MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by back the boyz and make some noiz

249 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by back the boyz and make some noiz

by Sutekh » 06 Mar 2018 19:19

Jaakkola
Gunter
Moore
Holmes
Barrow
Kelly
Edwards
Clement
Evans
Aluko
Martin

Subs

Mannone
Bodvarsson
Smith
Blackett
Ilori
Swift
Berg

So has Ilori been dropped because he’s out of form or injured

Barrow as a left wing back or no wing backs at all?
Last edited by Sutekh on 06 Mar 2018 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

alfie9

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by back the boyz and make some noiz

by alfie9 » 06 Mar 2018 19:20

1 striker, 6 midfielders, 3 defenders, one of whom is 17 and has never played professionally

Did they pull random names from a hat to determine this line-up? :lol:

double d

by double d » 06 Mar 2018 19:25

To be honest it either will be a masterstroke if we win, or will be the end of him if we get absolutely stuffed. It is a massive risk he has taken, something he has not done before. Maybe it will pay off? If we get a stuffing, he will end up with utter egg on his face.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Mar 2018 19:25

Tim Dellor says he’s coached Holmes as he (Holmes) is apparently a class cricketer as well. Says Holmes has a temperament that means he’ll take it in his stride and not be phased by it.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 06 Mar 2018 19:25

Reading VS Bolton has a stream listed on Firstrowsports. Not sure if it'll be legit but it's worth a try

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 06 Mar 2018 19:27

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Mar 2018 19:27

double d To be honest it either will be a masterstroke if we win, or will be the end of him if we get absolutely stuffed. It is a massive risk he has taken, something he has not done before. Maybe it will pay off? If we get a stuffing, he will end up with utter egg on his face.

Doesn’t really have anything to lose does he? He’ll be damned whatever he does if Reading don’t win.

Perhaps Stam should register himself as a player again, couldn’t do any worse than some performances we’ve had to put up with

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Mar 2018 19:28

Le Fondre starts for Bolton, Karacan on bench.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 06 Mar 2018 19:28

Just seen the line -up. The Dutch tw@t has DEFINITELY lost touch with reality, utterly.

Tom Holmes played 16 or so PL2 U-23 games, chosen ahead of very expensive (for RFC) established (in the loosest possible terms) centre backs Ilori and Blackett. Good luck son, you'll need it!!

Clement, another expensive flop, now being tried at LFB. Well Stam must find a position for him somewhere to justify the outlay. Not sure how many different positions he's been tried in this season, but has been crap in all so far!

Mannone dropped, so presumably Stam blames him for some of the goals conceded recently.

Am assuming Evans will be in the 2 defensive midfield positions with Edwards, leaving Kelly behind Martin, and Barrow and Aluko on wings.

All I will say is that Stam, by the law of averages, is due to have one of his increasingly bizarre team selections come good - I pray it is tonight! We cannot oxf*rd this fixture up, we simply can't. I only have us winning two more games this season, tonight and at home to Sunderland.

I'm supposed to be working, no booze, and now this team selection!! I feel like parodying Airplane - I picked a hell of a night to give up drinking! (temporarily).

C'mon U RRRRRRss

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 06 Mar 2018 19:33

Theroyalbox Ady Williams is a first class CNUT

No way, he was a great center back from the early 90's. A true leader, even at a young age.
That 94/95 team had such a good blend of youth and experience, perfect at that level.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Mar 2018 19:41

Proper weird selection. One full back, no obvious left back

Reckon his patience has snapped with the defence - Joey and Ilori booted out

Not really the team I’d have gone for against a long ball side but it is at least interesting

Concerned over set pieces Mind you - not a lot of height there

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Mar 2018 19:44

Other thing - with us playing 4 CMs, if I see Aluko wander slowly into CM as well I might seriously lose my sh1t

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Mar 2018 19:52

oxf*rd proper LOLs at that line up.

Better not dick around at the back because Holmes will get the arse bullied off him and Jaakkola's looked terrified of the short distribution game.

Evans at CB and Gunter and Holmes fullbacks? Evans at fullback? Gunter in a back three with Aluko and Barrow (LMFAO) as wing backs and Clement in behind Martin?

Clement is going to get so bullied he'll need a personal call handler at childline for a year.

Bold from Stam. A bunch of periferals told to go out and earn a permanent slot and a big FU to Blackett, Ilori etc.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Mar 2018 19:56

strap
Old Man Andrews
LightwaterRoyal
RACIST!

No need for that shit. It is 2018 ffs.

Blimey, you guys been liaising with Pistol Pete?!? It's a genuine saying!! No, really!!

I despair, I really do!! Some people will find offence when it's a gate!!

Anyway, back to the non-football. :wink:

GATEIST

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Mar 2018 19:57

Holmes? Is Watson on the bench?

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 06 Mar 2018 19:57

Weakest starting line up since since we played our B team away at Watford the game the FA cup semi? Holmes > Zat Knight

Bold.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 06 Mar 2018 19:57

Out of Interest. Who is the youngest player to start a league match for Reading?

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 06 Mar 2018 19:59

Old Man Andrews
strap
Old Man Andrews
No need for that shit. It is 2018 ffs.

Blimey, you guys been liaising with Pistol Pete?!? It's a genuine saying!! No, really!!

I despair, I really do!! Some people will find offence when it's a gate!!

Anyway, back to the non-football. :wink:

GAYTEIST

Homophobe :evil:

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 06 Mar 2018 20:00

LightwaterRoyal Out of Interest. Who is the youngest player to start a league match for Reading?

Think it's Peter Castle, who I believe was only 16 at the time.

double d

by double d » 06 Mar 2018 20:00

I think stam puts players faces on a dart board and throw darts at them, picks who he lands on and then chooses positions out of a hat. I have no idea who is supposed to be playing where, apart from the Gk..... although wouldn't be surprised to see him start as a left back and Clement in goal seeing as that is the only place he hasn't been this season.

249 posts