3107 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Ex Players

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Nov 2019 10:51

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Something amusing?

Yes, he was useless for us. This has been explained to you already.

Was it explained? Or did you just come up with a random (incorrect) statement?

He was pretty much universally hated he was here. No effort, no end product and useless at taking corners. Fact.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Nov 2019 10:58

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Yes, he was useless for us. This has been explained to you already.

He was pretty much universally hated he was here. No effort, no end product and useless at taking corners. Fact.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Nov 2019 11:05

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Oh dear

He didn't. I know you never go or went to games so it would be harder for you to understand.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Nov 2019 11:38

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews He was pretty much universally hated he was here. No effort, no end product and useless at taking corners. Fact.

Oh dear

He didn't. I know you never go or went to games so it would be harder for you to understand.

I do go to games. Norwood was a bit inconsistent for us, and too fond of floaty corners, but (a) was not universally hated, apart, maybe, from the more moronic end of our fanbase, (b) always put in effort and (c) definitely had end product.

I'll agree with you about the corners though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2019 19:34

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Norwood once again showing that in a team suited to his strengths, he's superb. One of the most underrated players we've had in a long time. Very rarely gives the ball away and his passing is mostly always played with a purpose

It's all right though, we had Evans and Kelly instead :?

He was completely useless for us.

:lol:

You're such a wag, especially when you tell other people they don't know anything about football and then say things like this.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Dec 2019 12:21

https://mobile.twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1201097147724320768?s=21

Terribly sad news about Benik Afobe's little girl.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Dec 2019 13:47

sandman https://mobile.twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1201097147724320768?s=21

Terribly sad news about Benik Afobe's little girl.

Awful news

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Dec 2019 16:33

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/gylfi-sigurdsson.107753/page-173

Can we send back that terrible keeper and get our sweet innocent prince Gylfi back from these ungrateful cretins in return please?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Dec 2019 20:31

muirinho
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Oh dear

I do go to games. Norwood was a bit inconsistent for us, and too fond of floaty corners, but (a) was not universally hated, apart, maybe, from the more moronic end of our fanbase, (b) always put in effort and (c) definitely had end product.

Yeah that pretty much

I thought he was part of a midfield with Williams which just didn’t work. Surprising when I look back is it really should have done

Seem to remember him having a pretty poor time under BMc2 and I was quite happy for him to go when he did

Shame as clearly had a great time of it since

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Dec 2019 20:32

Paul Clement apparently on the Watford shortlist...

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Dec 2019 20:49

Hound
muirinho
Old Man Andrews He didn't. I know you never go or went to games so it would be harder for you to understand.

Yeah that pretty much

I thought he was part of a midfield with Williams which just didn’t work. Surprising when I look back is it really should have done

Seem to remember him having a pretty poor time under BMc2 and I was quite happy for him to go when he did

Shame as clearly had a great time of it since

He’s had been perfect for Stam I think. Joey, Norwood and a Swift midfield would have been tasty with Williams in back up

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 01 Dec 2019 21:38

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Best midfielder we've had in a while, oozed quality

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Something amusing?

Yes, he wrongly thought that Spurs were losing, and as his Mrs. had been intimately close to a Spurs fan he was having a smirk.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Dec 2019 15:48

Hayden Mullins in temporary charge at Watford

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Dec 2019 00:44

Sunderland interested in Liam Kelly. Must admit Parkinson and Kelly doesn’t exactly seem the best fit...

But I still maintain if we gave Kelly a proper run in a performing team, he could have been a useful asset for us. We’re reaping the benefits for Swift, being patient when quite frankly he was terrible for 24 months, and we just seem to give up on Kelly when he lost his form

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Dec 2019 01:17

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElmParkRoyal ... 8706914304

Good save by Jaakkola here, playing well for Rovers

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Dec 2019 06:01

URZZZZ Sunderland interested in Liam Kelly. Must admit Parkinson and Kelly doesn’t exactly seem the best fit...

But I still maintain if we gave Kelly a proper run in a performing team, he could have been a useful asset for us. We’re reaping the benefits for Swift, being patient when quite frankly he was terrible for 24 months, and we just seem to give up on Kelly when he lost his form

Another one of Gomes’ odd decisions. Seemed to get the blame for the trip to Sheff Utd despite the fact he picked up an injury early on and was then given a hospital ball by Martinez for one of their goals before being subbed after about 25 minutes.

What we should do is buy him back, buy the qpr keeper and then that Coventry player. Then we could field 3 Liam Kelly’s. Would be worth it just to hear the chant.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Dec 2019 06:24

URZZZZ Sunderland interested in Liam Kelly. Must admit Parkinson and Kelly doesn’t exactly seem the best fit...

However, it is telling that the 3 clubs reportedly interested in him are all in League 1.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Dec 2019 10:28

From Despair To Where?

However, it is telling that the 3 clubs reportedly interested in him are all in League 1.

I’m not really surprised though, 12 months now and he’s started around three games in that period

The point was that if we gave him time to develop (because he obviously had something) and used him in the correct way, he could have gone onto be a better player. Since he got too big for his boots under Stam, I never thought we got the right manager in to sort his problems out, it was a real waste of talent

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Dec 2019 14:05

Lea Barkus now 1st team coach at a Bracknell Town following their change in management to Bobby Wilkinson earlier this month.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Dec 2019 15:31

Craig Tanner is currently at Aldershot and scored on his home debut yesterday

3107 posts