Ex Players

3107 posts
The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Ex Players

by The Royal Forester » 20 Jul 2021 20:15

What we must remember in this story is what happened to Cliff Richard.. He was not even arrested, but had the accusation over him for years, before all allegations were dropped, as the accuser was found to be lying. This could be the same, so if Glyfi is innocent, I feel sorry for him as this could be hanging over him until he retires from football. Just because there is an allegation, does not make it true.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Jul 2021 22:33

Can't help but think that whilst he has not been charged he deserves anonymity but, you know, trial by Twitter......

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Jul 2021 22:51

Snowflake Royal Do agree it's pretty classless to be rumour mongering about this sort of thing. Particularly those like Paul who insinuate stuff but don't actually name names. Not that I think they should be naming names either.

Seems like an excellent way to cause mistaken identity and grief unnecessarily.

At least as snowy said, he was just quoting a paper.

It IS (sadly) who we think it is.

Everton have expressly declared it is NOT Fabian Delph (You do the Math)

I have 2-3-4 family connections in major nationals and was told explicitly
who the player concerned was.

There is an article in the Sun "clearing" Delph

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Jul 2021 22:56

SCIAG
Snowball
SCIAG There is another Everton player who fits those criteria and has doubtless been asked a lot of difficult questions in the past few days.

That being said this just reinforces my belief that Paul and Snowball are complete dumbasses. We shouldn’t be talking about this until the trial is complete and those who identify the player have committed a serious criminal offence. Innuendo and “allegedly” are not defences. Would hope for the sake of justice that the moderators scrub both the conversations in their entirety.

I cut and pasted directly from a newspaper, and I think you will find that referring to a name as an alleged offender is not an offence.

There is no anonymity when suspected or charged with a sexual offence. There SHOULD be, but there isn't.

If you’d read an actual newspaper rather than copying from “global247news.com” (which appears to be the equivalent of Heat Magazine but targeted at English ex-pats in Spain) then you would have seen that none of the reputable news sources are naming the player for legal reasons and the Attorney General has given this statement:

I have a close family member who is a journalist on a major UK paper, an in-law who is a journalist
on a major national paper. I also know a few more journalists through them.

I was told days ago it was 99.9% an ex-Reading player (sad though that makes me)

I was also told that global24 was a "rag"... as is The Sun? As is the Icelandic news, which has for some random reason also reported this?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Jul 2021 22:57

From Despair To Where? Can't help but think that whilst he has not been charged he deserves anonymity but, you know, trial by Twitter......

If I get accused of rape of an adult do I get anonymity?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Jul 2021 23:02

SCIAG
That being said this just reinforces my belief that Paul and Snowball are complete dumbasses. We shouldn’t be talking about this until the trial is complete and those who identify the player have committed a serious criminal offence. Innuendo and “allegedly” are not defences. Would hope for the sake of justice that the moderators scrub both the conversations in their entirety.

Oh, absolutely. We should just pretend that a certain millionaire
must be innocent...

The Police statement pretty much narrowed it down. Accident? Yeah, of course.

It is an allegation. An allegation. But the evidence-gathering has been going on a while.

I TOTALLY believe in innocent until proven guilty.

That doesn't mean I will ignore the thing until it goes to court and there is a verdict.

i have NOT ONCE, not for a split-second, said out suggested that the player in question
is guilty or has a case to answer.

But hey, rich footballer, let's look the other way. When it gets to court, said footballer's lawyers
will probably earn more for taking that case than anyone on this board will earn in a life-time.

Said footballer might even get off.

So, say said footballer goes to court and gets off, are you saying we should
never even mention his name? Yeah, right.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jul 2021 00:05

That doesn't excuse spreading it. And Journos frequently get things wrong.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 21 Jul 2021 05:44

Snowball
From Despair To Where? Can't help but think that whilst he has not been charged he deserves anonymity but, you know, trial by Twitter......

Until the point that you get charged, yes you should. That's my whole point, and that's why he can't be named for legal reasons, yet its perfectly OK to give out details that narrow it down to 1 or 2 people. :roll:

There's also, as yet, no suggestion that he has raped anyone.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jul 2021 07:18

Snowball

Only one way to find out.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Jul 2021 08:44

Pepe the Horseman
Snowball

Only one way to find out.

Hi, my name is Pepe...

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Jul 2021 08:44

DELETED
Last edited by Snowball on 21 Jul 2021 09:18, edited 1 time in total.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Jul 2021 08:49

From Despair To Where?
Snowball

Until the point that you get charged, yes you should. That's my whole point, and that's why he can't be named for legal reasons, yet its perfectly OK to give out details that narrow it down to 1 or 2 people. :roll:

There's also, as yet, no suggestion that he has raped anyone.

SHOULD is the operative word

"But ought’s as far away from does
as is and was leave maybe far behind"

I look after refugees, under 18 and have to undergo regular police checks

The idea of a false accusation (of some sort of sexual approach) is scary

I could be cleared etc, but the cloud of suspicion would never go away
and I suspect I'd find I was not asked to look after more refugees.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Jul 2021 09:43

SCIAG
Stranded If it isn't him, then he is very unfortunate to be living in an area policed by Greater Manchester Police, whilst being a 31 yo married international and Premier League footballer at the same time a second player meeting those criteria has been arrested and released on bail.

There is another Everton player who fits those criteria and has doubtless been asked a lot of difficult questions in the past few days.

Wind your neck in you complete bell end. I have not named anyone and have said far less than what is being printed in the main stream media. Do you literally just spend every god forsaken day on here and explore no further. Give your head a wobble you fool.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Jul 2021 09:48

paultheroyal
SCIAG
Stranded If it isn't him, then he is very unfortunate to be living in an area policed by Greater Manchester Police, whilst being a 31 yo married international and Premier League footballer at the same time a second player meeting those criteria has been arrested and released on bail.

There is another Everton player who fits those criteria and has doubtless been asked a lot of difficult questions in the past few days.

Wind your neck in you complete bell end. I have not named anyone and have said far less than what is being printed in the main stream media. Do you literally just spend every god forsaken day on here and explore no further. Think you need to check other sections of this forum before calling me and snowball out. Give your head a wobble you utter fool.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 21 Jul 2021 09:51

Innocent until proven Gylfi.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Jul 2021 10:10

paultheroyal
SCIAG

Wind your neck in you complete bell end. I have not named anyone and have said far less than what is being printed in the main stream media. Do you literally just spend every god forsaken day on here and explore no further. Give your head a wobble you fool.

Also my journal friends told me the other guy (Fabian Delph, no allegations at all against him) played for Everton 2-3 days ago.

Our former hero didn't.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 21 Jul 2021 14:16

paultheroyal
SCIAG

Lol

You’ve been caught red handed breaking the law and you have said far more than anyone in the mainstream media. I cannot find any mainstream source that has gone beyond the details given by the police and Everton statements, such as by naming a former club. You did.

I make 1.1 posts a day, so safe to say I don’t spend all day reading HNA. The fact that other people are doing it too is no excuse, particularly when every media outlet has repeated that the player “cannot be named for legal reasons”. I would suggest that people doing so behind a log-in are much less likely to be caught than those doing so in public.

The need to publicly clarify that Delph isn’t the accused has narrowed it down to one possibility, and yet the media has maintained a blackout.

I don’t think naming him is nearly as bad as the people making jokes which presuppose guilt but it still strikes me that the risks massively outweigh the benefits and it is therefore a damn stupid thing to do. People have been hauled in front of judges for less.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Jul 2021 14:26

SCIAG
paultheroyal
SCIAG There is another Everton player who fits those criteria and has doubtless been asked a lot of difficult questions in the past few days.

Lol

You’ve been caught red handed breaking the law and you have said far more than anyone in the mainstream media. I cannot find any mainstream source that has gone beyond the details given by the police and Everton statements, such as by naming a former club. You did.

I make 1.1 posts a day, so safe to say I don’t spend all day reading HNA. The fact that other people are doing it too is no excuse, particularly when every media outlet has repeated that the player “cannot be named for legal reasons”. I would suggest that people doing so behind a log-in are much less likely to be caught than those doing so in public.

The need to publicly clarify that Delph isn’t the accused has narrowed it down to one possibility, and yet the media has maintained a blackout.

I don’t think naming him is nearly as bad as the people making jokes which presuppose guilt but it still strikes me that the risks massively outweigh the benefits and it is therefore a damn stupid thing to do. People have been hauled in front of judges for less.

He has been named in many places

For some bizarre reason he has been named by the Icelandic press. Why on earth would the Icelandic press be concerned?

That is just weird.

And, of course, by Everton making it clear that it isn’t Delph, they’ve kind of outed someone.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Jul 2021 16:04

SCIAG
paultheroyal

Lol

Are you actually ok? Seriously. are you ok? Since when has this...

If rumours are true it’s not looking good for a former ex Reading fc Star - only rumours mind

been breaking the law when more damning quotes are coming from the media organisations. Quoting "a premier league star aged 31" narrows it down more than ex Reading"

Words fail me.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Jul 2021 09:25

paultheroyal Quoting "a premier league star aged 31" narrows it down more than ex Reading"

Words fail me.

Really not doing anything to demonstrate that you’re not a dumbass.

“31 year old Everton footballer” is a term which has some, albeit limited, ambiguity. “31 year old ex-Reading Everton footballer” narrows it down to one.

They teach Venn diagrams to six year olds. Perhaps you could ask one to explain them to you?

3107 posts