Reading FC Womens World

1862 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Reading FC Womens World

by Sutekh » 27 May 2023 20:48

Ascotexgunner Chambers is exactly why you shouldnt employ club legends forever. When it starts going wrong the loyalty card should become irrelevant....unfortunately we don't work like that. It's exactly why we shouldn't even be giving Parkinson and Murty a look in.

Probably no one cares about the women's side in the grand scheme of things so the less money wasted on sacking, pay offs and the recruitment of a new bird boss the better

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2023 20:51

Sutekh
Ascotexgunner Chambers is exactly why you shouldnt employ club legends forever. When it starts going wrong the loyalty card should become irrelevant....unfortunately we don't work like that. It's exactly why we shouldn't even be giving Parkinson and Murty a look in.

Probably no one cares about the women's side in the grand scheme of things so the less money wasted on sacking, pay offs and the recruitment of a new bird boss the better
unless of course….you are one of the Premiership (money propped) teams.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 May 2023 20:51

Mid Sussex Royal
RoyalBlue

I don’t disagree. Great legend/servant that she is, it became clear that she and her coaching team had lost the magic touch that had somehow kept us up against the odds and logic in previous seasons. The spirit and fight in the squad that had served us so well in the past seemed to completely disappear, as did the belief amongst players and fans that the team were always more than capable of pulling off shock results against the big girls in the league.

Agree - leaves top scorer on bench in a must win game and picks a player with no minutes in her since Sept, and breaks down.

Team was easily good enough to stay up, coaching and tactics have been abysmal this season

Leicester and Brighton were worse and we should have easily competed with Everton.
She set up not to lose every week...like PInce.
Interesting that when we have showed aggression and pressed high we have looked like we could upset City and Chelsea...but we did it so rarely and hardly ever against teams we could beat. And as you rightly say, team selections have been poor.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 28 May 2023 14:06

Still nothing about the Women's relegation on the Club's Website. I wonder if it will appear early Tuesday morning, followed a few hours later by the announcement of the new Men's manager. A classic example of burying bad news?

EDIT> I have now found the report etc. on the website, so I am wrong in my ponderings!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 28 May 2023 15:10

The Royal Forester Still nothing about the Women's relegation on the Club's Website. I wonder if it will appear early Tuesday morning, followed a few hours later by the announcement of the new Men's manager. A classic example of burying bad news?

EDIT> I have now found the report etc. on the website, so I am wrong in my ponderings!

Typically for the media department it is hidden !!

The Cube

by The Cube » 29 May 2023 12:54

Before the game.

Chelsea fan (to steward) : Where's Mad-jesky stand?
Steward: Mad-jesky's the name of the stadium.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 29 May 2023 14:04

The Cube Before the game.

Chelsea fan (to steward) : Where's Mad-jesky stand?
Steward: Mad-jesky's the name of the stadium.

I bet Select Car Leasing must feel overjoyed at the reach their sponsorship deal is getting if it isn't even making it to the club's employees!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 29 May 2023 18:38

The exodus has started-Emma Mukandi leaves the Royals.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 29 May 2023 19:13

Royals and Racers The exodus has started-Emma Mukandi leaves the Royals.

Would have happened if we stayed up - didn't she fall out with Chambers?

Fezza

by Fezza » 29 May 2023 21:12

Mid Sussex Royal

I'm pretty sure it was the club she fell out with in the main, as they weren't too supportive of her maturnity leave. That said I guess that too all intents and purposes Kelly was the club!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 29 May 2023 22:52

Mayi Kith is almost certainly leaving as well from an insta gram post.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 30 May 2023 10:14

Fezza
Mid Sussex Royal

I'm pretty sure it was the club she fell out with in the main, as they weren't too supportive of her maturnity leave. That said I guess that too all intents and purposes Kelly was the club!

Not what she said to Alex Scott on the BBC documentary about womens football last year.

Fezza

by Fezza » 30 May 2023 11:21

Orion1871
Fezza
Mid Sussex Royal

Not what she said to Alex Scott on the BBC documentary about womens football last year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64 ... %20that%3F

Not exactly complimentary about the club, although better than the headline makes out.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 01 Jun 2023 21:19

Faye Bryson next to announce leaving.

On Strings

by On Strings » 06 Jun 2023 11:39

Womens team downgraded to part-time.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 Jun 2023 11:48

As harsh as it sounds we should have binned them off altogether given our current plight.

On Strings

by On Strings » 06 Jun 2023 11:53

NathStPaul As harsh as it sounds we should have binned them off altogether given our current plight.

Agreed. I think I last read they cost the club £100,000 per year and that's growing. As harsh as it may feel, they're an unnessasary expense atm.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 06 Jun 2023 12:05

It's been stated again and again and again - the club doesn't have a financial problem, it has a regulatory problem. The owners have plenty of money, we're just not allowed to spend it. One of the exceptions of that is the Women's team, where the rules let us spend whatever we want. I think it's a real shame that the owners have decided to cut back the relatively small amounts it's spending on them - it's a regressive stance in an era of growing interest in the women's team. And it has zero . . . zero impact on the men's team.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 Jun 2023 12:12

The club are a business. The demand just isn't there to see Championship women's football I'm afraid. Shut it down for the time being until we become an established Championship club again.

On Strings

by On Strings » 06 Jun 2023 12:24

Elm Park Kid It's been stated again and again and again - the club doesn't have a financial problem, it has a regulatory problem. The owners have plenty of money, we're just not allowed to spend it. One of the exceptions of that is the Women's team, where the rules let us spend whatever we want. I think it's a real shame that the owners have decided to cut back the relatively small amounts it's spending on them - it's a regressive stance in an era of growing interest in the women's team. And it has zero . . . zero impact on the men's team.

Did the other two clubs that Dai owned until they went bust also not have a financial problem?

If we don't have a financial problem (an owner problem), why is the maintenance budget still cut as low as it can be? PPE work that needs to be done is still being ignored which ultimately costs us more to resolve later. I'm sure there are other areas of the business suffering investment as well.

1862 posts