214 posts

In or Out?

In - things can only get better
19%
Out - I’m gonna leave you baby
71%
Don’t know - dunno lol
5%
FiNeRaIn (because he's had enough of all these Ian Royal - consumer rights champion options)
5%

Total votes: 185
ILoveMoonPig

Re: Unfortunately ANOTHER In or Out poll

by ILoveMoonPig » 27 Jan 2018 09:50

I'm still with Stam actually. I'm so bloody bored of bouncing from manager to manager, getting one session of playing well followed by one season of playing awful and then BOOM, he's gone.

I'm going to refuse to accept that a manager's time at a club has to be shorter than the time between serieses of Sherlock.

Stick with him, start getting behind the team and cheer them a bit, even if you do it satirically in your head, at first. Would love us to start getting the players all pumped up, showing some fight and aggression.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Jan 2018 09:54

CavershamRoyal The team don't look like they believe they can win a game. The time has come.

Certainly wasn't the case last night.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 27 Jan 2018 10:07

ILoveMoonPig I'm still with Stam actually. I'm so bloody bored of bouncing from manager to manager, getting one session of playing well followed by one season of playing awful and then BOOM, he's gone.

I'm going to refuse to accept that a manager's time at a club has to be shorter than the time between serieses of Sherlock.

Stick with him, start getting behind the team and cheer them a bit, even if you do it satirically in your head, at first. Would love us to start getting the players all pumped up, showing some fight and aggression.

Totally respect your opinion. Just think that like for most clubs the risk of doing that and getting relegated is just too great. We'd be in financial meltdown if we got relegated.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Jan 2018 10:08

Reading4eva Hello to the four Swindon fans lurking on here and voted Yes

Idiots

Then you should watch league 2 football. To see how bad we'd have to become.
Last edited by Lower West on 27 Jan 2018 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jan 2018 10:10

Royalwaster
ILoveMoonPig I'm still with Stam actually. I'm so bloody bored of bouncing from manager to manager, getting one session of playing well followed by one season of playing awful and then BOOM, he's gone.

Totally respect your opinion. Just think that like for most clubs the risk of doing that and getting relegated is just too great. We'd be in financial meltdown if we got relegated.

Likewise. Loathe to keep chnging managers but sometimes you have to recognise when you have the wrong man in charge

We were pretty trigger happy with McD and even Clarke to an extent but this time we need to make that decision

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 27 Jan 2018 10:26

Should have gone after 8 games this season.

Whoever comes in should the management decide enough is enough will have one hell of a problem as many of Stam's signings are signed on long term contracts (reckless management - the 3 year plan comes back to bite you).

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 27 Jan 2018 10:27

The Real Sandhurst Royal Should have gone after 8 games this season.

Whoever comes in should the management decide enough is enough will have one hell of a problem as many of Stam's signings are signed on long term contracts (reckless management - the 3 year plan comes back to bite you).

A good man manager will relish the challenge

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Jan 2018 10:30

The Real Sandhurst Royal as many of Stam's signings are signed on long term contracts (reckless management - the 3 year plan comes back to bite you).

Are they Stam's? Does the blame lie elsewhere.

Transfer policy has changed in the 2 years Stam's been in charge. Was last years unexpected success part of the problem. We weren't as good as the final leage table determined.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jan 2018 10:31

He deserved a chance. Sacking him after 8 games would have been ridiculously harsh

Any decent manager would get this squad solid Lower mid table at least

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 27 Jan 2018 10:46

The Real Sandhurst Royal wrote:
Should have gone after 8 games this season.

Hound wrote:

He deserved a chance. Sacking him after 8 games would have been ridiculously harsh

Any decent manager would get this squad solid Lower mid table at least

Let's hope we find a decent manager to sort this shambles out dam quick.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 27 Jan 2018 10:58

Royalwaster Totally respect your opinion. Just think that like for most clubs the risk of doing that and getting relegated is just too great. We'd be in financial meltdown if we got relegated.

That's a good point. Going down with our wage bill would be catastrophic. Can't shake the feeling that the next 3 games are fairly definitive of the rest of the season now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jan 2018 11:02

Agree in theory, and relegation wouldn't necessarily be a disaster, but we've just been so bad, and the players seem to have given up hope.

For me, it's a next League loss and he's gone, every win gives him an extra loss before he's out. Three draws in a row isn't enough either.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Jan 2018 11:16

Longhorn1970

A good man manager will relish the challenge

Exactly, this squad isn't that bad, it's just sh*t management. Personally sacking managers until you get the right one is how football works now. Sticking with this charlatan as long as we have has done untold damage to confidence and probably finances.

Royal Rebel

by Royal Rebel » 27 Jan 2018 11:26

Simply has to go before its too damned late.
I think what worries me most is that Stam has not been man enough to either recognise or admit that his "experiment" is just not working. He doesn't appear to have any "plan B" or even attempt to try something different with the team.
Clearly the players have no confidence in either him or his system, therefore its time that the Club "manned up" and fired him.
I can only assume that he has a cast iron contract and will cost an absolute fortune to sack.
That said my company does this kind of this to ineffective bosses all the time and therefore constantly improves its position in business.
Ruthless but perfectly understandable.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jan 2018 11:36

Royal Rebel Simply has to go before its too damned late.
I think what worries me most is that Stam has not been man enough to either recognise or admit that his "experiment" is just not working. He doesn't appear to have any "plan B" or even attempt to try something different with the team.
Clearly the players have no confidence in either him or his system, therefore its time that the Club "manned up" and fired him.
I can only assume that he has a cast iron contract and will cost an absolute fortune to sack.
That said my company does this kind of this to ineffective bosses all the time and therefore constantly improves its position in business.

This just isn't true. It's shit enough without making stuff up.

One of the problems is he keeps changing the team so much. He's recently changed the shape. He's certainly been open that things just aren't good enough.

Esteban

by Esteban » 27 Jan 2018 11:39

I am loathed to say it, but if you gave Neil Warnock this squad, he'd have us in the top half at the very least. I was Stam in until the last few games, but nothing I have seen recently makes me think we'll stay up with him in charge. Time to go.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Jan 2018 11:46

Apparently Steve McLaren was there last night :?

bagman

by bagman » 27 Jan 2018 12:27

Again. He's been at our last 3 away games. But NO NO NO NO !!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Jan 2018 12:35

Royal Rebel Simply has to go before its too damned late.

And that just shows how f*cking dim our CEO is. To pay a manager in his first job such a big contract because of his name clearly proves what a lack of knowledge there is at the top of this club. I want him gone as well.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jan 2018 12:44

He got the contract because f last year, not his name

Obvs it looks a big mistake now, but 6 months ago the majority of us were chuffed we had managed to secure him for 2 years

I think think the club has tried to do right. Tried to get stability and keep hold of the team that did well last year & a few additions

Stam has just been a huge huge letdown this year.

214 posts