Hob Nob Super-Addict

MATCHWATCH : Fulham (a) sponsored by nothing to lose

by Sutekh » 08 Apr 2018 10:25

When : Tuesday, 10th April 2018, 7.45pm
Where : Craven Cottage, Stevenage Road, London, SW6 6HH
Capacity : 25,678
Away Stand : River side of the Putney End
What might I see in the area : “Diddy” David Hamilton

So back to business with this little plum of an away trip. Again Reading have won a home game by using their one shot on target well and just like last week find themselves paired with a visit to a team challenging for promotion. Only this week it’s serious.

Fulham are the form outfit of the division and are extremely difficult opponents. Since getting some mugs to buy Aluko they’ve also been able to find the consistency that wasn’t quite with them last season. They are currently 3rd just two points behind Colin though have played one game more.

Their current run is quite amazing. They last lost a league game way back in 2017 when their December visit to Sunderland resulted in a 1-0 defeat, since then it’s a case of played 19, won 15 and drawn 4. Their last home defeat in the league was back at the end of October to Bristol City and since then they’ve won 11 and drawn 2 of their league games at the Cottage

Compare that to Reading’s mighty records of 3 wins in 22 league games and 2 wins from the last 26 league away games played on a Tuesday/Wednesday night. Therefore this is expected to be the proverbial turkey shoot and no doubt some on here will be repeating the “we’re doomed” aftermath of the Villa game last week.

Fulham will also see this as a chance to settle a score after Reading ended their season for them last year when everyone in the world wanted Fulham to go up (apparently).

Reading will be without all the usual faces that have been missing for quite some time, though Dave Edwards will be back. Blackett may also have recovered enough from his injury. Fulham would seem to be at full strength so not even a crumb of comfort to be had there.

Referee

Lancashire’s PL referee Lee Mason has been given this one

Previously

22 Apr 15 > Reading 0-1 Birmingham City
02 Feb 13 > Reading 2-1 Sunderland
22 Aug 12 > Chelsea 4-2 Reading

Historically

Not much has changed since the last league visit to Fulham which was a long long time ago. Well for a team that actually turned up that is.

Basically recent league form at the Cottage is horrendous. In the last 135 minutes of football played there Reading have scored 1 and let in 9 which works out at a rate of a goal being conceded roughly every 15 minutes.

So very probably not much change there then. But at least all the pressure will be on them.

In the 20 league games played there Reading have lost 50% and won just 25%. If you look at just cup games there have been 4 previous trips there and there has been one win for Reading and a draw (in the League Cup) and a draw and defeat in the FA Cup so on that basis alone it’s anyone’s game.

But then it was 1-1 in the play off semi on the last visit

How to follow the game

1. Get a ticket and travel
  2. Listen to Radio 5 Live and/or a myriad of other radio stations for score flashes
  3. Ring/text a mate for updates
  4. Use an iFollow subscription
  5. BBC Radio Berkshire (FM : 104.4, 104.1 or 95.4 depending where you are in the area)

Other games to follow

Bolton v Millwall
Bristol City v Birmingham
Burton v Hull
Ipswich v Barnsley
Sunderland v Norwich

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Fulham (a) sponsored by nothing to lose

by Royality creeps In » 08 Apr 2018 12:38

Always look forward to Fulham away for some weird and sadistic reason. We normally get a hiding here although the play off game last season made a pleasant change.
I'm expecting a stuffing on Tuesday and as its an evening kick off there will be a little less drinking this time to numb the pain.

I suppose we go with no expectations, so nothing to lose really.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Apr 2018 13:17

How the heck are Fulham at full strength? They must have some injuries surely? :twisted:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Apr 2018 13:32

Thanks

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Apr 2018 14:25

Zip How the heck are Fulham at full strength? They must have some injuries surely? :twisted:

Hard to believe following Reading, but injuries apparently aren't compulsory.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 Apr 2018 15:04

More than happy to gift the points to Fulham if it pushes Cardiff into the play offs. As will make the last game of the season a non event for Cardiff. Even Warnock won't wish to take any chances with his players. Also will deflate the atmosphere. Wouldn't want to need points from that game if it's a promotion party afternoon.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 08 Apr 2018 15:10

Don't care lol see you in the ... oh .. shit ... its been closed.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 08 Apr 2018 15:26

Lower West More than happy to gift the points to Fulham if it pushes Cardiff into the play offs. As will make the last game of the season a non event for Cardiff. Even Warnock won't wish to take any chances with his players. Also will deflate the atmosphere. Wouldn't want to need points from that game if it's a promotion party afternoon.

I have read this 20 times and although I think I understand what you're explaining;

No actually, I haven't got a clue what you're explaining :lol:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 Apr 2018 20:56

royalp-we
Lower West More than happy to gift the points to Fulham if it pushes Cardiff into the play offs. As will make the last game of the season a non event for Cardiff. Even Warnock won't wish to take any chances with his players. Also will deflate the atmosphere. Wouldn't want to need points from that game if it's a promotion party afternoon.

I have read this 20 times and although I think I understand what you're explaining;

To summarise potential scenarios. Would you like us to travel to a hostile Cardiff needing a win on the last game of the season to avoid relegation. :roll:

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 08 Apr 2018 21:16

Zip How the heck are Fulham at full strength? They must have some injuries surely? :twisted:

They will have plenty of injuries after our team of cloggers get to grips with their superstars, who, according to their forum, are better, man for man, than any other team in the championship.

They are not lacking in confidence these Fulham Fannies.not sure who I want to see miss out more, them or Cardiff, edging towards them due to their fans arrogance.

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 09 Apr 2018 01:47

thanks

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Apr 2018 08:40

Lower West
royalp-we

To summarise potential scenarios. Would you like us to travel to a hostile Cardiff needing a win on the last game of the season to avoid relegation. :roll:

Am fairly confident that the last game of the season will be a non-event for us. Could be wrong but think we will be mathematically safe after the Ipswich game.

Anyway as for tomorrow, Fulham as a club really seem to be building this up as a grudge match, revenge was us having the temerity to win a tie on aggregate last May. You think they would just be focussing on themselves and trying to avoid the play-offs again but ho hum.

Given that, I would love it if we put a spanner in the works and nick a backs to wall 1-0 away win. Keep 11 on the pitch and we will be tough to break down but in reality, you can't look past a comfortable Fulham win here. If we are to lose, hopefully only by a goal or two to keep the GD fairly intact.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Apr 2018 13:18

Fulham's official Twitter account going on about "Reademption"

https://twitter.com/FulhamFC/status/982973846356541446

Fcuking hell...

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 09 Apr 2018 13:33

TBH it is clearly a fishing trip by Fulham to get a reaction and more promotion for the club. Just seen they have got a bring 2 mates for £5 each to try and fill out the staduim...... :oops: a bit embarrassing considering the league position.
Doesn't take much for the twitter warriors to get all riled up either.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Apr 2018 18:04

Would think they’d be filling the stadium comfortably enough the way they are playing. Even we would.

Pretty sure we’ll lose comfortably but would obv be nice to upset them all again

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 10 Apr 2018 11:26

for some insane reason, I quite fancy us tonight.. had a little pop at 10.5 on Betfair..

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 10 Apr 2018 12:47

Interesting comments from a Fulham fan on TTE:

What weaknesses can the Royals look to exploit?

"Fulham struggles the most when a team packs it, concedes possession, and makes Fulham break them down. Fulham can sometime move too many men into attack and become vulnerable on the counter. If you can defend well for 90 minutes and finish your chance when you get it on a counter, you might have a chance."

That's pretty much how PC has been setting us up...

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Apr 2018 13:05

Tilehurstsouthbank Interesting comments from a Fulham fan on TTE:

"Fulham struggles the most when a team packs it, concedes possession, and makes Fulham break them down. Fulham can sometime move too many men into attack and become vulnerable on the counter. If you can defend well for 90 minutes and finish your chance when you get it on a counter, you might have a chance."

jd82 for some insane reason, I quite fancy us tonight.. had a little pop at 10.5 on Betfair..

I am a supporter of this club but I know we won't win the game tonight. Both dreamers.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Apr 2018 13:11

if we are to get anything, it would almost certainly be by playing deep and trying to get them to fling in crosses, which you'd expect Moore and Ilori to deal with in the main. And then hoping Barrow can latch onto a flick on or long ball for us

Really can't see it though. Fulham just to good at the moment unfortunately, and we still don't have enough of an attacking outlet to take the pressure off our defence for any period of time. LB is still a worry as well, esp if Fredericks is playing as I presume he will be

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 10 Apr 2018 13:11

John Smith
Tilehurstsouthbank Interesting comments from a Fulham fan on TTE:

jd82 for some insane reason, I quite fancy us tonight.. had a little pop at 10.5 on Betfair..

I am a supporter of this club but I know we won't win the game tonight. Both dreamers.

You don’t know. 11 v 11 (hopefully for 90 mins this time) anything can happen.

Although I am bringing my m8, whose current record is lost 7/7

166 posts