Ex Players

3107 posts
The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Ex Players

by The Enfield Royal71 » 31 Jul 2019 18:29

Good. utter useless waste of space more concerned about playing fortnite with kids for his youtube channel.

Pfucking charlaton.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Aug 2019 18:42

Leroy Lita has retired, aged 34. Neverlived up to his potential; he could have been PL quality.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 05 Aug 2019 18:56

Evans starts for derby tonight, live on sky.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 05 Aug 2019 19:13

Joey vdB can leave NEC for free, to make way for younger cheaper players.

https://www.forzanec.nl/nieuws/nieuws/a ... j-nec.html

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Aug 2019 19:33

muirinho Joey vdB can leave NEC for free, to make way for younger cheaper players.

Worth making an enquiry ? Could do a job for us and probably wouldn’t want big wages.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 05 Aug 2019 19:35

Nameless
muirinho Joey vdB can leave NEC for free, to make way for younger cheaper players.

Worth making an enquiry ? Could do a job for us and probably wouldn’t want big wages.

Don't think he'd be inclined to come back after we refused to pay him the money he thought he was owed when he went out on loan.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Aug 2019 04:27

Nameless

:lol:

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 08 Aug 2019 09:50

Josh Sims moves to MLS

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Aug 2019 09:58

StellaPlease Josh Sims moves to MLS

Saw Rooney`s interview the other day, he said the MLS standard was lower end championship.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 08 Aug 2019 10:03

windermereROYAL
StellaPlease Josh Sims moves to MLS

Saw Rooney`s interview the other day, he said the MLS standard was lower end championship.

Move to that orange at his age and he may as well write his career off. Even if it is on loan.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 11 Aug 2019 17:32

Went to see Bournemouth v Sheffield United yesterday.
Stacey didn't play for Bournemouth but Norwood did for the away team.
Up against 2 midfielders who cost a total of £40,000,000 he shone and IMHO was the best player on the pitch and I only counted one stray pass (most passes were forward).

As a neutral two things stood out.
Firstly that the ref supposedly got every decision wrong when not giving fouls against the away side (just as happens at the Mad Stad and all other grounds)
Secondly the two divers in Bournemouth's side, Fraser and Smith both got booked but not for diving.

Sort of enjoyed the game but eventually did because Sheff Utd got a deserved equaliser near the end-a loss would have been unjust.

Am looking forward to next Sunday and seeing ex-Royals, Morrison and Bacuna in action and hoping that neither play anywhere near as well as Norwood did yesterday.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 25 Aug 2019 15:13

Jake Taylor got a goal and an assist for Exeter yesterday.

Also Kwesi Appiah scored for AFC Wimbledon.

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 25 Aug 2019 15:31

KC Royal Jake Taylor got a goal and an assist for Exeter yesterday.

Also Kwesi Appiah scored for AFC Wimbledon.

How long would you give Wally?

Saved them last season but was never going to make a manager long term.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Aug 2019 17:34

Not particularly long-term but did ok at Brentford for a spell, pre-Reading didn't he?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2019 17:41

Has them pretty organised, but they just lack quality and confidence in the latter stages.

Saw them against Ipswich last week. Defended resolutely and took a good chance on the break. But just didn't threaten enough and tired at the end. Went into their shell and started trying to see out the game too soon. No out balls and boom. Pressure tells, legs tire and they lose.

Predicted by my womble pal before the game and apparently a repeating pattern.

Appiah was pretty anonymous that game. And Pigott who we were linked with early on was a bit of a clumsy lump.

Brilliant fans btw. Sang all game. Even after conceding a last minute winner.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 25 Aug 2019 17:46, edited 1 time in total.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 25 Aug 2019 17:46

My old mate who I used to work with lets say he is called rootsy used to play back in the early days of afc wimbledon and does pt coaching there.... says he is a very good defensively minded coach but since Taylor left have lacked impetus in the final 3rd. He is one of my many insider sources in the game

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 25 Aug 2019 17:58

My daughter has just moved next door to Jimmy Wheeler. Before my time even but a true Reading Legend.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 25 Aug 2019 19:34

percy_freeman My daughter has just moved next door to Jimmy Wheeler. Before my time even but a true Reading Legend.

Jimmy's mum and dad used to live a few doors away from us and I was friendly with his kid brother Frank.
Jimmy must be well into his 80s if not older.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 25 Aug 2019 21:01

percy_freeman My daughter has just moved next door to Jimmy Wheeler. Before my time even but a true Reading Legend.

Ask your daughter to pass on my best wishes to him One of my great memories of following Reading FC is when he lead the reserves to promotion, and shouting "Up on your shoulders lads" and we chaired him off the pitch. That was the clubs first promotion for decades. Wonderful times. I remember a photo of it in the local paper, Probably the Reading Standard as it was in those days. Anyone got a copy of it by any chance?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 26 Aug 2019 07:22

The Royal Forester

Ask your daughter to pass on my best wishes to him One of my great memories of following Reading FC is when he lead the reserves to promotion, and shouting "Up on your shoulders lads" and we chaired him off the pitch. That was the clubs first promotion for decades. Wonderful times. I remember a photo of it in the local paper, Probably the Reading Standard as it was in those days. Anyone got a copy of it by any chance?

Jimmy Wheeler was inducted into STAR's Reading FC Hall of Fame in March and was present to receive his award. We had a lovely letter from his wife Sue afterwards. Re the photo mentioned above there's a similar one in 'Roy Bentley's Stationary Club'.

3107 posts