Back from the shambles - Brum

179 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Back from the shambles - Brum

by BR0B0T » 03 Jan 2018 00:34

Oilroyal
Uke
Royal With Cheese He left just before the start of the season didn't he? Interesting point.

Yeah, and what’s Reid done since?

Oh...

Said it when he left.... and got shot down

Steven Reid went to Palace and they have been total dogshit with a few recent ok results

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Jan 2018 00:35

To go forward with Stam he will need him to show

Humility
Acceptance of his shortcomings as a manager
Welcome opinion, guidance and direction from other professional coaches (shame Steven Ried just walked out)
Be humble
Accept Reading’s fan base
and accept his own vulnerability as a manager

Stam has none of the above qualities nore can he be none of the above anytime soon.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Jan 2018 00:38

BR0B0T
Oilroyal
Uke
Yeah, and what’s Reid done since?

Oh...

Said it when he left.... and got shot down

Steven Reid went to Palace and they have been total dogshit with a few recent ok results

seemed to be the in-between (stam and players) and made us tick last season. Wonder why he just upped and left?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Jan 2018 00:40

Oilroyal To go forward with Stam he will need him to show

Humility
Acceptance of his shortcomings as a manager
Welcome opinion, guidance and direction from other professional coaches (shame Steven Ried just walked out)
Be humble
Accept Reading’s fan base
and accept his own vulnerability as a manager

Stam has none of the above qualities nore can he be none of the above anytime soon.
just show us a few goals.

His current and favoured strikeforce aren’t

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Jan 2018 01:00

We look every inch a relegation bound side. The players are all over the place positionally. We are so poor at aerial challenges. We regularly concede soft goals. We allow our opponents too much time on the ball. Our centre forward offers no threat at all and we must have the lowest number of goals scored by our strikers in the entire division.

At two down you would have thought we were winning as we continued to play without urgency.
We are in free fall with a manager and players who have no rapport with the supporters. Stam is too arrogant to admit he has it wrong. So whilst he remains in charge we will see more of the same. His substitutions are astonishing. At two down he doesn’t bring on Bodvarsson. Words fail me.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Jan 2018 01:05

But Athleticospizz forget strikers and goals for one moment.

I listened on the radio and all I heard was

Poor first touch
Heavy touch
Silly foul to concede
No one’s moving to receive the ball
Over hit cross
Shot wide
Poor corner

Didn't hear much fight or passion.

With the players we have do you really think they’re this bad? Yes, they’re professionals but they can put in a convincing, ok-ish performance and somehow still lose the game. They know what they're doing and don't blame them. I wouldn’t run my sole out for this bloke either.

I’ll watch the full game on ifollow tomorrow and put myself through the same shit you lot went through tonight. But I’ll watch knowing that I’m watching a decent set of players playing badly for a reason.

PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME ANOTHER EXPLANATION AS WHY THIS BUNCH OF PLAYERS HAVE TURNED TO SHIT!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Jan 2018 01:18

Player ratings

Mannone. 6 One or two decent saves
Gunter. 6. Some decent crosses and one poor one. Good effort on goal
Bacuna. 6. Positive first half. Erratic in the second period
Moore. 5. Got the ball entangled in his feet and too slow to move forward with the ball
McShane. 4. Several blocks but gave away a needless free kick in build up to their first goal and passing was awful
Van Den Berg 4 Passing was dreadful. Has to be dropped
Swift 4 Gave the ball away from which Brum went up the other end and scored, Created very little
Clement. 4. Lightweight and offered very little
Aluko. 5 I thought he tried but nothing is coming off for him
Barrow. 5 Looked lively to start with but offered very little movement
Kermorgant 4 Very poor in the air. Zero attacking threat. Needs to be dropped

Blackett. 5 Did Ok but such poor positioning
Kelly. 6 Injected some much needed urgency
McCleary. 4. Looks slow and ponderous in thought and deed.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Jan 2018 01:19

Player ratings

Mannone. 6 One or two decent saves
Gunter. 6. Some decent crosses and one poor one. Good effort on goal
Bacuna. 6. Positive first half. Erratic in the second period
Moore. 5. Got the ball entangled in his feet and too slow to move forward with the ball
McShane. 4. Several blocks but gave away a needless free kick in build up to their first goal and passing was awful
Van Den Berg 4 Passing was dreadful. Has to be dropped
Swift 4 Gave the ball away from which Brum went up the other end and scored, Created very little
Clement. 4. Lightweight and offered very little
Aluko. 5 I thought he tried but nothing is coming off for him
Barrow. 5 Looked lively to start with but offered very little movement
Kermorgant 4 Very poor in the air. Zero attacking threat. Needs to be dropped

Blackett. 5 Did Ok but such poor positioning
Kelly. 6 Injected some much needed urgency
McCleary. 4. Looks slow and ponderous in thought and deed.

double d

by double d » 03 Jan 2018 05:56

WoodleyRoyal
double d
WoodleyRoyal
Oh fab can't wait m, I'll be sure to keep pressing f5 awaiting your comments tomorrow then....they are usually so insightful :roll:

Honestly gnome [sic] do you think we hang on your every word ffs? Do me a favour you mahoosive punt :|

That was needLess. I think you may be a tad drunk. I am one of many who likes genomes insights.

And here is the village idiot mashing the keyboard with his head wand. You can oxf*rd off and all you social retard

You have had a bit too much orange juice tonight mate. Go back into your mums basement will you little boy.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 03 Jan 2018 06:45

If Stam goes I want a replacement set in stone almost immediately. We can’t afford to take the risk of a clueless caretaker manager taking us down, unfortunately this is the type of campaign where it all ends in relegation unless change is done quickly. I’d say we hire a new manager and get rid of Gourlay and Tevreden over the summer, neither of those seem up to the task, they have to take a lot of the blame for this season themselves too. Tevreden has all the good ideas but his inexperience has cost us big time.

My fear now is that the club are heading for a very vey tough era, we’re under serious threat of the last remaining foundations implemented during the SJM era being all being completely undone by relegation. Whoever is in charge this summer go down or not needs to seriously freshen up the squad, cash in on some of our assets that aren’t performing like Swift, promote several academy players and bring in some players that are genuinely built for whatever league we’re in.

I think something serious has happened behind the scenes, players don’t seem to play for Stam anymore and seem so disjointed. It’s a massive shame as most people really wanted for it to work, I will feel sad the day Stam goes but it’s the decision that must be made ASAP, if he was at any other club that were targeting promotion this season he’d be sacked by now

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 03 Jan 2018 06:54

Did anyone else hear the bit where Dellor said the players had been mocking/joking the style of football we are trying to play in training or did I imagine this?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Jan 2018 07:30

double d Left after 2nd goal. Back home with a beer. That was an utter shambles. Shit. Crap. Spineless. 1 out of 10 if that for players and manager. If Stam is still here by 9 am tomorrow I will be surprised. One poster said it best on the match thread:

"Birmingham haven't won a game away all season, haven't scored more than a single goal in a game since August .... so of course coming to MadStad guarantees them a comfortablee multi-goal win!!"

Oh how we miss Wally Downes. He would sort this shit show defending out thats for sure. Ffs I HATE Colin VVanker but he would whip this sorry lot into shape and be a better choice.

How we miss al-habsi.

Turning point in our season somehow seems to be when Steven Reid left. I don't know what he did behind the scenes or what his relationship was like with the players but they have just seemed to stop playing for Stam since he has gone, and everything has seemed to go to shit.

Not sure what difference Al-Habsi would have made last night or in many other games. Mannone is one of the least of our worries and he is way better with the ball at his feet. Indeed AAH would have been pressured into conceding a good number of goals had he received some of the passes dished up to Mannone.

Fully agree about Reid though. Not sure it's down to the player's stopping playing for Stam, more likely that Reid had a far greater influence on our tactics and style of play than we thought. He might also have been a suitable counter to Stam (good cop, bad cop, although I don't know which way around).

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Jan 2018 07:33

Royal With Cheese Did anyone else hear the bit where Dellor said the players had been mocking/joking the style of football we are trying to play in training or did I imagine this?

I think he said that he got the impression that some of them were portraying body language during the games, that might suggest they didn't take the style seriously.

At one point last night McCleary very clearly indicated his frustration at our failure to get the ball forwards quickly but, to be fair to Stam, he was at the same time urging play forwards from the touchline. Seems some our our players may lack the intellectual ability to distinguish between different scenarios and make the right decisions regarding the style of play required by the circumstances.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 Jan 2018 07:36

left on 83 minutes, my official earliest ever left!

:disco.gif

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 03 Jan 2018 08:07

The style of play can not be the reason we are looking so poor. As a fan base, we accepted that it was a total new system and would take time to bed players in and get them drilled correctly. It sort of worked last season and I genuinely believed that we would kick on.
I think it is not the want of trying but Stam has clearly run out of ideas to take this group on. Even though I believe in the future this style of play will come up trumps and Stam will be a good manager. His managerial experience is really showing atm and we need to win games. The players look like they have given up on the system and games are lost even before the games started, mentally they are done.

At least to stop this rot we need someone fresh to come in on the backroom staff. A new coach to come in with some new ideas to help develop some new tactics and ideas to instill belief with the players.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jan 2018 08:13

Last nights performance from all involved was a complete shambles from all involved. Our club has lost its identity and is hurtling towards relegation at an alarming rate of knots.

The arrogance of Jaap Stam to come out afterwards and brush off the opinions of the supporters shows his level of arrogance, he feels he is untouchable and to be honest he is probably right. Gourlay is lapping him up and the owners are probably so disinterested they being shown footage of the 2005/06 season and told it is the current team, they wouldnt have a clue would they?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 Jan 2018 08:18

Old Man Andrews Our club has lost its identity

what identity did it have that is now lost?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jan 2018 08:25

Winston Biscuit

Young players coming through, a club thats players had a connection with the support base, a team that played football the right way and club that we all could be proud of. Those are the things I think of anyway.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 Jan 2018 08:31

Old Man Andrews
Winston Biscuit

Young players coming through, a club thats players had a connection with the support base, a team that played football the right way and club that we all could be proud of. Those are the things I think of anyway.

those things are just most clubs tbh, imo of course.

happy new year anyway

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jan 2018 08:34

Winston Biscuit
Old Man Andrews
Winston Biscuit

those things are just most clubs tbh, imo of course.

happy new year anyway

And to you sir.

I agree, the whole of football is losing that connection it had with the supporters. Just hoped our club would go against the grain I guess. With attendances down, especially midweek, get the players out there in schools and the community to meet people. We used to do things like that and it works. Wishful thinking on my part.

179 posts