Stam Gone

355 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Stam Gone

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Mar 2018 12:40

Bizarre timing but thank fuvk that's over. Been pretty indefencible for a month or two now.

I don't see a new guy making much difference (almost surprised no immediate announcement tbh), but there's an outside chanceof a change in focus could lift the players. They're obviously better than this.

We move on. Hopefully the new appointment is not a short term panic, or if they are on 2 month contractm

Wonder what will happen to Ulderink Beasant et al?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Mar 2018 12:40

Jaytee Big Mistake :o :o :o
I think he was just turning things around. Should have been given till end of the season. If we go down now it will be the Boards fault .
I thought Aluko was just starting to show signs of brilliance, Blackett too!
How has Gareth not got Liam in the squad - unbelievable .
Swifty was just starting to get stuck in and put himself about, being particularly dominant in the air.
McCleary and Kermi back to their very very (too) old selves.
Chris G's pinpoint back passes showing his class as an International.
Joey turning over a new leaf and being nice.

I'm so pee'd off that, in protest, I shall attend every home game until the end of the season, then buy an early bird for next season.

P.S. If they can sack Jaap, why can't they sack the c womble that tells us all to "Back the boys etc.." at the start of each half. Such an embarrassment

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Mar 2018 12:41

genome
Jaytee Big Mistake :o :o :o
I think he was just turning things around. Should have been given till end of the season. If we go down now it will be the Boards fault .
I thought Aluko was just starting to show signs of brilliance, Blackett too!
How has Gareth not got Liam in the squad - unbelievable .
Swifty was just starting to get stuck in and put himself about, being particularly dominant in the air.
McCleary and Kermi back to their very very (too) old selves.
Chris G's pinpoint back passes showing his class as an International.
Joey turning over a new leaf and being nice.

I'm so pee'd off that, in protest, I shall attend every home game until the end of the season, then buy an early bird for next season.

P.S. If they can sack Jaap, why can't they sack the c womble that tells us all to "Back the boys etc.." at the start of each half. Such an embarrassment

+1

Felt it was trying far too hard. Poor execution.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 21 Mar 2018 12:42

windermereROYAL
strap Haha well we got what we wanted, now the nail-biting starts!!

Hopefully Ulderink, van den Red Card, Clement and a few others will leave in short order too.

Still think the Chinese have no interest in the club? granted its probably 2 months too late, but from thr club statement they wanted to give him time, but just ran out of it.

Heard it very good authority that they really didn't wish to be like every other foreign "hire and fire" owners hence giving Stam far more time than they really should.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Mar 2018 12:42

Hooray Hooray Hooray

I have never wanted a manager sacked as much as this before. About 4 months too late.

Having said that if they replace him with Underlink they are bonkers and my boycott continues.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 21 Mar 2018 12:43

double d
John Smith
Forbury Lion No Brian McDermott on that list? - If he was fired up for it (after being sacked the last time), I reckon he could get the best out of the players between now and the end of the season but I would question his sanity if he came back again

I'd question your sanity for making ridiculous suggestions like that. I'd probably get more sense out of North Royal Lad

I like b Mac and feel he was unfairly shafted

No wonder his hair fell out.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 21 Mar 2018 12:44

Stam was /is a very strong character and made everybody play how he wanted. The Ulderink was probably in the same boat. You've got to assume he's got a 'football brain' and could see what was going wrong. You've got to hope that with Stam gone, he will now change things.

Can't see it though.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 21 Mar 2018 12:56

A caretaker 'til the end of the season

This is about not being beaten and racking up enough points to survive

Worry about 'building' whenl that is achieved

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Mar 2018 13:05

Relax. “My” guy admits he got it wrong re Ulderink.

Read a headline and misinterpreted it.

TFFT.

Still could be him I suppose but I’d be gobsmacked if it is.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 21 Mar 2018 13:05

BR0B0T A caretaker 'til the end of the season

Hogwood is very commutable from Sandbanks

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 21 Mar 2018 13:06

Sacking Stam to put Ulderink in would hopefully give the players a kick, while not losing the best bits of Stam's system or bringing in a new manager who doesn't know the players and how we play. That's the only way I can rationalise it.

If we do bring in someone from outside the club then I don't understand why people are aghast at the suggestion of Di Matteo. He got MK Dons to what was then their highest-ever league postion. He got West Brom promoted, and won the Champions League with Chelsea, and took Schalke from eleventh to sixth. He's also already worked with Gourlay. Yes, he had a bad spell at Villa - but need I remind you of Coppell's bad spell at Man City?

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 21 Mar 2018 13:17

windermereROYAL
Woodcote Royal

Now looking forward to Good Friday!

And very probably a good few thousand on the gate.

Indeed and I may be one of them............ if I can just remember where I chucked my Season Ticket !! :?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Mar 2018 13:18

Steve_Upper_West
windermereROYAL
Woodcote Royal

Now looking forward to Good Friday!

And very probably a good few thousand on the gate.

Indeed and I may be one of them............ if I can just remember where I chucked my Season Ticket !! :?

pretty much the same. Wasn't going to go, but likely will do now

Dickie's Spear

by Dickie's Spear » 21 Mar 2018 13:25

Fantastic news !.
Still reckon Brian McDermott would be the man to walk in and restore some order.
Imagine if he had received the support afforded to Jaap but was dumped far too easily
by that fly by night Russian. Especially as Jaap has now blown the budget.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 21 Mar 2018 13:30

Tony Le Mesmer The return of PARDS.

Tenacity, Flair, Spirit.

And rumble sticks

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Mar 2018 13:32

SCIAG Sacking Stam to put Ulderink in would hopefully give the players a kick, while not losing the best bits of Stam's system or bringing in a new manager who doesn't know the players and how we play. That's the only way I can rationalise it.

If we do bring in someone from outside the club then I don't understand why people are aghast at the suggestion of Di Matteo. He got MK Dons to what was then their highest-ever league postion. He got West Brom promoted, and won the Champions League with Chelsea, and took Schalke from eleventh to sixth. He's also already worked with Gourlay. Yes, he had a bad spell at Villa - but need I remind you of Coppell's bad spell at Man City?

Di Matteo would be excellent.

Had a brilliant win ratio until his 12 game stint at Villa.

Anyone who is aghast at his name being linked with the job is a muppet.
Last edited by Royal Rother on 21 Mar 2018 13:32, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Mar 2018 13:32

Dickie's Spear Fantastic news !.
Still reckon Brian McDermott would be the man to walk in and restore some order.
Imagine if he had received the support afforded to Jaap but was dumped far too easily
by that fly by night Russian. Especially as Jaap has now blown the budget.

Jesus Christ let it go..........

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 21 Mar 2018 13:34

On a footballing level I'd be all for McDermott returning again Dickie, but sadly with half the support at best sceptical the last time around and the tarnishing his reputation took thanks to the inept half-hearted efforts of disinterested lightweights such as Piazon and Vydra I fear it'd be even worse now. Not only do we need someone capable of instantly getting results, we also need someone who will unite the support.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 21 Mar 2018 13:35

Well if Ulderlink or Clement are appointed then it will simply more of the same I'm afraid.

Just one example of many out there : http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/09/24/mw-swansea-fans-fume-at-paul-clements-tactics-after-defeat-to-wa/

royal67

by royal67 » 21 Mar 2018 13:36

Tony Le Mesmer The return of PARDS.

Tenacity, Flair, Spirit.

I quite like this idea.....

355 posts