Boycott

189 posts
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Boycott

by John Smith » 08 Mar 2018 11:40

Lower West
Hound yeh indeed. It's the drop off in the performances of players who were here last year which is just as shocking really - the likes of McShane, Blackett, Joey, Beerens, Yann, Evans and Moore who have all been well down on what they produced last season.

Evans has hardly played. Likewise Beerans before he left. JVB has missed a fair number of games through injury.

Evans has to go

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Sack the Stam

by Forbury Lion » 08 Mar 2018 17:31

Hendo
Awayawayaway or getting in the pitch?

Because its an offence to enter the field of play?
Is it a criminal offence? or just an offence because the PA guy says so?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 08 Mar 2018 17:34

Forbury Lion
Hendo
Awayawayaway or getting in the pitch?

Yes it is a criminal offence.

https://www.olliers.com/football-offenc ... -offences/

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 08 Mar 2018 19:00

muirinho
Forbury Lion
Hendo

I am amazed that none of us are doing hard time in maximum security after our many pitch invasions.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 08 Mar 2018 19:26

Awayawayaway
muirinho
Forbury Lion Is it a criminal offence? or just an offence because the PA guy says so?

I am amazed that none of us are doing hard time in maximum security after our many pitch invasions.

Nevertheless, it's true, as opposed to some random lie the club made up, which is what you implied.

One of the reasons that a pitch-invader might be prosecuted rather than ignored is if there's a possiblity that his/her actions might lead to disorder. So for instance, that eejit who invaded during the Bradford FA cup game was fined in court as well as banned, partly because he made obscene gestures to the Bradford supporters.

So a group of invaders, mid-game making threatening gestures etc towards the directors box/Stam/players etc are more likely to be charged than a group of invaders after the game, celebrating a victory / escape from relegation/ important point against Bolton

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 08 Mar 2018 19:28

muirinho
Awayawayaway
muirinho

Nevertheless, it's true, as opposed to some random lie the club made up, which is what you implied.

One of the reasons that a pitch-invader might be prosecuted rather than ignored is if there's a possiblity that his/her actions might lead to disorder. So for instance, that eejit who invaded during the Bradford FA cup game was fined in court as well as banned, partly because he made obscene gestures to the Bradford supporters.

So a group of invaders, mid-game making threatening gestures etc towards the directors box/Stam/players etc are more likely to be charged than a group of invaders after the game, celebrating a victory / escape from relegation/ important point against Bolton

K mate.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 08 Mar 2018 20:25

Woodcote Royal The best chance of making our views count is with season ticket renewals. It's quite clear those in charge don't give a fcuk about our opinions and if they had any intention of sacking Stam they'd have done it months ago.

I've decided now that I'll renew whatever division we are in if Stam has gone but not, regardless, even if he miraculously avoids relegation with the most expensively assembled squad in our history, if he's still here.

Clubs rely heavily on ST renewals for summer cash flow so they will miss half the season ticket holders electing not to renew. I'd leave making a noise in someones parking space to the under 12's.

While down to work and travel, I'm now so glad I didn't do a ST this season. A major point is to secure a good seat; if Stam's here after the summer then I can see the club seriously struggling to sell. After all, there's currently circa 14000 seats to choose from.

After turning on the fans a bit, do you think he's now having his collar felt about the effect. Tue night against Bolton was the first available game for me since Christmas, but I decided not to go and was right. Leeds is also available and for me most favourable, but I've now decided to boycott as I cannot see us winning and I don't like being embarrassed by 4000 noisy Leeds fans for 90 minutes.

The only way out of this pit is the performance on the pitch. Not the PA man, cheaper seats or PR messages.

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 17 Mar 2018 17:20

It’s a couple of months since I created this post and nothing has improved.
Th awful run has got worse and we are sliding down the table gradually but definitely into the bottom three.
Meanwhile the management team cowardly refuse to confront Stam re what he is playing at.
If you continue to go to games please take a banner and make sure it is on camera. We’ve got to get the message across to China that we do not want this type of club, this arrogant type of management or this dull, predictable and ineffective type of football.
Nobody at the club knows what they are doing. It’s a complete and utter shambles on and off the field and no-one should be paying for or getting paid for it.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 17 Mar 2018 18:35

Forest Gump It’s a couple of months since I created this post and nothing has improved.
Th awful run has got worse and we are sliding down the table gradually but definitely into the bottom three.
Meanwhile the management team cowardly refuse to confront Stam re what he is playing at.
If you continue to go to games please take a banner and make sure it is on camera. We’ve got to get the message across to China that we do not want this type of club, this arrogant type of management or this dull, predictable and ineffective type of football.
Nobody at the club knows what they are doing. It’s a complete and utter shambles on and off the field and no-one should be paying for or getting paid for it.

You know what conversations take place ? ..

189 posts