Ex Players

3097 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ex Players

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Aug 2020 13:57

Hound Some stuff on Loader:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... c-prospect

its worth a read if not especially interesting. Few comments from Roddy and Gomes. Some comments about Gomes using youth from Roddy which isnt really how I remember it.

Roddy makes an interesting point about being part of the world cup winning squad.

He'll be in touch with them, seeing how well they're doing, how much they're earning. What chances they're getting. Speaks to me of a Shoreyesque head turn from the riches he's seen through the England set up.

The idea Gomes played the youth and Bowen didn't is pretty horseshit IMO. Loader got loads of chances under Gomes and did little with them. By contrast look at Olise under both and Rino and Richards under both and Clement.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Aug 2020 14:53

yep and also the constant noises last summer about having to bring a load of signings instead of playing the youth who he'd had all pre-season with

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Aug 2020 17:08

Didn't he basically immediately drop Barrett and then send him out after an ok performance and an assist at the start of the season too?

And flogged off Nova without a chance. :wink:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Aug 2020 21:48

Although Barrett rolled up at Bristol Rovers and didn't get into the team because he was deemed unfit. Pretty sure a lack of application was the big criticism of him with us.

And, of course, Novakovich has really done the business in Serie B.

Not saying they couldn't have done a job here, Barrett particularly in hindsight, but it's a bit early to call them out as ones that were allowed to get away.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 26 Aug 2020 11:56

Jordi Osei Tutu has gone to Cardiff on loan, would have been perfect as RWB option for us.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Aug 2020 14:30

Simon's Church Jordi Osei Tutu has gone to Cardiff on loan, would have been perfect as RWB option for us.

That’s stretching the definition of ex player !

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Aug 2020 10:53

Charlie Adam looks like joining Dundee United and Rob Dickie rumoured to be off to QPR

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2020 11:16

Dickie would be a quality replacement for Moore at half the cost.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Sep 2020 19:18

Glenn Murray joins Watford on loan for the season. Proven goal scorer sure, but at 36, thought they’d be after someone a bit younger if they’re looking to bounce back up again.

Shame we couldn’t have kept him when he was on loan here, thought he was class although that was 6 years ago.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 02 Sep 2020 11:05

Hendo Glenn Murray joins Watford on loan for the season. Proven goal scorer sure, but at 36, thought they’d be after someone a bit younger if they’re looking to bounce back up again.

Shame we couldn’t have kept him when he was on loan here, thought he was class although that was 6 years ago.

Another quality player a large proportion of our fan base had no time for and slagged him off. Saying he was over the hill and too old etc etc - six years on.....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Sep 2020 08:18

paultheroyal
Hendo Glenn Murray joins Watford on loan for the season. Proven goal scorer sure, but at 36, thought they’d be after someone a bit younger if they’re looking to bounce back up again.

Another quality player a large proportion of our fan base had no time for and slagged him off. Saying he was over the hill and too old etc etc - six years on.....

Baffling so many said he had a poor scoring record after 8 goals in half a season.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Sep 2020 08:36

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

Baffling so many said he had a poor scoring record after 8 goals in half a season.

Remember watching him after his first game against against Fulham thinking that this was the guy we had been crying out for since Kitson left, good in the air, good with his feet a real all round striker.

The only bad thing I remember him doing is missing a penalty at Sheffield Wednesday.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Sep 2020 16:01

Apologies if mentioned or i have missed it but i do think its poor from McCleary and Gunter that there has been no "social media" goodbyes. I actually like the pair and shame it has come to an end, but i thought it would be acknowledged in some way that they are not on our payroll. Unless the done thing these days is to get a new club, thank the old and then welcome the new?

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 04 Sep 2020 16:03

paultheroyal Apologies if mentioned or i have missed it but i do think its poor from McCleary and Gunter that there has been no "social media" goodbyes. I actually like the pair and shame it has come to an end, but i thought it would be acknowledged in some way that they are not on our payroll. Unless the done thing these days is to get a new club, thank the old and then welcome the new?

McCleary put something on instagram

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Sep 2020 16:37

kwik-silva
paultheroyal Apologies if mentioned or i have missed it but i do think its poor from McCleary and Gunter that there has been no "social media" goodbyes. I actually like the pair and shame it has come to an end, but i thought it would be acknowledged in some way that they are not on our payroll. Unless the done thing these days is to get a new club, thank the old and then welcome the new?

McCleary put something on instagram

Ah, thank you - totally missed that.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 04 Sep 2020 23:07

As noted elshwere, McCleary did put something up on Instagram.

Perhaps if Gunter thought signing for a new club was close, (but it then got delayed), that he thought it would make sense to combine the two? Like you though, I would have expected some kind of a post.

Of course, given his squad number hasn't been reused, maybe there's no statement because there are still negotiations going on behind the scenes for a return!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Sep 2020 07:46

muirinho

As noted elshwere, McCleary did put something up on Instagram.

Perhaps if Gunter thought signing for a new club was close, (but it then got delayed), that he thought it would make sense to combine the two? Like you though, I would have expected some kind of a post.

Of course, given his squad number hasn't been reused, maybe there's no statement because there are still negotiations going on behind the scenes for a return!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If he wanted to come back on reduced wages and understand he was back up to Yiadom and was only going play a bit-part role in the season then I’d 100% have him.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Sep 2020 09:40

Not everybody uses social media.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 05 Sep 2020 11:08

Sutekh

Not everybody uses social media.

Gunter did when he castigated our fans a while back.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Sep 2020 18:05

Latest book about Robin Friday is currently available at Amazon (and other book stockists) titles Man Friday it’s by Stuart Kane.

Brief synopsis at the link below

http://footballbookreviews.com/forthcoming-reviews

3097 posts