Ex Players

3107 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Ex Players

by SCIAG » 07 Jun 2023 16:01

Cesare Casadei is currently the top scorer in the U20 World Cup with 6 goals, and is basically certain to win the Golden Boot (nobody else with games still to play has scored more than 2). Tomorrow Italy play South Korea in the final, so there's a good chance Casadei will become world champion.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 07 Jun 2023 16:03

Once upon a time . Mentioning , Rod Thornhill , I captained Rod in the school team , when he was a little left winger . You also mentioned Johnny Brooks I also knew him and several members of his family . The thing about John was that often on Sunday mornings he would watch kick abouts in Prospect Park or Coley Rec , then usually his Tottenham blazer would get laid on top of the other coats forming goalposts and he would join in . He just couldn’t resist a football .

Wow, Respect that makes you 90+?

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 07 Jun 2023 16:05

AthleticoSpizz Jamie Cureton (47) has been ‘ordered’ to hang up his boots by his Chairman at newly promoted Enfield FC

Won’t happen

He could be a good shout for Reading Player Manager.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jun 2023 16:37

As much as we”d love that notion, he is staying in the non-league scene….wanting to spend his time with his family these days.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Jun 2023 16:42

From Despair To Where? And there's me thinking QPR had a player called Rob Dickieog.

You're thinking of Danny Dichio.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Jun 2023 16:59

Don't remember Dichio scoring many own goals.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 08 Jun 2023 11:29

Steve Sidwell has been standing in for Statman Dave on the last two episodes of That Peter Crouch Podcast, worth a listen if you've never heard him Rapping. Could carry a podcast himself, mentioned Reading a few times.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 08 Jun 2023 16:38

SCIAG Cesare Casadei is currently the top scorer in the U20 World Cup with 6 goals, and is basically certain to win the Golden Boot (nobody else with games still to play has scored more than 2). Tomorrow Italy play South Korea in the final, so there's a good chance Casadei will become world champion.

He's been unbelievably good in that competition ... incredible to believe that PInce was reluctant to play him at first. Reminds me a bit of when we signed Carrico and hardly played him and he went on to captain I think Sevilla and win the Europa League with them ...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jun 2023 17:35

Royalwaster
SCIAG Cesare Casadei is currently the top scorer in the U20 World Cup with 6 goals, and is basically certain to win the Golden Boot (nobody else with games still to play has scored more than 2). Tomorrow Italy play South Korea in the final, so there's a good chance Casadei will become world champion.

He's been unbelievably good in that competition ... incredible to believe that PInce was reluctant to play him at first. Reminds me a bit of when we signed Carrico and hardly played him and he went on to captain I think Sevilla and win the Europa League with them ...

Try for another loan spell maybe, unlikely to come off now of course but if you don't ask....

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Jun 2023 17:45

Royalwaster

To be fair, he played in a poor team incapable of moving the ball up the pitch and providing him the ball in dangerous areas. He was always going to struggle in such a poor team. You could have stuck Haaland up front for us last year and he'd have probably got 10 goals from corners and penalties.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Jun 2023 09:39

Casadei ended up winning the tournament and finishing as top scorer with seven goals.

Lewis Baker top-scored from midfield in the 2016 Toulon Tournament, which means that we have now twice signed a deep-lying midfielder on loan from Chelsea who has top-scored in and won a major international youth tournament.

Also in double-checking my stats I found out that Baker's dad Audley was a professional powerlifter. Axel and Jokull's father Andres Gudmundsson was a strongman. Weird to have had two unrelated players in quick succession whose father's job was performatively lifting heavy objects.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Jun 2023 09:53

SCIAG Casadei ended up winning the tournament and finishing as top scorer with seven goals.

Have you got this weekends lottery numbers as well? :? :wink:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Jun 2023 10:33

Hendo
SCIAG Casadei ended up winning the tournament and finishing as top scorer with seven goals.

This made me chuckle more than it should :lol:

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 09 Jun 2023 11:35

SCIAG
Also in double-checking my stats I found out that Baker's dad Audley was a professional powerlifter. Axel and Jokull's father Andres Gudmundsson was a strongman. Weird to have had two unrelated players in quick succession whose father's job was performatively lifting heavy objects.

Three - Paul Ince had a MASSIVE chip on his shoulder.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Jun 2023 13:00

paultheroyal
Hendo

This made me chuckle more than it should :lol:

Damnit. For some reason I thought Italy-South Korea was the final.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 16 Jun 2023 18:37

ALF joins Brian at Hibs.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jun 2023 22:26

Excellent, he must be looking towards assisting with management…going forward…. Even if it is for a Taig team :wink:

Up the Jambos

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Jun 2023 15:56

Bit random but... was scrolling and saw a pic of Alan Brazil with someone who at first glance I thought was Dylan Kerr.

It was actually Jim Kerr, from Simple Minds. Are they related? Can't find anything on the interwebz but the resemblance is uncanny.

In fact, he could be Alan Brazil and Jim Kerr's lovechild.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 21 Jun 2023 10:53

Pepe the Horseman Bit random but... was scrolling and saw a pic of Alan Brazil with someone who at first glance I thought was Dylan Kerr.

It was actually Jim Kerr, from Simple Minds. Are they related? Can't find anything on the interwebz but the resemblance is uncanny.

In fact, he could be Alan Brazil and Jim Kerr's lovechild.

Have they ever been seen in the same room together?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Jun 2023 16:20

Dylan might well turn out to be the only manager who'd risk taking the manager's job as things currently stand.

3107 posts