Ian Royal
6%

Total votes: 147
Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The very latest in STAM OUT threads...with poll

by Denver Royal » 04 Feb 2018 18:52

AthleticoSpizz If it was a three year thing, shouldn't it be a three year thing?

Who knows......next season we do a Wolves 8)

Do a Wolves? Hmm, note sure about that. What, with a foreign manager, who wouldn't feel like 'one of us', and we'd have spent lotsa money, and we still wouldn't really 'have our club back', and it would have 'lost its soul' and its connection with 'the fans'. Which I guess we could just about tolerate...just so long as we are good. Like, every season. Otherwise the 'wolves' would be out in force. :wink: just in case.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Feb 2018 21:28

Leeds have just sacked their manager...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Feb 2018 21:35

genome Leeds have just sacked their manager...

Not surprised

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Feb 2018 21:38

Hound
genome Leeds have just sacked their manager...

Not surprised

They are a bit worried Stam is going to them as he was their chairman's first target in the summer before they got Christiansen.

I imagine Stam dislikes them as much as Leeds dislike him, so it won't happen, but my god I would laugh if it did

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 04 Feb 2018 22:17

Stam currently joint 3rd favourite for the Leeds job at 10/1. Stranger things have happened. Although not many, I'll grant you...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Feb 2018 07:40

Pepe the Horseman
mumbo-jumbo Please, PLEASE can we get rid of the damn stupid Ian Royal options from the polls. Its such a stale joke it's just rancid and irritating. If that means I'm not considered a proper Nobber then so be it . Perhaps we can have a poll to see who wants to dispense with it henceforth? (Massive fan of confimred by the way - that one works!)

"It's" got a name you know.

:lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Feb 2018 09:42

Stam will leave us to go to Leeds, their fans will sign a petition to remove him, Leeds will reverse the decision and Stam will come back here. You heard it here first

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 05 Feb 2018 10:30

Still IN.

Maybe I would be out if there was a decent option, but unless we go for an unknown lower/foreign league manager then there's not much about.

We play better away from home because it feels like the crowd is a bit more supportive. Wouldn't surprise me if we lost every home game for the rest of the season, and won the majority of our away's.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Feb 2018 10:41

LWJ Still IN.

Maybe I would be out if there was a decent option, but unless we go for an unknown lower/foreign league manager then there's not much about.

We play better away from home because it feels like the crowd is a bit more supportive. Wouldn't surprise me if we lost every home game for the rest of the season, and won the majority of our away's.

+1

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Feb 2018 10:41

could be, and quite likely to be complete BS, but this relatively well known site is pushing that he has been given the boot:

https://twitter.com/footyinsider247/sta ... 6817303552

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Feb 2018 10:50

Hound could be, and quite likely to be complete BS, but this relatively well known site is pushing that he has been given the boot:

If all that is true then I hope we don't sack him and get compo for him instead

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Feb 2018 10:54

Would be a real win/win scenario. Leeds would have to pay serious compo to get him based on the length of his current deal and that money could be used to try and coax and already employed manager away if necessary.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Feb 2018 11:07

John Smith
Hound could be, and quite likely to be complete BS, but this relatively well known site is pushing that he has been given the boot:

It`s the hope that kills you. :(

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Feb 2018 11:13

Old Man Andrews Would be a real win/win scenario. Leeds would have to pay serious compo to get him based on the length of his current deal and that money could be used to try and coax and already employed manager away if necessary.

They would just give us the money to pay off Stam's contract. I don't think we would have any spare cash afterwards, maybe except for some extra room in the wage budget.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Feb 2018 11:15

Stam 20/1 today, friendless in the market, not likely is it?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Feb 2018 11:16

@reluctantnicko
I always get suspicious when a manager changes his agent in a hurry

:?:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Feb 2018 11:16

genome
Old Man Andrews Would be a real win/win scenario. Leeds would have to pay serious compo to get him based on the length of his current deal and that money could be used to try and coax and already employed manager away if necessary.

They would just give us the money to pay off Stam's contract. I don't think we would have any spare cash afterwards, maybe except for some extra room in the wage budget.

I'm no employment lawyer so please someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Stam would be entitled to any payout from us if he leaves for new employment. Any compensation money from Leeds would stay with us and not he paid to Stam.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Feb 2018 11:17

Be careful what you wish for you lot. If we end up with Monk as a result, this will be a disaster

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Feb 2018 11:18

windermereROYAL
John Smith

It`s the hope that kills you. :(

seems that site did call the Christiansen sacking, which is interesting. Not sure what contacts it would have with Reading though, seems a very big-club-centric site

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Feb 2018 11:19

Old Man Andrews
genome

I'm no employment lawyer so please someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Stam would be entitled to any payout from us if he leaves for new employment. Any compensation money from Leeds would stay with us and not he paid to Stam.

I'm not one either, but I'm under the impression managers get payouts in football when their contracts are terminated early. You're right that it could be different if he's transferring

I'm sure someone can chime in

148 posts