We are regularly winning the games we need to win to stay up.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 15 Mar 2023 23:25

This is exactly where I am Ian, Had enough and cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel now.
Was a time we were astute enough to pick up good players from the leagues below for little money, we can't even afford or are allowed to do that now.
I just cannot see how we can get back to being a well run club playing good attractive football whilst living within our means while we are in the Championship.
Only six of tonight's starting eleven are owned by Reading football club, only two of which, T.Holmes and T.Mcintyre could actually give two fukks about the club.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 15 Mar 2023 23:39

Royal_jimmy So you're both excited to play Accrington Stanley, Morecambe and Shrewsbury on a tuesday night?

If it's decent entertaining football and a few pints with my mates, sure I'm up for that.
Watching a side where the entire eleven are actual Reading Fc players some of whom have come through the academy, why not ?

It's the Championship not the champions league, A shit league these days, the EFL have royally fukked up this division dishing out point deductions and transfer embargoes when they really should be fining the owners monetarily that signed off on those accounts, not punishing the fans who turn up week in and week out.

Next season if we survive we will be competing against possibly any three out of:

Leicester City
West Ham United
AFC Bournemouth
Leeds United
Southampton

All able to generate millions in player sales along with parachute payments.
Level playing field, financial fair play my arse. sick of it to be fair.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 16 Mar 2023 00:27

72 bus

If it's decent entertaining football and a few pints with my mates, sure I'm up for that.
Watching a side where the entire eleven are actual Reading Fc players some of whom have come through the academy, why not ?

It's the Championship not the champions league, A shit league these days, the EFL have royally fukked up this division dishing out point deductions and transfer embargoes when they really should be fining the owners monetarily that signed off on those accounts, not punishing the fans who turn up week in and week out.

Next season if we survive we will be competing against possibly any three out of:

Leicester City
West Ham United
AFC Bournemouth
Leeds United
Southampton

West Ham will stay up

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 16 Mar 2023 00:57

Royal_jimmy
72 bus

Leicester City
West Ham United
AFC Bournemouth
Leeds United
Southampton

West Ham will stay up

Well that's reassuring Jimmy, we will easy take 6 points of each of the others, keep the faith mate.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 16 Mar 2023 06:32

Well Luton Millwall Coventry have done ok. I would be delighted if we had there seasons. Are they any bigger than us?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Mar 2023 07:01

Jackson Corner Well Luton Millwall Coventry have done ok. I would be delighted if we had there seasons. Are they any bigger than us?

Reading did have a season like them, unfortunately though they had a manager with the tactical nous of a banana and that was the end of that.

And while Reading have mis-spent on cr@p players, it’s been the club’s continual appointment of managers with less ability than various types of fruit that has put the club where it is today. Have to say I’m still not seeing any improvement in that area as Ince always gives the impression he’s accidentally stumbled across a good performance through circumstances forced on the club rather than actually achieved one by design.

FFP is not fit for purpose and the fact you get three clubs injected into the division every year that can wildly overspend with the approval of the FL just beggars belief. I think the FL should be screwing the relegated clubs to the ground and making it difficult if not impossible for them to spend or keep a massive playing rota of overpaid failures on their books at the same rates but no that’s too sensible. But until the stupidity of parachute payments is dumped the Championship/Division 2 is seeming going to be stuck on this ridiculous roundabout.

And I don’t want the club playing back in Division 3 at any cost, just a shrewd, flexible, manager and an intelligent recruitment policy like the club had 20 years ago. Might mean a struggle but at least I there’d be a better chance of not getting the unentertaining garbage that we’ve had to endure for a decade now.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 Mar 2023 07:49

I’ll always support Reading irrespective of whatever league we’re in. I knew this season would be tough and would have taken 21st before a ball was kicked this season.

I just don’t see us surviving with the impending points deduction and a mounting injury list. I know we’ve had a tough run of games since we knew about another incoming deduction but it must affect the mentality of our players and give a boost to our relegation rivals judging by Blackpool’s result against QPR. If we get the deduction this week we might be in the bottom 3 come Saturday evening.

Like many on here I have witnessed relegation in the past but at least when that’s happened I have witnessed some decent performances during the course of the season. Honestly, I can only really think of Blackburn at home this season and maybe Burnley away.

I am fed up with the utter sh*te I have seen in recent years. I don’t want us to go down but at the moment I don’t see us surviving. I don’t think we’d do very well in League 1 but it’ might be a better level for our youngsters and give the club a chance to rebuild and come again in 2 - 5 years time. I want to see good, competitive and entertaining games and that’s not happened for years now.

1865 posts