CONFIRMED: Novakovich to stay on loan nxt season, this time at Fotuna Sittard

Ranty McRantface

Re: CONFIRMED: Novakovich to stay on loan nxt season, this time at Fotuna Sittard

by Ranty McRantface » 07 Jun 2019 12:31

Nameless
Forbury Lion
Muskrat
Four penalties out of 22, the rest decent efforts or poachers goals. I don't see anyone on here slagging off Harry Kane's two goals against Tunisia :|

https://youtu.be/SA23E-IC0zc
Entertaining video, for one moment there I had to do a double take at the blue/white hooped team he was playing against.

Based on that video alone, If Danny Loader is ready for first team action then Andrija Novakovick has to be too.

He’s several years older, played a fair few more games at a senior level, is a full international and if he isn’t ready now he never will be !

Goals aside his overall play is really good. He was playing with vastly inferior players at Telstar and then at Fortuna his team were virtually underdogs against 70% of the league. He's got pace, a ruthless streak, knows when to pass, can play up on his own and he's had stellar reviews from both Telstar and Fortuna.

If all scouting was done based on a just watching goals scored on YouTube videos most of us would be bloody scouting experts by now.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: CONFIRMED: Novakovich to stay on loan nxt season, this time at Fotuna Sittard

by Forbury Lion » 07 Jun 2019 13:55

Ranty McRantface If all scouting was done based on a just watching goals scored on YouTube videos
.... we'd have a team of Mass Sarrs.

For those too young to remember, The story goes that the Reading manager back in Tommy Burns signed a player called Mass Sarr based solely on a highlights video his agent had put together..... to be fair, he was awesome against Luton Town in his home debut (first ever game at the Madejski Stadium) but gained a reputation for being lazy, seemed to put on weight and there were rumours of other off the field activities.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 07 Jun 2019 16:33

Ridiculous decision by a clueless hierarchy.

Forty

by Forty » 07 Jun 2019 16:50

But he was absolutely fu&*^ng awesome compared to Sean Evers.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 07 Jun 2019 17:21

Forty But he was absolutely fu&*^ng awesome compared to Sean Evers.

I read an interview with (Murty I think) many years ago and he said Sean Evers was one of the best players he saw in training. He just couldn't settle here and could not cope with the expectations on him, which reflected on his performances on the field. Shame that as he was the absolute business at Luton at a time when they were producing a number of very talented players.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Jun 2019 13:46

Ranty McRantface
Forty But he was absolutely fu&*^ng awesome compared to Sean Evers.

I read an interview with (Murty I think) many years ago and he said Sean Evers was one of the best players he saw in training. He just couldn't settle here and could not cope with the expectations on him, which reflected on his performances on the field. Shame that as he was the absolute business at Luton at a time when they were producing a number of very talented players.

I heard RFC thought they’d bought Mathew Spring but accidentally bought Evers.

I thought I saw Sean Evers score at Fulham. However I was apocalyptically drunk and he didn’t it was someone else.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 09 Jun 2019 15:57

Forbury Lion
Ranty McRantface If all scouting was done based on a just watching goals scored on YouTube videos
.... we'd have a team of Mass Sarrs.

For those too young to remember, The story goes that the Reading manager back in Tommy Burns signed a player called Mass Sarr based solely on a highlights video his agent had put together..... to be fair, he was awesome against Luton Town in his home debut (first ever game at the Madejski Stadium) but gained a reputation for being lazy, seemed to put on weight and there were rumours of other off the field activities.

The company I worked for were match day sponsors for that game and I awarded Mass Starr the MotM award!