by tidus_mi2 » 25 Oct 2017 09:11

The Chronicle article was right all along about Reading hooliganism. :o

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Sheffield Utd - Back from the game

by leon » 25 Oct 2017 09:24

genome
leon
Snowflake Royal I've absolutely no desire to meet a bellend like you Leon. Happy?

As I thought. You're happy to dish it out but not happy to take responsibility for your words in real life. Well you know where I am.

Seriously are you inviting him for an IRL fight!?

I've merely requested that he considers what he says and whether it would be appropriate to say that to my or anyone else's face. I cast doubt on whether he would want to do this.

Everything else is your interpretation.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Oct 2017 09:26

Well you said "you know where I am", just wondered what you'd do if he took you up on the offer

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Oct 2017 10:00

genome Well you said "you know where I am", just wondered what you'd do if he took you up on the offer

Have a sensible none abusive conversation? :wink:

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 25 Oct 2017 10:25

leon
genome
leon
As I thought. You're happy to dish it out but not happy to take responsibility for your words in real life. Well you know where I am.

Seriously are you inviting him for an IRL fight!?

I've merely requested that he considers what he says and whether it would be appropriate to say that to my or anyone else's face. I cast doubt on whether he would want to do this.

Everything else is your interpretation.

Perhaps he wouldn't want to venture south from the fresh air of Cambridge to the heavily polluted manor where you are ,especially if he has a car more than 12 years old.
BTW is it true that you are no longer allowed to produce wind from either end of your body whilst in London as the methane produced just adds to the pollution so you will now be fined £10 if you belch or fart? :wink:
Like Seb, get out while the going is good.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 25 Oct 2017 11:55

Snowflake Royal Apologies, you'll have to forgive me. I find it incredibly frustrating that people ask questions with such obvious answers just because they happen to disagree with the manager's decisions. I've probably been harsh and less patient than I should by conflating you with two or three people asking similar related questions.

The issue here seems to me to be simply based on disagreement with Stam's decision assuming that an academy player most people hadn't heard of three months ago must automatically be good enough to play because we're struggling, despite having shown nothing for anyone to think that.

I don't have an opinion on whether it was the right decision, I'm merely pointing out Smith is far from any sort of saviour he seems to being painted as (until he has a disappointing run in the team when he'll be overrated and a total waste of space), and that it is not surprising for a manager to stick a big CB upfront late on, or to want the influence of the club captain on the pitch when things aren't going well.

I wasn't trying to debate the merits of the obvious reasons why Stam may have made his choices, merely pointing out they existed.

Ian, I'm thick skinned enough to take a bit of stick now and again, don't worry. :lol: I would agree with Leon though that giving out abuse over t'internet shouldn't be done lightly especially when you know nowt about the person you're insulting.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Oct 2017 13:53

I don't think Smith has been made out to be any kind of "saviour". Just that it's worth giving him a chance considering a team with no strikers is barely scoring.