Reading FC Womens World

1862 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Reading FC Womens World

by RoyalBlue » 08 Jan 2023 17:04

From Despair To Where? No. Its a different team. Academy running costs aren't included either (outside player wages).

But the WSL operate a wage cap and other elements of FFP linked to the income of the team. However, it seems you are allowed to have very generous sponsors, so long as the deal is watertight, so maybe Mr Dai has a company that could help out. Also, things like education costs don't count against caps, so maybe we could offer paid for degrees to help attract upcoming prospects.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 08 Jan 2023 19:37

Next Sunday(15th) 2 Royals Women`s teams are in action. After a bit of a break the 1st team are away at Everton in a WSL fixture. The match is at Walton Hall Park KO 1pm and is live on the FA player.
The Academy team is also in action in the B & B Women`s Senior cup semi-final away at Milton Keynes Dons. KO is 1.30pm with the venue for the match to be confirmed. Every chance no information about the match will be forthcoming from Reading`s end so hopefully we will find out from Milton Keynes.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Jan 2023 19:47

Ah, the glorious Walton Hall Park Stadium. Be careful any wayward shots don't end up in the duck pond.

To be fair, the one stand is quite tidy even if the capacity is only about 300.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jan 2023 20:02

RoyalBlue
From Despair To Where? No. Its a different team. Academy running costs aren't included either (outside player wages).

But the WSL operate a wage cap and other elements of FFP linked to the income of the team. However, it seems you are allowed to have very generous sponsors, so long as the deal is watertight, so maybe Mr Dai has a company that could help out. Also, things like education costs don't count against caps, so maybe we could offer paid for degrees to help attract upcoming prospects.

Given some very big clubs have been punished for trying to use their women’s team to get round FFP restrictions I doubt it’s someth8ng that woukd be sensible for us to do !

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Jan 2023 20:30

But if the money is ringfenced for the women's team, it won't impact FFP.

If one of Dai's companies decided to sponsor the women's team to the tune of £5m a year,it would increase their budget fivefold.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 08 Jan 2023 21:02

From Despair To Where? But if the money is ringfenced for the women's team, it won't impact FFP.

If one of Dai's companies decided to sponsor the women's team to the tune of £5m a year,it would increase their budget fivefold.

Might be his cheapest and easiest way of getting some top level success!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 08 Jan 2023 21:04

Nameless
RoyalBlue

Given some very big clubs have been punished for trying to use their women’s team to get round FFP restrictions I doubt it’s someth8ng that woukd be sensible for us to do !

I assume they were dishonestly trying to allocate some of their costs to their women's set up. I'm not suggesting that approach at all. The things I mention are completely above board and, I believe, permitted under WSL regulations.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Jan 2023 21:25

Women's FA Cup 4th Round

Sunday 29 Jan

Leicester City Women
13:00
Reading Women

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64204900

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 09 Jan 2023 16:01

Royals and Racers Next Sunday(15th) 2 Royals Women`s teams are in action. After a bit of a break the 1st team are away at Everton in a WSL fixture. The match is at Walton Hall Park KO 1pm and is live on the FA player.
The Academy team is also in action in the B & B Women`s Senior cup semi-final away at Milton Keynes Dons. KO is 1.30pm with the venue for the match to be confirmed. Every chance no information about the match will be forthcoming from Reading`s end so hopefully we will find out from Milton Keynes.

Berks & Bucks game is at Fairfield sports hub Apollo Ave MK 11 4BA general admission £3 concessions £1
Last edited by Royals and Racers on 11 Jan 2023 06:15, edited 1 time in total.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 09 Jan 2023 18:01

Reading have announced 3000 tickets sold for the home game against Man Utd on the 22nd

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 10 Jan 2023 14:07

Royals and Racers Reading have announced 3000 tickets sold for the home game against Man Utd on the 22nd

Good turn out from the 'home support' of Utd living in the locality. :wink: :cry:

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 10 Jan 2023 16:21

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 12 Jan 2023 19:04

Royals and Racers Royals getting a bit of stick !!! https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... rt-mother/

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... ore-target

Kelly responds. Something doesn’t add up!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 12 Jan 2023 19:30

Kitsondinho
Royals and Racers Royals getting a bit of stick !!! https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... rt-mother/

If you watch Mukandi's interview with Alex Scott on 'The Future of Women's Football' which she gave last July and which is available on iPlayer it would seem that it is her account that doesn't add up! In July last year she was very positive about the way Reading had treated her and, amongst other things, states 'I cannot really fault Reading'!

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 12 Jan 2023 21:34

RoyalBlue
Kitsondinho

If you watch Mukandi's interview with Alex Scott on 'The Future of Women's Football' which she gave last July and which is available on iPlayer it would seem that it is her account that doesn't add up! In July last year she was very positive about the way Reading had treated her and, amongst other things, states 'I cannot really fault Reading'!

I’m also concerned about how she has suggested that many of our players can’t take criticism and because of that aren’t playing to their ‘best level’…hmmm

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 13 Jan 2023 10:41

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Jan 2023 13:43

I remember when our youngest was born, I wasn't allowed to bring her past reception at work because she wouldnt be insured. I think that is a fairly standard clause for non childcare work settings. She's maybe being harsh on the club in that respect.

She does have a point about childcare at work though and I would imagine that is something the club will consider in the future, be that on site or access to off site provision. A link up with a local nursery would seem most appropriate as I can't see there being demand for permenant on site facilties.

Most of the rest seems to be misreporting or misleading headlines.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 13 Jan 2023 19:35

From Despair To Where? I remember when our youngest was born, I wasn't allowed to bring her past reception at work because she wouldnt be insured. I think that is a fairly standard clause for non childcare work settings. She's maybe being harsh on the club in that respect.

She does have a point about childcare at work though and I would imagine that is something the club will consider in the future, be that on site or access to off site provision. A link up with a local nursery would seem most appropriate as I can't see there being demand for permenant on site facilties.

Most of the rest seems to be misreporting or misleading headlines.

It's starting to look that way. Typical mainstream media, Unfortunately, as a consequence, the club have been left with a wrongly tarnished reputation. It's a shame that our local journos haven't highlighted the contradictions with the interview that she gave the BBC and Alex Scott.

Should also be remembered that Kelly Chambers is also an ex-player who had a baby whilst she was manager of the women's team. I therefore think it highly unlikely that she would be uncaring and unsympathetic towards one of her players in a similar situation.

Helen Ward also had a baby whilst she was with our women's team and I don't recall her being critical of club and/or manager Kelly.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 13 Jan 2023 20:27

I’m off up to Everton on Sunday, be interesting to see the team Kelly picks, who is captain and how we play.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 14 Jan 2023 11:07

morganb Women's FA Cup 4th Round

Sunday 29 Jan

Leicester City Women
13:00
Reading Women

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64204900

Now confirmed as 4pm KO and venue is Pirelli Stadium Burton

1862 posts