214 posts

In or Out?

In - things can only get better
19%
Out - I’m gonna leave you baby
71%
Don’t know - dunno lol
5%
FiNeRaIn (because he's had enough of all these Ian Royal - consumer rights champion options)
5%

Total votes: 185
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Unfortunately ANOTHER In or Out poll

by genome » 27 Jan 2018 12:48

bagman Again. He's been at our last 3 away games.

Really? :shock:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Jan 2018 13:01

genome Apparently Steve McLaren was there last night :?

Another Dutch manager. Welcome to the shambles Shteeve.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Jan 2018 13:07

ILoveMoonPig I'm still with Stam actually. I'm so bloody bored of bouncing from manager to manager, getting one session of playing well followed by one season of playing awful and then BOOM, he's gone.

Did we have a season of actually playing well though?

We got results yes, so credit there for that and getting Kermorgant on a hot streak of scoring, but I wouldn't say it was ever a case of playing well. If we were entertaining and looking more likely to score a goal now and again I don't think Stam would be under this kind of pressure based purely on results.

Regular John

by Regular John » 27 Jan 2018 13:20

For most of the season I've been all for backing Stam in the hope of turning things round.
Since December we've looked shambolic, he has to go.

Berry

by Berry » 27 Jan 2018 14:31

Can't be bothered to vote...Its the new Reading way!! ......This topic has great content but we must move onto the next one and the next one etc etc.
Its pure insanity now at Reading or downright corruption behind Stam still in charge, his post match comments last night were unhinged, Does he have a huge stash of weed that he keeps chugging on?

Reading FC are the laughing stock of the football community, I personally find that us fans are being treated as idiots by Stam and whoever else owns or runs the club

double d

by double d » 27 Jan 2018 14:40

Berry Can't be bothered to vote...Its the new Reading way!! ......This topic has great content but we must move onto the next one and the next one etc etc.
Its pure insanity now at Reading or downright corruption behind Stam still in charge, his post match comments last night were unhinged, Does he have a huge stash of weed that he keeps chugging on?

Reading FC are the laughing stock of the football community, I personally find that us fans are being treated as idiots by Stam and whoever else owns or runs the club

Don't think we really are the laughing stock of the football community.

Berry

by Berry » 27 Jan 2018 14:46

double d
Berry Can't be bothered to vote...Its the new Reading way!! ......This topic has great content but we must move onto the next one and the next one etc etc.

OK maybe a little strong but certainly a joke, The first question I'm usually asked by other fans is "What has happened since the play off final?"..."How come Stam is still in charge?" Etc etc...These questions have been asked since November and as nobody seems to know the answers we have become a joke, I personally think it will get worse

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Jan 2018 15:03

double d

Football as a whole appears to have lost it's connection to the community. From foreign managers, to foreign owners, to overpaid players. The game will all love has lost it's passion to entertain. Now it's all about somebody making money. Not people who have made money locally. Giving something back.

me

by me » 27 Jan 2018 15:06

Jaap Stam had a dream,
To kill our football team,
Had loads of money but he wasted every penny,
Blackett at the back,
No one in attack,
We're Reading FC, Stam's getting the sack.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Jan 2018 16:02

I'm beginning to think that story about the book that he did, and then the conversation Ferguerson had with him that resulted in him being shipped out of United straight after shows that maybe there's an arrogance there. It certainly showed a few months back when he challenged the fans that boo'd him, that they should come and talk to him personally and he would "discuss it".

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Jan 2018 17:27

Ascotexgunner I'm beginning to think that story about the book that he did, and then the conversation Ferguerson had with him that resulted in him being shipped out of United straight after shows that maybe there's an arrogance there.

Two extremely strong characters. Ferguson himself was arrogant. You need something else to be highly successful.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 27 Jan 2018 17:48

In for me.

I know he 100% deserves to go, but I will be sad when it happens and fearful for the future. Somehow, we must hold our nerve, and keep faith that he will get it right. If we get relegated, we get relegated.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 27 Jan 2018 17:56

Jack Celliers In for me.

I know he 100% deserves to go, but I will be sad when it happens and fearful for the future. Somehow, we must hold our nerve, and keep faith that he will get it right. If we get relegated, we get relegated.

Whaaaaaat??
The football is pedestrian, very few attempts on goal, disorganised at the back. It's the worst football i've ever seen.
I've seen non league sides run better than this. The owners should take responsibility and replace the manager immediately.
Worst thing is, i can't imagine Stam's cheap either.
There must be someone out there. Please don't mention Steve McClaren again...
New owners, new manager urgently required.
We can't be some rich guys tax break anymore. Needs to be someone who gives a fcuk to run this club

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 27 Jan 2018 18:00

If somebody was to come clean with the issues, I'd be 100% behind him and the team, after you're back to supporting a team, a club and a strategy.

The English always support the underdog.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 27 Jan 2018 18:02

marcusopp
Jack Celliers In for me.

Whaaaaaat??
The football is pedestrian, very few attempts on goal, disorganised at the back. It's the worst football i've ever seen.
I've seen non league sides run better than this. The owners should take responsibility and replace the manager immediately.
We can't be some rich guys tax break anymore. Needs to be someone who gives a fcuk to run this club

I know it seems awful at the moment, but there is the potential for improvement. About 90% of the blame for the appalling things we have seen rest squarely on Stam's shoulders, but none of us expected Kelly, McShane, McCleary, Kermogant, Van den Berg, Beerens, etc to play so badly. If a few players find some form, we'll be fine and the club will have escaped massive upheaval.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jan 2018 18:03

Stevie G If somebody was to come clean with the issues, I'd be 100% behind him and the team, after you're back to supporting a team, a club and a strategy.

The English always support the underdog.

His detachment from the fans certainly doesn’t help. And agree making a plea in the right way for fan support would help (ie not a dig) his popularity

I’m not convinced there are any ‘issues’ behind the scenes which are any different to most clubs at our level. He has been fairly well supported with players and with contracts being doled out. Supported in the press by Gourlay. He has had it easy compared to many

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jan 2018 18:04

Jack Celliers
marcusopp
Jack Celliers In for me.

Whaaaaaat??

I know it seems awful at the moment, but there is the potential for improvement. About 90% of the blame for the appalling things we have seen rest squarely on Stam's shoulders, but none of us expected Kelly, McShane, McCleary, Kermogant, Van den Berg, Beerens, etc to play so badly. If a few players find some form, wer'll be fine and the club will have escaped massive upheaval.

It will be an even bigger upheaval if we get relegated. And that in truth is what we should be doing anything we can to avoid, inc sacking the manager

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 27 Jan 2018 18:07

Hound
Jack Celliers
marcusopp Whaaaaaat??

I know it seems awful at the moment, but there is the potential for improvement. About 90% of the blame for the appalling things we have seen rest squarely on Stam's shoulders, but none of us expected Kelly, McShane, McCleary, Kermogant, Van den Berg, Beerens, etc to play so badly. If a few players find some form, wer'll be fine and the club will have escaped massive upheaval.

It will be an even bigger upheaval if we get relegated. And that in truth is what we should be doing anything we can to avoid, inc sacking the manager

I don't think we are certain to go down with Stam and I don't think we are certain to stay up with a new manager. I'd say we are probably 2-1 on to go down either way at the moment. So it is better to stick with what we have.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jan 2018 18:19

Well yeah, suppose that’s what it comes down to in the end- would we have more chance of staying up with Stam or someone else? And that’s the decision Gourlay has to make

Personally I think the latter, but can understand where you are coming from

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Jan 2018 18:20

Jack Celliers
marcusopp
Jack Celliers In for me.

Whaaaaaat??

I know it seems awful at the moment, but there is the potential for improvement. About 90% of the blame for the appalling things we have seen rest squarely on Stam's shoulders, but none of us expected Kelly, McShane, McCleary, Kermogant, Van den Berg, Beerens, etc to play so badly. If a few players find some form, we'll be fine and the club will have escaped massive upheaval.

If there is potential for improvement it's not Stam that will find it......that ship has sailed.
A new manager will find that.
We need a Hodgeson type manager who can take over a team dropping like a stone and low on confidence.

214 posts