Ex Players

3097 posts
morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Ex Players

by morganb » 09 Aug 2022 08:49

https://www.uptheclarets.com/charlie-ad ... or-a-fiver

See Charlie Adam is working with the U23s at Burnley:

Former Blackpool, Liverpool and Stoke midfielder Charlie Adam was the man assisting Andy Farrell on the touchline. We understand he’s just helping out at Burnley while he takes his first steps on the coaching ladder having secured his badges up to A licence.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2022 13:21

No surprise to find out where Tarique Fosu has gone on loan….Stoke

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Aug 2022 14:18

Hound No surprise to find out where Tarique Fosu has gone on loan….Stoke

At what point does FFP catch up with those chancers?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2022 15:27

tidus_mi2

No idea, and after reading a review of their last 4 season’s accounts I still don’t

Know we missed a trick or two though - mainly selling the stadium for what we did. Stoke sold theirs for 70m

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Aug 2022 17:16

Hound
tidus_mi2

No idea, and after reading a review of their last 4 season’s accounts I still don’t

Know we missed a trick or two though - mainly selling the stadium for what we did. Stoke sold theirs for 70m

Just feel like we've been hard done by getting the points deduction last season when teams like Stoke seem to be just waltzing around without a care.

Maybe Stoke's owners are just better at cooking the books or are in for a harder fall.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Aug 2022 17:27

Hound
tidus_mi2

That seems a questionable figure to me, Derby sold theirs for something similar and got pulled up over it so why would Stoke be different?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2022 17:44

Dunno but we got something wrong when we sold ours for 25?, Stoke was 70 and Derby 80

Not only where we cheating but we were crap at it

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Aug 2022 19:16

Sutekh
Hound
tidus_mi2 At what point does FFP catch up with those chancers?

That seems a questionable figure to me, Derby sold theirs for something similar and got pulled up over it so why would Stoke be different?

Derby and Wednesday both got off on that issue didn't they... they both eventually fell foul of putting things in the wrong accounting period, not how much they sold the stadium for?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2022 19:20

Yeah none of the clubs have been done for their valuations - though Derby’s was an absolute pisstake - Mel’s mate doing the ‘independent’ valuation

Like I said we just did a bad job of cheating. Could have sold it for double without anyone batting an eyelid, maybe even 3*. And then we wouldn’t have been punished (though we’d prob have blown that money on rubbish players on high wages as well)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Aug 2022 19:25

Hound Yeah none of the clubs have been done for their valuations - though Derby’s was an absolute pisstake - Mel’s mate doing the ‘independent’ valuation

Like I said we just did a bad job of cheating. Could have sold it for double without anyone batting an eyelid, maybe even 3*. And then we wouldn’t have been punished (though we’d prob have blown that money on rubbish players on high wages as well)

At least we're consistent. We've also done a bad job of recruiting players, managers, coaches, CEOs and owners. We've done a bad job of managing our finances, training and injuries. As well as doing a bad job of playing football and winning games.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2022 20:08

Snowflake Royal
Hound Yeah none of the clubs have been done for their valuations - though Derby’s was an absolute pisstake - Mel’s mate doing the ‘independent’ valuation

At least we're consistent. We've also done a bad job of recruiting players, managers, coaches, CEOs and owners. We've done a bad job of managing our finances, training and injuries. As well as doing a bad job of playing football and winning games.

Yep. Big fat cross in every box

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Aug 2022 20:53

Trevor Senior video of some of his goals for Reading, I think a few captured from games that we don’t otherwise have any video recording of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dswy77V9Nc8

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 17 Aug 2022 08:52

Not to nit pick and I certainly agree with the overall point, but I wouldn't say we 'cheated' as such. I think we just decided to quite openly go well beyond the permitted losses in the hopes of being promoted so we didn't have to worry about it. Now we're deservedly taking our medicine.

Derby, on the other hand, did the same then cooked the books in as many ways as possible, so to my mind they're much worse. Stoke seem to be sailing close to the wind so maybe their time will come soon, who knows?

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 17 Aug 2022 08:55

Also on the ex-players theme, not sure if it's been mentioned here but Jem Karacan is now turning out for Radcliffe FC in the Northern Premier League, which is apparently level 7 on the pyramid (just below Conference North/South level).

I'm surprised he didn't get a move to a League club in the past couple of years, perhaps his injuries are now catching up with him?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Aug 2022 11:40

Gunter sent off yesterday for retaliation on another ex player - Stephen Quinn after he kicked the ball at Gunter’s face

Must admit, those two names wouldn’t be the first two that spring to mind for an incident like that!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Aug 2022 12:55

URZZZZ Gunter sent off yesterday for retaliation on another ex player - Stephen Quinn after he kicked the ball at Gunter’s face

Must admit, those two names wouldn’t be the first two that spring to mind for an incident like that!

I got a message from a womble chum yesterday saying they were coming round to my view of Gunter and describing him as a Gunt. Now I can see why... yeah, out of character for the meak one tho.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 19 Aug 2022 14:05

See Thierry Nevers has gone to League 2 Newport County on loan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62595852

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 20 Aug 2022 14:02

My local non-league side earlier in the month signed a player who apparently was with us, Lexus Beeden. Struggling to remember him, when was he with us? Did he feature much? Planning on going to a game next month so will be interesting to see how he does, assuming he plays.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2022 16:26

KC Royal My local non-league side earlier in the month signed a player who apparently was with us, Lexus Beeden. Struggling to remember him, when was he with us? Did he feature much? Planning on going to a game next month so will be interesting to see how he does, assuming he plays.

With the club’s Academy at some point around 2019/20 I think, came from originally Tooting & Mitcham.

kirkrich

by kirkrich » 20 Aug 2022 17:18

Conceived in the back of a Lexus?

3097 posts