MATCHWATCH : Burton Albion (h) sponsored by still waiting for a Saturday home win

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

MATCHWATCH : Burton Albion (h) sponsored by still waiting for a Saturday home win

by Sutekh » 19 Dec 2017 14:09

b]When[/b] : Saturday 23 December, 3pm
Where : Madejski Stadium, Reading, RG2 0FL
Capacity : 24,161

Burton will arrive with just 3 league wins this season but 2 of them have come away from home which would suggest they’re a rather better team on their travels than at their place. In fact Burton have only lost 2 of their last 6 away games which isn’t bad for a team that was seemingly doomed to relegation by nearly everyone before the season even kicked off.

So, there isn’t any such thing as an easy game and Reading will need to ensure they are organised and properly up for this one. If the team are not up for this and the result is embarrassing then there is likely to be a massive knee jerk reaction demanding Jaap’s head from a lot of the support.

And talking of support, one would hope for a fairly decent turn out given £5 per ticket for the Mad Stad’s 500th game but then this is Reading, a real hotbed of football - especially on the last Saturday before Xmas. :roll:

No changes injury wise for Reading but whether there is more fiddling about or a return to the unchanged team that played against Cardiff remains to be seen.

Referee

John Brooks is currently in the frame for this one. Looking at his previous experience it would appear this game would be his debut at Championship/Division 2 level having only migrated to the FL list at the beginning of last season.

Historically

Just the 3 games in all competitions so far (2 league 1 League Cup) Reading have won them all by 12 goals to 3 on aggregate so the average result is a 4-1 win to Reading.
Just the 1 previous league game at home, which finished 3-0 last year so you can say Burton are the one current league team Reading have 100% record against.

How to follow the game

1. Get a ticket and travel to the Mad Stad
  2. Listen to Radio 5 Live and/or a myriad of other radio stations for score flashes
  3. Ring/text a mate for updates
  4. Use an iFollow subscription
  5. BBC Radio Berkshire (FM : 104.4, 104.1 or 95.4 depending where you are in the area)
Last edited by Sutekh on 20 Dec 2017 08:27, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Burton Albion (h) sponsored by still waiting for a Saturday home win

by genome » 19 Dec 2017 14:24

Sutekh And talking of support, one would hope for a fairly decent turn out given £5 per ticket for the Mad Stad’s 500th game but then this is Reading, a real hotbed of football - especially on the last Saturday before Xmas. :roll:

I'm taking 4 family members who are over for Christmas with me on Saturday, so I'm having to move my season ticket for the game. There were very few seats available in the North, East or West. They've opened up the South Stand to Reading supporters and there's about half gone in that stand too.

I think we'll crack 20,000.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Burton Albion (h) sponsored by still waiting for a Saturday home win

by West Stand Man » 19 Dec 2017 14:48

genome
Sutekh And talking of support, one would hope for a fairly decent turn out given £5 per ticket for the Mad Stad’s 500th game but then this is Reading, a real hotbed of football - especially on the last Saturday before Xmas. :roll:

I'm taking 4 family members who are over for Christmas with me on Saturday, so I'm having to move my season ticket for the game. There were very few seats available in the North, East or West. They've opened up the South Stand to Reading supporters and there's about half gone in that stand too.

I think we'll crack 20,000.

We will if all (or most) of the ST holders turn up. It would be slightly ironic if the crowd was made up largely of the 'less loyal' ticket buyers while there are large gaps where the 'loyal' ST holders stay at home (or go Christmas shopping). I will watch with interest from my seat. Like you, I have family coming. My son is over from Portugal with his Brazilian girlfriend and they are really keen to go. (Actually, it was a close run thing, we nearly opted for the shorter trip to Nailsworth to see FGR play Carlisle but the reduced price tickets swung it in favour of sticking to our roots).

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Dec 2017 14:53

will be there, and know of a few other people who are going because of the 5 pound prices

Would hope we have enough to beat them, but I expect they will sit deep which we always struggle with. Obvs need an early goal or else can see a frustrating afternoon

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Dec 2017 16:11

We don't need to take this as a home banker for sure, Burton have conceded the grand total of 4 goals in their last 8 away games, and 2 of them were in one game at Forest,
Looks like they park the bus and try to hit teams on the break which they did at Millwall and Bolton, they have goalless draws at Norwich, Bristol city and QPR.
Also like to correct the OP , they`ve only lost 2 of their last 8 away games, not 6.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Dec 2017 16:17

its going to be a terrible game isn't it? scare away all those people turning up for the £5 tickets from ever coming again :(

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 19 Dec 2017 16:56

Sutekh How to follow the game
It’s on SKY

Two home games in a row - Leeds who?

PS Sorry Sutekh, please don't think I'm picking on you :oops:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Dec 2017 18:09

Sutekh [*]It’s on SKY
[/list]

Are you sure about that?

Hope this isn’t a cut and paste job from the Cardiff thread? :?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Dec 2017 18:42

Surely this has to be the Saturday home win we've been waiting for?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Dec 2017 23:13

tidus_mi2 Surely this has to be the Saturday home win we've been waiting for?

Doubt it, as I'm planning on going and I seem to be a total Jonah.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Dec 2017 23:22

Let’s hope Akpan starts for them (obvs)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Dec 2017 08:29

If you still hate Futcher
Sutekh How to follow the game
It’s on SKY

Two home games in a row - Leeds who?

PS Sorry Sutekh, please don't think I'm picking on you :oops:

:lol: now corrected

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 20 Dec 2017 09:48

I have a good feeling about this one. I think we'll win 4-0.

I'm going and my 2nd ST my friend is having.

Another friend is coming too and I've bought him a £5 paper ticket. When I called ticket office and looked online also, Y25 had one seat in Row B. Y26 had 7 singles available, and Y24 had no seats free. I realise most are probably STH but I think there will be a good turnout.

Saturday 23rd... most people will have finished for the Christmas break and will be in the mood for a decent afternoon out.

Reading need to turn up for this one, put the Ipswich game behind us and give the fans something to cheer about

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 20 Dec 2017 16:04

I'll be there for my second game this season - and will have the complete Tribe DHH comprising three teenage daughters and the Mrs with me.

Likely to be in hotel bar from 1ish for any who might want to come and say "hello" and have a pint.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Dec 2017 20:06

I'm flying back and going to this one, therefore I am expecting it to be freezing cold, no away fans, poor tempo and we may edge a scrappy win with a deflected goal out of nowhere. :lol:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Dec 2017 22:05

bobby1413 I have a good feeling about this one. I think we'll win 4-0.

I'm going and my 2nd ST my friend is having.

Another friend is coming too and I've bought him a £5 paper ticket. When I called ticket office and looked online also, Y25 had one seat in Row B. Y26 had 7 singles available, and Y24 had no seats free. I realise most are probably STH but I think there will be a good turnout.

Saturday 23rd... most people will have finished for the Christmas break and will be in the mood for a decent afternoon out.

Reading need to turn up for this one, put the Ipswich game behind us and give the fans something to cheer about

4-0 ? dream on mate, they don't ship many goals away from home. 4 in the last 8 games, we are notoriously bad at breaking down teams that sit deep, I don't expect anything different Saturday. hard fought 1-0 .

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Dec 2017 23:28

I think a win is vital tbh, as Bristol City are going to spank us on Boxing Day

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 21 Dec 2017 01:02

thanks

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Dec 2017 10:15

Only 500 tickets left!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 22 Dec 2017 10:22

genome Only 500 tickets left!

Seriously?