Boycott

189 posts
Forest Gump

Boycott

by Forest Gump » 04 Feb 2018 06:43

This is probably repeating elements of several other threads but no one appears to have put it strongly enough yet.

80% of us want a change of manager but the owners are not hearing us.
They appear not to follow the results and in any case when Reading lose a game it’s just another poor performance on the day.

However, protests and boycotts do tend to get more coverage as they signal that things are exceptionally bad.

Therefore if you are happy with the management of your club at the moment please ignore this.

If however, like me you are infuriated with the “get someone else” attitude of Stam and his inability to see what he is doing to OUR club - not his - then you must do something direct.

Complain all you like but that won’t on its own change this situation.

So I suggest that you either:
Boycott the Derby game altogether or
If you attend wear something Green
- an anti-Orange protest, if you like, or Green for GO!
And direct the boos directly at the manager ( not the players) as it’s his system that is at fault.

Let’s be honest, it’s a certain home defeat anyway but at least if the fans register a shot at the board of the Club we will have done something constructive.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Boycott

by St Pauli » 04 Feb 2018 07:03

Was about to post a thread on a similar subject.

I'll not be able to boycott the Derby game as I've promised my soon to be father in law I'll take him.

Would be interested in another pants day though or similar. Bit uncomfortable at the sectarian nature of a 'wear green to get out orange' day but if that's direction it takes I could change my mind.

gladbachbob

by gladbachbob » 04 Feb 2018 07:38

we need to do something the board and Stam are living in a fantasy world :evil:

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 04 Feb 2018 07:39

St Pauli Was about to post a thread on a similar subject.

I'll not be able to boycott the Derby game as I've promised my soon to be father in law I'll take him.

Would be interested in another pants day though or similar. Bit uncomfortable at the sectarian nature of a 'wear green to get out orange' day but if that's direction it takes I could change my mind.

Make sure you have a commitment that he will still pay his share of the wedding even though you have wasted several hours of his life.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 04 Feb 2018 08:14

Forest Gump This is probably repeating elements of several other threads but no one appears to have put it strongly enough yet.

They appear not to follow the results and in any case when Reading lose a game it’s just another poor performance on the day.

However, protests and boycotts do tend to get more coverage as they signal that things are exceptionally bad.

Therefore if you are happy with the management of your club at the moment please ignore this.

If however, like me you are infuriated with the “get someone else” attitude of Stam and his inability to see what he is doing to OUR club - not his - then you must do something direct.

And direct the boos directly at the manager ( not the players) as it’s his system that is at fault.

Let’s be honest, it’s a certain home defeat anyway but at least if the fans register a shot at the board of the Club we will have done something constructive.

Pants day the return...

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 04 Feb 2018 08:28

You may not get the opportunity, Tom Barclay of The Sun is reporting that warm down training is cancelled. Stam may be off.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 04 Feb 2018 08:53

Chuckle Brother

Make sure you have a commitment that he will still pay his share of the wedding even though you have wasted several hours of his life.

I think he'd quite enjoy the spectacle of a club in freefall particularly as an impartial observer (he's a villa fan) and also the ritual of the match day (pub, ground, pub) as he doesn't get to go to VP any more living in Cardiff.
Last edited by St Pauli on 04 Feb 2018 08:55, edited 1 time in total.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 04 Feb 2018 08:54

marcusopp
Forest Gump This is probably repeating elements of several other threads but no one appears to have put it strongly enough yet.

Pants day the return...

Pants day 2 would definitely be my preferred option, should we not see developments in the next 48 hours.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 04 Feb 2018 09:16

St Pauli
Chuckle Brother

I think he'd quite enjoy the spectacle of a club in freefall particularly as an impartial observer (he's a villa fan) and also the ritual of the match day (pub, ground, pub) as he doesn't get to go to VP any more living in Cardiff.

And if he gets bored he can count the home fans.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 04 Feb 2018 10:12

I think Pants Day 2 would be a perfect reposte. Maybe green pants?
I would break my self imposed exile and pay to go to a match if that is organised.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Feb 2018 10:23

Could I just suggest that if you wanted to boycott a game the Derby one (24th Feb) would be a perfect choice as I believe it clashes with the FA Vase quarterfinals and Bracknell Town, Thatcham Town and Windsor will all be playing - so would be a great alternative to get out and watch football as it's meant to be seen (and probably stand a chance of being entertained as well).

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Feb 2018 10:29

I see the problem as being today`s fanbase are far more tolerant than in years gone by. after the 2nd goal a few of us were on our feet trying to get a STAM OUT chant going. everyone just sits there in silence, and a few boos at the end..big deal.

Been said before but oh for a Elm park like pitch invasion.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 04 Feb 2018 10:31

Days of owners taking notice are well gone. Football is a business driven by money at the higher league levels. From the top down within the club.

Refreshing to see the rise of community owned clubs. Football afterall is meant to be entertainment. A diversion from everyday life.

Great to see Notts County selling tickets at £2 yesterday. 17,000 gate in league 2.

Reading has lost currently it's soul. We are little more than a stepping stone for Stam and the better squad players.

We want out club back...........

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Feb 2018 11:20

I reserve protests for the real shit and people who have been consistently poor with no history of success for us, personally.

I won't chant 'Stam out', 'sacked in the morning' or wave around pants because I don't think he deserves it. So far he's had an excellent season beyond all expectations and most of a pretty poor one. But currently we're not really a lot worse off than the two seasons prior to him taking over, but with a better squad for recovering.

It just strikes me as ungrateful. He's performed badly enough to be sacked but I have no ill will towards him. If he goes it'll be 'thanks for your efforts and the good times' from me and 'lets get on with it and back the team and new guy'

I don't think thrre really needs to be much pressure from the fans. The general malaise on the pitch is pretty clear and results and performances speak for themselves.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 04 Feb 2018 11:56

Snowflake Royal I reserve protests for the real shit and people who have been consistently poor with no history of success for us, personally.

I won't chant 'Stam out', 'sacked in the morning' or wave around pants because I don't think he deserves it. So far he's had an excellent season beyond all expectations and most of a pretty poor one. But currently we're not really a lot worse off than the two seasons prior to him taking over, but with a better squad for recovering.

It just strikes me as ungrateful. He's performed badly enough to be sacked but I have no ill will towards him. If he goes it'll be 'thanks for your efforts and the good times' from me and 'lets get on with it and back the team and new guy'

I don't think thrre really needs to be much pressure from the fans. The general malaise on the pitch is pretty clear and results and performances speak for themselves.

Great post.

Can I just reiterate we aren’t going down. Things could be a lot worse and would need to be before I start throwing pants around a football stadium or wearing a green t shirt

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Feb 2018 14:14

Sutekh Could I just suggest that if you wanted to boycott a game the Derby one (24th Feb) would be a perfect choice as I believe it clashes with the FA Vase quarterfinals and Bracknell Town, Thatcham Town and Windsor will all be playing - so would be a great alternative to get out and watch football as it's meant to be seen (and probably stand a chance of being entertained as well).

+1

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 04 Feb 2018 14:57

Pants day was never about getting anybody removed, it was a peaceful offbeat way of letting the club know that we, the supporters had, had enough of being crap If a protest is about Stam out it should be something different. Something Dutch perhaps, edam well ought to go after all :wink:

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 04 Feb 2018 15:12

windermereROYAL After the 2nd goal a few of us were on our feet trying to get a STAM OUT chant going. everyone just sits there in silence.

Have you thought about why that might be? I'd be interested in your thoughts on that.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Feb 2018 15:22

Lower West Reading has lost currently it's soul. We are little more than a stepping stone for Stam and the better squad players.

We want out club back...........

But people were saying, last year under Stam, that "we have our club back again" after a couple of years of being rubbish.

Just because we're in shit form doesn't mean that the "club is dead" or "we have no soul"... it's overly dramatic nonsense that doesn't help anyone.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 04 Feb 2018 15:28

Yes - please boycott the lot of you.

I do think we need a change of manager but ask yourself why is the home form so bad? Maybe because of the way the fans are reacting, its embarrassing booing your own player and when the away fans take the piss out of the home fans booing etc.

I go to more away games than home and our fans are the least supportive in the league by a country mile.

And before you say they are professionals etc etc look at our away form.

2 defeats in 10; enough said.

So yes, please boycott - I'd rather we had a Burton sized crowd of fans who supported the team.

189 posts