Reading FC Womens World

1862 posts
morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC Womens World

by morganb » 26 Mar 2023 20:52

Brogue
RoyalBlue
Kitsondinho Leicester are just as bad at the back. The cup game in Jan could have ended 5-5 AET. Both teams were giving away chances for fun!

I think today was about the worst I've seen them defend and unusually and worryingly Grace Moloney appeared to be all over the shop. Her decision making was really poor, helped cost us one goal and nearly a couple more. I don't know what she was thinking when she made that good save down low but then as a striker and defender both slid in to try and get the ball, allowed it to travel through her legs and then failed to dive to grab it with her hands, instead waiting until she could kick it, which she just managed to do in time. Even had our defender touched the ball, there is no way that it could have been construed as a back pass with both defender and striker sliding in together trying to get something onto the ball.

When she went down injured towards the end of the game she looked really pale so I wonder whether she was unwell today but still wanted to play.

You go to the games don’t you RB. My first game today can I ask is the woman with the drum always there at the top of the east. If so I’m never going again

The one game I've been to this season (v Man Utd) there was a couple of women with a drum low down in the Dolan however the East Stand was pretty full that day so perhaps they relocated.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 27 Mar 2023 00:00

Fezza Thought Grace was as ok, defensive shape was poor in the first half - we kept leaving 2 on 1 on the back post (leading to both goals).

Evans, who whenever I’ve seen her before has been superb, looked utterly lost today. Harries was a real threat for the first 15 minutes she was on but the looked blown and was dropped back into midfield (a waste).

Troelsgaard did well to avoid a booking for the near constant abuse she directed at the (poor) assistant ref.

As with most games I’ve seen from us this season we only seem to turn up after we’ve gifted the opposition some goals. We really seem to lack pace and definitely miss Fara in the centre of the park. Why do we set up with 3 up top?

Everton (A) we should have taken at least a point, see above.
Liverpool (H) we should have won, see above
Chelsea (A) Going 3-0 down away from home to a quality team is ridiculous, especially to then pull it back to 3-2 and deserve a point, see above
Leicester (H) yes, we won, but bloody hell we left it late!
Brighton (H) see above!!
Villa (A) Although we went 1-0 up, we then offered Rachel Daly the freedom of Aston in our box and Burns get sent off for a ludicrous charge out of her 18 yard area straight into the Villa striker!!

I’ve been to see us multiple times this season, home and away. Frankly, if we could defend, we’d be fighting for 3rd!!

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 27 Mar 2023 00:45

Royals and Racers Royals last 6 fixtures- points 11 -18
Leicester A
Everton H
Man City A
Aston Villa H
Tottenham A
Chelsea H

Leicester- points 7 - 31
Reading H
Chelsea A
Liverpool H
Arsenal A
West Ham H
Brighton A

Chelsea final home game if the title race goes down to the last day of the season. Could be a record crowd. Especially as more People in Reading support Chelsea than Reading.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 27 Mar 2023 13:13

Jackson Corner
Royals and Racers Royals last 6 fixtures- points 11 -18
Leicester A
Everton H
Man City A
Aston Villa H
Tottenham A
Chelsea H

Leicester- points 7 - 31
Reading H
Chelsea A
Liverpool H
Arsenal A
West Ham H
Brighton A

Chelsea final home game if the title race goes down to the last day of the season. Could be a record crowd. Especially as more People in Reading support Chelsea than Reading.

Indeed. Be great to get 6-7000 in…almost as many as the men’s team these days etc etc…

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 27 Mar 2023 16:18

Royals and Racers
Kitsondinho
Royals and Racers It`s at the King Power Stadium

It’ll get moved to Burton, just like the FA Cup game. The FA Cup tie was originally scheduled for KP, until tickets went on sale in early Jan. As with many other WSL teams, Leicester tend to use their ‘satellite’ stadium for games where they’d expect 1,000 or fewer.
Conversely, Villa moved our away game from Walsall’s ground, to Villa Park as tickets sold much better than expected.

50p it`s at the King Power :)

Reading next in action on Sunday April 2nd in a must not lose game away against Leicester AT THE KING POWER STADIUM KO 3pm. Match is live on the FA player.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 27 Mar 2023 18:35

Royals and Racers
Royals and Racers
Kitsondinho It’ll get moved to Burton, just like the FA Cup game. The FA Cup tie was originally scheduled for KP, until tickets went on sale in early Jan. As with many other WSL teams, Leicester tend to use their ‘satellite’ stadium for games where they’d expect 1,000 or fewer.
Conversely, Villa moved our away game from Walsall’s ground, to Villa Park as tickets sold much better than expected.

50p it`s at the King Power :)

Reading next in action on Sunday April 2nd in a must not lose game away against Leicester AT THE KING POWER STADIUM KO 3pm. Match is live on the FA player.

50p is in the post…expect it around 2025!!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 30 Mar 2023 08:55

Great result for Arsenal and the WSL last evening in them reaching the semi’s of the Champions league(21000 at the Emirates) Just need Chelsea to join them tonight.(playing at Stamford bridge)

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 30 Mar 2023 13:13

Royals and Racers Great result for Arsenal and the WSL last evening in them reaching the semi’s of the Champions league(21000 at the Emirates) Just need Chelsea to join them tonight.(playing at Stamford bridge)

Great strike for one of the goals too.

The Cube

by The Cube » 01 Apr 2023 13:21

Jackie Burns is out of the Northern Ireland squad due to injury. Is that news?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 01 Apr 2023 13:21

Table going in to tomorrow`s match
9th Tottenham P 16 points 12 -15
10th Reading P 16 points 11 -18
11th Brighton P 15 points 9 - 32
12th Leicester P 16 points 7 -31

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 01 Apr 2023 19:12

Royals and Racers Table going in to tomorrow`s match

Think a win pretty much keeps us up…not that I’m expecting anything other than a hugely tense draw!!

Man Utd did us a favour earlier!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Apr 2023 19:17

Kitsondinho

Think a win pretty much keeps us up…not that I’m expecting anything other than a hugely tense draw!!

….and how quickly their superior financial backing has risen them from their virtual nowhere of a few seasons back.

Hang-in there Reading Ladies…flying the flag for non Premier clubs

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 01 Apr 2023 19:21

AthleticoSpizz
Kitsondinho

….and how quickly their superior financial backing has risen them from their virtual nowhere of a few seasons back.

Still find it mad that Dai spent all that money on the men’s team, with all the risks involved. Could easily have made the women’s team a massive force in the WSL for a fraction of the cost!!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 02 Apr 2023 14:02

Oh dear no Mayikith
Moloney
Bryson
Mukandi
Wellings
Eikeland
Harries
Hendrix
Moore
Rowe
Woodham
Troelsgaard
SUBS
Poulter
Evans
Wade
Caldwell
Vanhaevermaet
Perry
Elwood

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Apr 2023 14:15

Kitsondinho
AthleticoSpizz
Kitsondinho Think a win pretty much keeps us up…not that I’m expecting anything other than a hugely tense draw!!

Still find it mad that Dai spent all that money on the men’s team, with all the risks involved. Could easily have made the women’s team a massive force in the WSL for a fraction of the cost!!

I've often wondered what it costs Arsenal and Chelsea. I too would have liked a bit more investment. Let's face it, it would have been the closest we would have got to CL football.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Apr 2023 14:56

Kitsondinho
AthleticoSpizz
Kitsondinho Think a win pretty much keeps us up…not that I’m expecting anything other than a hugely tense draw!!

Presumably there will be some form of FFP in the WSL too, in order to protect the interests of the big clubs and stop tinpot clubs like Reading gatecrashing the party!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 02 Apr 2023 15:22

Leicester 1 Reading 0 20 mins

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 02 Apr 2023 15:23

Awful defending. Again.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 02 Apr 2023 15:47

1-1 Wellings

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 02 Apr 2023 16:54

Really poor performance from the Royals !!
Leicester 2-1

1862 posts