by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Aug 2021 22:19

Ikpeazu scored again for Boro.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Ex Players

by Lower West » 18 Aug 2021 23:43

morganb
NathStPaul Sam Baldock signs on at Derby County. Derby are a very desperate club.

Super Sammy Baldock scores on his debut

Sums up our transfer policy. Good players but the wrong players.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Aug 2021 07:56

Also sums up Gomes.

Alienating decent players on big money and long contracts that he thought he could just wave a wand and make disappear.

Baldock was always decent. Just made miserable here and completely misused.

Saying that though, one goal doesn't a good season make.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Aug 2021 09:47

Snowflake Royal Also sums up Gomes.

Alienating decent players on big money and long contracts that he thought he could just wave a wand and make disappear.

Baldock was always decent. Just made miserable here and completely misused.

Saying that though, one goal doesn't a good season make.

Yeah. Tbf he had a few chances last season and I think that missed sitter vs Cov killed his confidence and probably killed Paunos confidence in him

Shame as I quite liked him and always had a good attitude etc

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Aug 2021 21:59

Antonio becomes West Ham’s all time record goalscorer in the premier league over taking di Canio

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Aug 2021 22:06

Richards comes on in 88th min for Bayern yesterday , I think was his debut.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 23 Aug 2021 22:10

Brogue Antonio becomes West Ham’s all time record goalscorer in the premier league over taking di Canio

With a phenomenal performance that was like a one-man Tuesday away at Stoke. It wasn't just the goals or the assists, he was winning the ball in the Leicester half at times. I presume he'll get injured soon, but it would be great to see him keep that form up. Is he the most successful Reading alumnus that we can still talk about?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Aug 2021 22:53

Jack Celliers
Brogue Antonio becomes West Ham’s all time record goalscorer in the premier league over taking di Canio

With a phenomenal performance that was like a one-man Tuesday away at Stoke. It wasn't just the goals or the assists, he was winning the ball in the Leicester half at times. I presume he'll get injured soon, but it would be great to see him keep that form up. Is he the most successful Reading alumnus that we can still talk about?

I would have said him and Gylfi are yes

He scored 2 banging goals though today

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Aug 2021 23:14

Jack Celliers

Sidwell still surely.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 23 Aug 2021 23:18

Snowflake Royal
Jack Celliers

Sidwell still surely.

Neil Webb

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Aug 2021 07:01

Jack Celliers

Just realised you said still talk about.

Assume you mean we're not allowed to talk about sig even though he hasn't been proven to have done anything wrong and isn't guilty of anything?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Aug 2021 09:16

Jack Celliers

Great post match interview too; seems like a genuine character to have around the club.

Definitely a very successful alumnus. I don't really regret his time here though; he wasn't ready at the time and we had good options ahead of him.

If only he was 10 years younger and bouncing around the fringes of our squad now....

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 24 Aug 2021 09:37

deserves an England call up

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Aug 2021 09:50

Reading's greatest ever transfer mistake now becomes West Ham's leading Premier League goalscorer of all time. Not bad for a clumsy fool with no talent who literally played in every position. Being described last night as totally unplayable.

Everyone knows my views on this and been lauding him on here for years.... but my point is also to do with the "Reading Way" and linked to a post yesterday around what do we do with some of these players when they are here. Time and time again we get players who go on to do so well or loaned in and appear awful or fans destroy yet have great careers else where..... Murray, Vydra, Sharp, Grabban to name a few.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 24 Aug 2021 10:01

paultheroyal Reading's greatest ever transfer mistake now becomes West Ham's leading Premier League goalscorer of all time. Not bad for a clumsy fool with no talent who literally played in every position. Being described last night as totally unplayable.

Everyone knows my views on this and been lauding him on here for years.... but my point is also to do with the "Reading Way" and linked to a post yesterday around what do we do with some of these players when they are here. Time and time again we get players who go on to do so well or loaned in and appear awful or fans destroy yet have great careers else where..... Murray, Vydra, Sharp, Grabban to name a few.

Whilst I wouldn’t argue that, with hindsight, Antonio was a miss and is having a great time, I wouldn’t describe ANY of the loanees you’ve mentioned as having a GREAT career post their loan periods. Above average in a couple of cases, decent maybe but not great.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 24 Aug 2021 10:11

Would argue Murray and Sharp have had great careers in comparison to their natural ability. They have earned a lot of money and scored a lot of goals, in Murray's case Premier League goals. Both relatively unfashionable players who exceded expectations.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 24 Aug 2021 10:21

Snowflake Royal
Jack Celliers

Sidwell still surely.

No his move to Chelsea was a strange one;he went for the money which was fair enough and he did give us everything in his last season.
Deffo Gylfi,Antonio,Long and Webb.Doyle was a strange one;some Wolves friends of mine said he was pretty good for them.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Aug 2021 10:23

Franchise FC
paultheroyal Reading's greatest ever transfer mistake now becomes West Ham's leading Premier League goalscorer of all time. Not bad for a clumsy fool with no talent who literally played in every position. Being described last night as totally unplayable.

Whilst I wouldn’t argue that, with hindsight, Antonio was a miss and is having a great time, I wouldn’t describe ANY of the loanees you’ve mentioned as having a GREAT career post their loan periods. Above average in a couple of cases, decent maybe but not great.

For some reason I always thought Antonio was a bit of a marmite figure at West ham, and had a couple good seasons

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Aug 2021 10:23

Westwood52
Snowflake Royal
Jack Celliers

Sidwell still surely.

No his move to Chelsea was a strange one;he went for the money which was fair enough and he did give us everything in his last season.
Deffo Gylfi,Antonio,Long and Webb.Doyle was a strange one;some Wolves friends of mine said he was pretty good for them.

Whereas kitson was the complete opposite of the lot.

And does Long count? He has an atrocious goal scoring record since

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Aug 2021 10:28

Snowflake Royal
Jack Celliers

Sidwell still surely.

Like to understand your reasoning for this selection!!!!

3107 posts