Vital week

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Delboy

Vital week

by Delboy » 29 Jul 2018 10:03

After yesterdays shambles and losing our best player in Moore, this is a crucial week behind the scenes, we need a defender, striker and midfielder if not relegation is staring us in the face. Gourlay do your job spend the Moore money wisely this is a tougher division than last season!!!!

yuomi

Re: Vital week

by yuomi » 29 Jul 2018 10:46

They've all been crucial weeks.

This summer HAD to be about Clement working out what he had and what he needed, first to consolidate us to a team that can comfortably stay in the division - and then to build us into a force that can challenge for mid table/promotion places.

On the evidence of what i've seen so far, i'd give him a 3/10.

Meyler and McNulty could be excellent additions, but could also be very little improvement on what we had already. Yiadom is a genuine improvement, but being predominantly an RB doesn't solve the gaping hole we've had at LB for the lasts 12-18 months with JObita's injury woes. O'shea and Walker, only Clement knows why, but hopefully it means Jakkola is on the way out.

The fact is, we're lacking today exactly what we were lacking at the end of last season which is exactly what we were lacking at the beginning of last season. We've 0 creativity in the middle, our front line can't be relied upon to finish what few chances we do create, and one week before the season kicks off our figurehead centre back has thrown in a transfer request.

Without even mentioning a pre-season totally lacking in whelm, if you're not at least perturbed by what's ahead then you're not paying attention.
Last edited by yuomi on 29 Jul 2018 10:52, edited 1 time in total.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 29 Jul 2018 10:47

Just as a side note if Moore went who would everyone want the club to sign?
I’d go for
Liam Lindsay- stand out young centre back from Barnsley arguably there best player- would cost circa 4 million.

Marcus Maddison, goal providing am/winger. Has a release clause in contract of about 2 million and could be interested in the step up.

Striker is hard I think we are likely to get baldock as part of the Brighton deal. I would also be looking at Sam Gallagher on loan with perm option.he has not scored many goals, but could be a perfect hold up player for baldock/McNulty to do there thing would give us another option.
I think kone on loan maybe another option at cb as we would still be light in those areas but wages maybe a problem.

Please let me know your thoughts.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jul 2018 10:56

linkenholtroyal Just as a side note if Moore went who would everyone want the club to sign?
I’d go for
Liam Lindsay- stand out young centre back from Barnsley arguably there best player- would cost circa 4 million.

Marcus Maddison, goal providing am/winger. Has a release clause in contract of about 2 million and could be interested in the step up.

Striker is hard I think we are likely to get baldock as part of the Brighton deal. I would also be looking at Sam Gallagher on loan with perm option.he has not scored many goals, but could be a perfect hold up player for baldock/McNulty to do there thing would give us another option.
I think kone on loan maybe another option at cb as we would still be light in those areas but wages maybe a problem.

I think we’re fcuked.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Jul 2018 11:04

linkenholtroyal Just as a side note if Moore went who would everyone want the club to sign?
I’d go for

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times. We don't having enough aging Irish internationals. We should be looking at Richard Keogh, Wes Hoolahan and Daryl Murphy. That'll sort everything out.

royal_craigb

by royal_craigb » 29 Jul 2018 12:05

Selling Moore and Evans will probably bring in about £8m. Then it's just a case of whether Clement will be allowed to reinvest that money.

Moore going sucks but if it gives us the ability to bring in say Elphick, Maddison, Baldock and perhaps a left back (would be happy with a loan) then its probably the right thing to do.

Reality is though we're not a particularly exciting prospect for these sorts of players to join, so Gourlay and BT need to work some magic in the next 10 days or so

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 29 Jul 2018 13:17

Funny how Tevreden has been as quiet as a door mouse since our recruitment policy went t*ts up with his splashing cash on garbage ...

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 29 Jul 2018 14:19

Pearce and Blackman back in exchange for Evans? :shock:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jul 2018 15:07

3points Pearce and Blackman back in exchange for Evans? :shock:

Jesus. It’s depressing but they would probably improve us from this current position.

How have we let it come to this?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jul 2018 15:14

CountryRoyal

Jesus. It’s depressing but they would probably improve us from this current position.

Blackman or Aluko... it's like choosing between Ebola and Syphilis

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jul 2018 16:24

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

Blackman or Aluko... it's like choosing between Ebola and Syphilis

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 29 Jul 2018 21:16

Delboy After yesterdays shambles and losing our best player in Moore, this is a crucial week behind the scenes, we need a defender, striker and midfielder if not relegation is staring us in the face. Gourlay do your job spend the Moore money wisely this is a tougher division than last season!!!!

Yes Moore was so amazing last season we nearly went down

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 29 Jul 2018 21:17

I’d genuinely be happy to have Pearce atm

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jul 2018 06:42

yuomi ...and then to build us into a force that can challenge for mid table....

Ye gods! Are Reading that far behind?

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1