MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (h) sponsored by fat ladies being asked about their availability

149 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (h) sponsored by fat ladies being asked about their availability

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Oct 2017 20:01

Hound Agree with most of that Ian (though McCleary is injured I believe)

Doesnt matter who plays as much as going out with a positive attacking aggressive attitude which I just haven’t seen that much this year

FFS. Blackett then and switch Gunter to where he's normally shit.

Any news on Watson?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (h) sponsored by fat ladies being asked about their availability

by Hound » 26 Oct 2017 20:22

Nope. Does anyone even know what is wrong with him other than just that it’s his knee?

Been out for absolutely ages now

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 27 Oct 2017 09:37

leon
Snowflake Royal
Hound
thats pretty much what Stam said in the press conf tbf. In the squad for experience.

:lol:

Well it's certainly working - if the experience he wants to get is watching a manager get the sack.

What experience does someone get sitting in a seat and running up and down the line a few times to keep warm? I do half of that at every home game ...

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 27 Oct 2017 09:38

RG7Fan
leon
Snowflake Royal :lol:

Well it's certainly working - if the experience he wants to get is watching a manager get the sack.

What experience does someone get sitting in a seat and running up and down the line a few times to keep warm? I do half of that at every home game ...

On a serious point i cant see Saturday being at all pretty - injury list of key players / positions will see to that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Oct 2017 09:50

RG7Fan
leon
Snowflake Royal :lol:

Pre matchday prep like reports and videos of the opposition
Matchday prep: meeting up, tactical brief, team talk, warming up, feel of the pitch and stadium with a crowd, view of the coaching team's activity bench side during a game... experience the pressure for a result in a professional senior game, see how the senior players cope and react.

There's loads of things a young player wouldn't have experienced that acclimatising them to might give benefits.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 27 Oct 2017 10:30

Snowflake Royal
RG7Fan
leon

Pre matchday prep like reports and videos of the opposition
Matchday prep: meeting up, tactical brief, team talk, warming up, feel of the pitch and stadium with a crowd, view of the coaching team's activity bench side during a game... experience the pressure for a result in a professional senior game, see how the senior players cope and react.

There's loads of things a young player wouldn't have experienced that acclimatising them to might give benefits.

It was more of a flippant comment on my part given his involvement at Sheffield, but certainly being on the bench, etc. this weekend would be an experience. I think its going to be a tough day for us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Oct 2017 10:52

ha, out of boredom checked a Boro forum. Basically a mirror image of this one - sample post:

Is everyone as deflated as I am?
- Yes, my early season enthusiasm is well and truly gone. Didn't look forward to the Barnsley or Cardiff games, had a bad feeling about both. Don't feel confident at all about Reading either, but will be there nonetheless.

Can we actually win this?
- Of course. Whoever score first wins this one I reckon. Going on current form however that is likely not to be us.

How long would you give Monk?
- For me, if we don't beat Reading or Hull (a very distinct possibility) and then lose at home to Sunderland then his position starts to become untenable. A couple of wins in the next three will nudge us back towards top six and he'll buy time.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Oct 2017 11:32

Hound ha, out of boredom checked a Boro forum. Basically a mirror image of this one - sample post:

Is everyone as deflated as I am?
- Yes, my early season enthusiasm is well and truly gone. Didn't look forward to the Barnsley or Cardiff games, had a bad feeling about both. Don't feel confident at all about Reading either, but will be there nonetheless.

Can we actually win this?
- Of course. Whoever score first wins this one I reckon. Going on current form however that is likely not to be us.

How long would you give Monk?
- For me, if we don't beat Reading or Hull (a very distinct possibility) and then lose at home to Sunderland then his position starts to become untenable. A couple of wins in the next three will nudge us back towards top six and he'll buy time.

They are us aren't they?

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 27 Oct 2017 11:36

thanks

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 27 Oct 2017 14:56

Sutekh Personally I'd play Smith instead of Beerens and bring Yann on for the last 20-25 mins or so.

Whatever, just DO NOT play ALUKO or BEERENS in the centre and start Popa (preferably in place of Aluko or Beerens).

Guess we know what Stam will do then :roll:

Spot on. Frankly Stam's selections are now laughable. Brenda and BMcD had their favourites, but Stam takes it to a while new level. Seems the Dutch Mafia have really taken over now.
I have a big problem with Stam calling his 4-6-0 system 4-3-3. This is blatant misrepresentation. In the modern game 4-3-3 means playing with 3 strikers. 4-5-1 means 2 wingers and a striker. He plays with 3 central midfielders and 3 wingers, so it's 4-6-0 no matter how he tries to dress it up.
Sir Steve and BMcD played 4-4-2 - that is 2 central midfielders, 2 wingers and 2 strikers.
As for the match? Well Middlesbrough are without a win in 6, (L3, D3), - so that obviously means they will break their run at our expense!

jar95

by jar95 » 27 Oct 2017 15:07

Ascotexgunner
jar95 Another tough game, and need to start picking up points for the sake of JS. Team I'd go with if we have a fully fit squad..

Mannone
Bacuna Moore McShane Gunter

VDB
Kelly Swift

Yann Barrow

Jaakkola, Blackett, Richards, Edwards, Popa, Aluko, Smith

Why would you start a 36 year old who hasn't competitively kicked a ball for 6 months, who clearly won't be 100% match fit and will no doubt will have a big chance of breaking down again if pushed too hard.

Hence the 'if we have a fully fit squad' comment.

Plus that 36 year old scored 20 goals last year, and we're hardly scoring goals for fun this year are we?

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 27 Oct 2017 18:03

HeinzGuderian
RG7Fan
RG7Fan

On a serious point i cant see Saturday being at all pretty - injury list of key players / positions will see to that.

He doesn't know his best team/positions anyway so it doesn't matter.

He also rotates his side every week too so injuries can not be blamed.

That is also true, but if Obita and Yann / Bod were fit then there would be less sodding around in my view.

The Cube

by The Cube » 27 Oct 2017 20:03

strap
Sutekh Personally I'd play Smith instead of Beerens and bring Yann on for the last 20-25 mins or so.

Whatever, just DO NOT play ALUKO or BEERENS in the centre and start Popa (preferably in place of Aluko or Beerens).

Guess we know what Stam will do then :roll:

Spot on. Frankly Stam's selections are now laughable. Brenda and BMcD had their favourites, but Stam takes it to a while new level. Seems the Dutch Mafia have really taken over now.
I have a big problem with Stam calling his 4-6-0 system 4-3-3. This is blatant misrepresentation. In the modern game 4-3-3 means playing with 3 strikers. 4-5-1 means 2 wingers and a striker. He plays with 3 central midfielders and 3 wingers, so it's 4-6-0 no matter how he tries to dress it up.
Sir Steve and BMcD played 4-4-2 - that is 2 central midfielders, 2 wingers and 2 strikers.
As for the match? Well Middlesbrough are without a win in 6, (L3, D3), - so that obviously means they will break their run at our expense!

I don't think 4-6-0 is any better a representation than 4-3-3. I like to refer to Stam's formations as 4-3-3-0, or 5-2-3-0, or whatever. I feel this accurately explains how they play, whilst making the point that he has forgotten the most important aspect of the game. There was one obvious exception of course - Aston Villa was genuinely 3 up front, and I can only conclude that our nippy trio of wingers performed so well because of the cart-horse central defence.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Oct 2017 21:57

Given their current form, tomorrow's opponents might be one of the few teams in this division who could find a way to lose to Stam's strikerless team. On the other hand, given how few chances we create and his insistence on playing a front 3 that has one? goal between them, 'brough have a real chance to turn their season around.

It simply beggars belief that Stam's apologists seek to deflect the blame for a goal drought all of his own making. We spent £11m? in the summer and off loaded at least 2 strikers for shirt buttons in comparison.

His remaining 2 first choice frontmen were both injured in training the latter of which he was reluctant to player even when fit.

To cap it all off, this week he's decided to tell us his third choice isn't ready for first team football yet places him on the bench most weeks :|

Frankly, I feel sorry for the players and refuse to vent my frustration on them. I won't be there and that won't change until someone puts us out of this misery, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 28 Oct 2017 11:41

Win or bust for Stam

A draw and Tuesday's a must win

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 28 Oct 2017 13:25

IVe got a bad feeling about today.

Not just the result but the general feel of the team and fans will turn sour

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2017 13:30

Smith starts :|

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Oct 2017 13:33

Thoughts are with Ian Royal at this difficult time :lol:

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 28 Oct 2017 13:38

Woodcote Royal To cap it all off, this week he's decided to tell us his third choice isn't ready for first team football yet places him on the bench most weeks :|

And Sam Smith starts today! Hope he enjoys his gametime and doesn't let himself down.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2017 13:42

Confused who will play LB
Presuming 4 at the back...

Bacuna injured I imagine again. Nice to see Yann back of course

149 posts