Reading FC Womens World

1862 posts
andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC Womens World

by andrew1957 » 27 Sep 2021 11:04

RoyalBlue Shocking performance at Spurs today. Lost 1-0 but could've been a lot more. The team seems to have been going backwards over the past 2-3 seasons. So ineffective going forwards, which leaves the defence under continuous pressure defending '0'.

Three straight losses this season and not a single goal scored!

Think we should reserve judgement. Looks like we have been a tad unlucky to have played three in form teams in a row. Lets see how they do in the next 5 or so games - which will be mainly against teams lower down the table.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Sep 2021 12:59

andrew1957
RoyalBlue Shocking performance at Spurs today. Lost 1-0 but could've been a lot more. The team seems to have been going backwards over the past 2-3 seasons. So ineffective going forwards, which leaves the defence under continuous pressure defending '0'.

Three straight losses this season and not a single goal scored!

Think we should reserve judgement. Looks like we have been a tad unlucky to have played three in form teams in a row. Lets see how they do in the next 5 or so games - which will be mainly against teams lower down the table.

Not sure about that. Last season was pretty poor with only a few highlights and plenty of lows. Yes, we've played three form teams but, unlike the past when we've raised our game and played really well against the stronger teams, we have played pretty poorly against them this season. I could see few positive signs about the team yesterday and some of the football played by them was pretty dire. Players, particularly the strikers, just aren't performing at the level required. e.g. Amalie Eikeland, Norwegian International forward - always gives her all to the team but has only scored 4 goals in 36 appearances.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 02 Oct 2021 08:12

2 massive home matches over the next 2 Sunday`s for the Royals- starting tomorrow(3rd) with the WSL match against Everton at the Select Car Leasing stadium KO 2pm- match is live on FA player.
The Royals need points on the board urgently !!!- Villa are the opponents on the 10th- I think Birmingham are a poorer side than us but we need points and goals !!!!!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 03 Oct 2021 14:08

0-1 2 mins pathetic defending !!!

Yellowcoat2

by Yellowcoat2 » 03 Oct 2021 14:38

Two off injured now as well! Need to buck up tactics & coaching as crosses are coming in but never anybody at the back post.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 03 Oct 2021 14:40

0-2 37 mins

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 03 Oct 2021 14:42

How exactly is Kelly Chambers still in this job?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Oct 2021 14:50

Chambers really needs to go, but I`m not sure who does the hiring and sacking at the women`s level.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 03 Oct 2021 14:56

0-3 45+9

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 03 Oct 2021 14:58

Royals and Racers 0-3 45+9

45+9! were they serious injuries?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 03 Oct 2021 15:09

The Royal Forester

Yep- had to make 2 subs.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 03 Oct 2021 19:03

Royals and Racers
The Royal Forester

Yep- had to make 2 subs.

Head injury for Natasha Harding and I fear ACL or similar for Deanna Cooper.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 03 Oct 2021 20:54

RoyalBlue
Royals and Racers
The Royal Forester 45+9! were they serious injuries?

Yep- had to make 2 subs.

Head injury for Natasha Harding and I fear ACL or similar for Deanna Cooper.

Thanks. The treatment room will have to have an extension built at this rate.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 03 Oct 2021 21:59

tidus_mi2 How exactly is Kelly Chambers still in this job?

Deffo starting to look like she has reached the end of the line. Done a fantastic job in the last 7ish years, but might be time for a different approach.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 04 Oct 2021 09:29

Tough start against prem league teams with obviously bigger budgets, think next three games are key given who they are against...if we are still bottom then I think a change will be needed.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 04 Oct 2021 10:51

Mid Sussex Royal Tough start against prem league teams with obviously bigger budgets, think next three games are key given who they are against...if we are still bottom then I think a change will be needed.

Man Utd, Arsenal and possibly Spurs. However, both Spurs and Everton have been teams we have more than held our own against in the past. Everton I would regard as a lower half of table outfit that we should expect to do better against.

Also, if you work on the assumption that PL teams will 'obviously' have bigger budgets then we really are up against it with only one other non PL team in the WSL.

It seems to me, based on players we have signed over the past few years, that the management team have been given pretty decent budgets but that their transfer dealings, particularly transfers out IMO, have been very poor.

Just a couple of examples: Why were Molly Bartrip and Danielle Carter released at the end of last season? Why sign Jeon and barely give her a look in, despite our inability to convert numerous chances last season? Likewise Flores? Add to that all the Scandinavian players ins and outs.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 04 Oct 2021 11:54

RoyalBlue
Mid Sussex Royal Tough start against prem league teams with obviously bigger budgets, think next three games are key given who they are against...if we are still bottom then I think a change will be needed.

Man Utd, Arsenal and possibly Spurs. However, both Spurs and Everton have been teams we have more than held our own against in the past. Everton I would regard as a lower half of table outfit that we should expect to do better against.

Also, if you work on the assumption that PL teams will 'obviously' have bigger budgets then we really are up against it with only one other non PL team in the WSL.

It seems to me, based on players we have signed over the past few years, that the management team have been given pretty decent budgets but that their transfer dealings, particularly transfers out IMO, have been very poor.

Just a couple of examples: Why were Molly Bartrip and Danielle Carter released at the end of last season? Why sign Jeon and barely give her a look in, despite our inability to convert numerous chances last season? Likewise Flores? Add to that all the Scandinavian players ins and outs.

Carter did nothing for us yet has scored twice for Brighton this season.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 04 Oct 2021 12:18

Royals and Racers
RoyalBlue

Carter did nothing for us yet has scored twice for Brighton this season.

And Natasha Dowie will do little for us either if the team don't get the ball to her in decent positions.

Earleyriser

by Earleyriser » 04 Oct 2021 17:21

Some very shrewd comments. However might there not be rather more basic problems?
Last season at least the women often had more skill than their opponents but gradually it seems they became less and less imbued with the necessary urgency and passion. I began to wonder for example how much they had taken on board that conceding a corner kick, particularly in the women's game, is hugely unfortunate; that a very hesitant and/or change of mind with a throw-in invariably benefits the opposition. i.e. why not go with the immediate gut feeling? ; that passing back to the goalkeeper (which has sometimes reached unbelievable frequency) is usually tantamount to losing possession.

So I believe that there is now a coaching void. I will continue to watch with enthusiasm and hope.

james15

by james15 » 08 Oct 2021 13:44

Faye Bryson is playing well in defence for us so far this season. We just keep shipping goals & it is a real issue. I hope we can turn things around against Aston Villa on Sunday.

1862 posts