CONFIRMED: Novakovich to stay on loan nxt season, this time at Fotuna Sittard

yuomi

CONFIRMED: Novakovich to stay on loan nxt season, this time at Fotuna Sittard

by yuomi » 20 Jun 2018 11:33

Apologies if this has already been mentioned etc.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIRMED: Novakovich to stay on loan nxt season, this time at Fotuna Sittard

by Hound » 20 Jun 2018 11:36

nope this is new. Not sure about this one - note he has extended his contract with us.

I'd rather have seen him given a chance here, but I suppose if he produces like he did last year at a level up, he is going to be hot property

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: CONFIRMED: Novakovich to stay on loan nxt season, this time at Fotuna Sittard

by Stranded » 20 Jun 2018 11:41

Really surprised he hasn't at least been kept on for pre-season. Can only hope that there is another striker coming in else we still look more than a little bare up top.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 20 Jun 2018 11:49

Hound nope this is new. Not sure about this one - note he has extended his contract with us.

I'd rather have seen him given a chance here, but I suppose if he produces like he did last year at a level up, he is going to be hot property

It's good that he has extended his contract at least. But yeah, would have liked to see him get a shot here - or at the very least, spend pre-season with the team before a decision was made.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Jun 2018 11:56

He will at least be playing in the Dutch top flight and is likely to be a regular starter. It's not a bad league so this is a step up for him and will be better in the long run than being an occasional starter or impact sub in the Championship.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Jun 2018 12:02

Would have preferred to have kept him but I guess his game time would have been limited next season with us. Maybe it means that elusive, much needed first choice striker is definitely on his way into the club?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Jun 2018 12:30

Great, now all the ludicrous shouts for him to start next season will stop!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Jun 2018 12:33

John Smith Great, now all the ludicrous shouts for him to start next season will stop!

But we still have Danny Loader..... The call for him to start will be louder than ever before.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Jun 2018 12:37

Old Man Andrews
John Smith Great, now all the ludicrous shouts for him to start next season will stop!

But we still have Danny Loader..... The call for him to start will be louder than ever before.

True. I also heard they're singing from the rooftops for Sam 'pretty boy' Smith to feature too.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jun 2018 13:34

Who would you start out of interest JS? Being as Bod is a cart horse, and the younger lads are not good enough?

Or would you just want us to buy two new strikers (as well as a proven champ winger)?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Jun 2018 14:01

Hound Who would you start out of interest JS? Being as Bod is a cart horse, and the younger lads are not good enough?

Or would you just want us to buy two new strikers (as well as a proven champ winger)?

Yes, this would be my preferred choice. There's no reason we can't get in someone on loan with something to prove in addition to a marquee striker signing. The rest can be done from frees.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 20 Jun 2018 14:12

John Smith
Hound Who would you start out of interest JS? Being as Bod is a cart horse, and the younger lads are not good enough?

Yes, this would be my preferred choice. There's no reason we can't get in someone on loan with something to prove in addition to a marquee striker signing. The rest can be done from frees.

For the one to prove themselves on loan I have always liked Elias kachunga at Huddersfield always seemed like a bit of a handful with a few goals in him.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 20 Jun 2018 15:00

Good luck to him. Playing regularly at a higher level will do no harm what so ever. Hopefully we can get another youngster out to gain the needed experience.
Surely this a sign that we will actually bring in a new experienced striker?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Jun 2018 16:24

Old Man Andrews Would have preferred to have kept him but I guess his game time would have been limited next season with us. Maybe it means that elusive, much needed first choice striker is definitely on his way into the club?

I would have liked to see him given a chance with us in the upcoming season. He will be 22 in September so is at an age when he needs to breaking through into the first team squad. I think Loader would have been the one to go out on loan.
So at the moment we have Bodvarsson, Kermorgant and Smith with Loader in the background
Let’s hope we do have a first choice striker coming in.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jun 2018 16:51

It would suggest we have someone lined up - you'd have thought he would have been ahead of Loader, Smith and possibly Yann in the queue for the CF spot. I'd still look to loan out Smith and give Loader another year in the U23s before seriously considering them as regular starters. Yann is clearly past it. And I doubt PC is looking at Bod as his number 1 striker for the season ahead either.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 20 Jun 2018 18:25

John Smith There's no reason we can't get in someone on loan with something to prove

Sounds like a great idea but decent young players with something to prove aren't easy to come by. If only there was somebody of around 21/22 years of age who had gained some first team experience in say the Dutch second tier and had proved that they could score at that level, Ideally bettering a goal every two games.....

Ho hum, it would be nice but as I say, players like that are hard to find :|

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jun 2018 18:29

Wish everyone would stop spunking themselves over Nova without really seeing him. Most of his goals were tap ins and penalties in a horrifically mediocre league.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 20 Jun 2018 19:32

CountryRoyal Wish everyone would stop spunking themselves over Nova without really seeing him. Most of his goals were tap ins and penalties in a horrifically mediocre league.

So a poacher doing a poachers job. I don’t think it’s spunking over him it’s if we don’t sign anyone else he was better than nothing. What is worrying me more is that we are not being associated with any strikers at the moment.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Jun 2018 19:45

linkenholtroyal
CountryRoyal Wish everyone would stop spunking themselves over Nova without really seeing him. Most of his goals were tap ins and penalties in a horrifically mediocre league.

So a poacher doing a poachers job. I don’t think it’s spunking over him it’s if we don’t sign anyone else he was better than nothing. What is worrying me more is that we are not being associated with any strikers at the moment.

Oh for sure if we don’t bring anyone in then 100% seems a daft move. Still plenty of time, I’d be surprised if we don’t bring someone in.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jun 2018 20:17

Want to see him get a chance get deserves here, but at least he's extended and it's a higher level to test himself at.