Leaving Games Early...?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Leaving Games Early...?

by Reading4eva » 28 Mar 2018 09:44

Not very often but some lowlights where I've buggered off early.

Sheffield United 3-0 at Elm Park - second to last game at the old ground. Terrible performance enough said.

Bristol Rovers 6-0 - Enough said

Wimbledon 3-0 - Likewise enough said against a terrible Wimbledon side. Must have been about 200 fans in the stadium as it was the year they announced Milton Keynes at final whistle but retired in Jazz Cafe where everyone was in a foul mood and I was called a c*nt because the barman served me first instead of some knob further down

RoyalSwine90

by RoyalSwine90 » 28 Mar 2018 10:53

Hound The only time I ever have is this season actually. Sheff Utd and Brum I left 3 or 4 mins early (but didn’t regret it)

Like you, up until this season, I had not left a single game early. I've left 2 games early this season, Millwall (Left as we went into injury time) and Sheff U (Left at half time). Can't say I regretted it

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Mar 2018 11:07

Bristol City 2-3 Reading in 2011. I left with 20 mins to go, when we were 2-0 down.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Mar 2018 11:11

I have a couple of times, but it was only when we were getting absolutely rinsed.

The earliest was last season at Fulham, on 71 minutes. Down to ten men and the fourth flew in. Went back to the pub.

RoyalSwine90

by RoyalSwine90 » 28 Mar 2018 11:19

Pepe the Horseman Bristol City 2-3 Reading in 2011. I left with 20 mins to go, when we were 2-0 down.

I was at that game. There was a father and his 2 sons next to me, they left after Bristol City scored their second which I believe was still in the first half?

The atmosphere at the end when the whole away end were singing the Le Fondre chant (Tequila not oooh Adam Le Fondre :roll: ) was brilliant! Such a shame that chant never caught on.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Mar 2018 11:21

RoyalSwine90
Pepe the Horseman Bristol City 2-3 Reading in 2011. I left with 20 mins to go, when we were 2-0 down.

I was at that game. There was a father and his 2 sons next to me, they left after Bristol City scored their second which I believe was still in the first half?

The atmosphere at the end when the whole away end were singing the Le Fondre chant (Tequila not oooh Adam Le Fondre :roll: ) was brilliant! Such a shame that chant never caught on.

I can’t remember it how did it go?

Ingham

by Ingham » 28 Mar 2018 11:47

The guy and his son sitting next to me for the 2012 League Cup match against Arsenal were Arsenal supporters. They left with the score at 4-2 or 4-3. Bet they regretted it!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 28 Mar 2018 11:55

Does anyone want to confess or out someone for leaving a cup game at the final whistle without realising there would be extra time and penalties? - Each time we're in that situation you always see fans leaving and being called back by others.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 28 Mar 2018 12:19

Forbury Lion Does anyone want to confess or out someone for leaving a cup game at the final whistle without realising there would be extra time and penalties? - Each time we're in that situation you always see fans leaving and being called back by others.

There are many League Cup Round 2 matches where I wish I had left at full time and been in bed before midnight :wink:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 28 Mar 2018 13:29

wiggso Only ever left 2

Portsmouth away FA cup game in the late '90s when their 3rd went in and Brighton away last season, again when the 3rd went in.
Nothing to regret with these

Yep, left that Brighton game with a good 15-20 minutes to go, still spent fooking ages at the "station"

I've been know to go for a slash on 90 minutes but watch the end of the game in the concourse although there was one game recently where we didn't wait for the final whistle, could of been one of many tbf tbh.

Other than that the only significant early departures were the 0-6 v Bristol rovers and Luton in the first ever game at the mad Stad where me and others had to go to a 21st birthday party and we had no idea how long it would take us to get away

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 28 Mar 2018 13:54

My mate left just before we got the late winner against West Brom a few years back. The twat!

I’ve left at halftime before when it was freezing fukking cold on a Tuesday night and we were 3-0 down. To Portsmouth, if memory serves.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Mar 2018 14:01

Scutterbucketz My mate left just before we got the late winner against West Brom a few years back. The twat!

I’ve left at halftime before when it was freezing fukking cold on a Tuesday night and we were 3-0 down. To Portsmouth, if memory serves.

Took my grandad to that 3-2 PL WBA game. He was really feeling the cold and at 2-0 wanted to go, persuaded him to hand on for 5 mins and we got 1 back, so we stayed til the end. Both glad we did.

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 28 Mar 2018 14:04

genome I have a couple of times, but it was only when we were getting absolutely rinsed.

The earliest was last season at Fulham, on 71 minutes. Down to ten men and the fourth flew in. Went back to the pub.

genome yoh no nothing about football .

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 28 Mar 2018 14:07

Reading4eva Bristol Rovers 6-0 - Enough said

Conversely we got held up in traffic coming down from Brum for this one, arrived at our seats 20 minutes into the game. Pleasantly surprised to hear it was still 0-0 when we got in, then got to watch the carnage.

Also another one where got stuck in traffic and got in to the car park to hear the first two goals go in the Bradford FA Cup game as we were making our way round to the East stand.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 28 Mar 2018 14:14

Stranded
Scutterbucketz My mate left just before we got the late winner against West Brom a few years back. The twat!

Took my grandad to that 3-2 PL WBA game. He was really feeling the cold and at 2-0 wanted to go, persuaded him to hand on for 5 mins and we got 1 back, so we stayed til the end. Both glad we did.[/quote

My mate left at 2-2.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 28 Mar 2018 14:22

Left a few early this season - for the first time in years.

No entertainment, no effort, no plan, no chance. Haven't regretted a moment tbf.

Learned my lesson when I we were three nil down to Plymouth. I followed the exodus out of the Southbank and across the Tilehurst End but before I got to the exit we got a pen. LOL at the rush to get back in.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 28 Mar 2018 15:08

Have left games early on occasion before but only "regretted" it once - Oldham at home Sep 99. I missed John Polston's 95th minute equaliser.

double d

by double d » 28 Mar 2018 20:27

Norfolk Royal I don't mind admitting I left Carrow Road before half time last year when we went 5-0 down.

Left after 3-0 that one.

I think I have left 19 games early this season because I have been so disgusted at the performance. I am talking from 45 to 80 minutes. Have not regretted it once.

double d

by double d » 28 Mar 2018 20:32

North Royal Lad
genome I have a couple of times, but it was only when we were getting absolutely rinsed.

genome yoh no nothing about football .

leave him alone you mongaloid

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 28 Mar 2018 21:47

Wycombe Royal I left the Wolves game early back in the Elm Park days when we were losing 1-0 going in to injury time......I was walking down Parkside Road when the equaliser went in and on Westcote Road by the time the winner hit the net.

I was gutted and blamed my dad for making me leave early.......

My mate was half way across Prospect park for the first and in his Car for the second! I was going mental in the Southbank and crushed my wife to be's engagement ring trying to climb the fence! Happy Days...