Ex Players

3107 posts
Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Ex Players

by Tony Le Mesmer » 21 Sep 2018 12:04

Sutekh Terry Hurlock now works for the RMT (National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers) and in 2007 the Times declared him as the 23rd hardest man in football :lol:

THE hardest man in football and probably now the RMT's 'chief whip'.

My recollection of him getting sent off at home to Rotherham c1986. It was just a big collective wince from the crowd as he proper stud raked an opponent. Im sure he held the disciplinary points record when at Fulham.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 21 Sep 2018 12:30

Tony Le Mesmer
Sutekh Terry Hurlock now works for the RMT (National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers) and in 2007 the Times declared him as the 23rd hardest man in football :lol:

My recollection of him getting sent off at home to Rotherham c1986. It was just a big collective wince from the crowd as he proper stud raked an opponent. Im sure he held the disciplinary points record when at Fulham.

"Terry's gonna get ya" hated Reading as a place and hated Branfoot but never ever put in anything less than 100% and acted like he would die for the cause.

Similarities with our current pathetic excuse for professional footballers. Zero.

zaskar

by zaskar » 21 Sep 2018 14:13

blueroyals What's Gunnarsson up to these days?

He's the Manager at HK Kópavogs in Iceland, gaining some valuable experience before coming home to save us:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/brynjar ... iner/42740

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Sep 2018 14:54

grey_squirrel
Tony Le Mesmer

"Terry's gonna get ya" hated Reading as a place and hated Branfoot but never ever put in anything less than 100% and acted like he would die for the cause.

Similarities with our current pathetic excuse for professional footballers. Zero.

Mick Tait and Billy Whitehurst were at the club just after Hurlock left, Add in Parky and you're on your way to naming the hardest Reading XI of all time.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 21 Sep 2018 20:05

zaskar

He's the Manager at HK Kópavogs in Iceland, gaining some valuable experience before coming home to save us:

Who's up for a weekend in Iceland to do a bit of scouting and report on the our next manager? Seriously.

I fancy a bit of second division Icelandic footy, tall, chisel jawed blonde birds, a bit of geo-thermal pool activity, rollmop herrings.... and beer at eye watering prices.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 21 Sep 2018 22:52

Dick Habbin's hairdo
zaskar

Who's up for a weekend in Iceland to do a bit of scouting and report on the our next manager? Seriously.

I fancy a bit of second division Icelandic footy, tall, chisel jawed blonde birds, a bit of geo-thermal pool activity, rollmop herrings.... and beer at eye watering prices.

I absolutely LOVE a rollmop herring! :oops: :oops:

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 21 Sep 2018 23:08

strap
Dick Habbin's hairdo Who's up for a weekend in Iceland to do a bit of scouting and report on the our next manager? Seriously.

I absolutely LOVE a rollmop herring! :oops: :oops:

So that's Strap and me, then.... strap for a bit of smelly fish and me for a bit of smelly f.... oh. Any others?

Wait. Don't the Icelandics wimp out and have, like, three months off because they think it's too cold?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 22 Sep 2018 07:12

I reckon Gunnarsson and Ingi would be an incredible management duo.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 24 Sep 2018 21:39

grey_squirrel

Nobody liked Branfoot, players or fans, which is pretty unique when you consider that under him we romped the old Div 3 and broke all sorts of rcords along the way.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 27 Sep 2018 15:34

Shandon Baptiste, aged 20 and once of Reading academy and John Mad Academy, has signed a 4 year deal at Oxford, starting at them in CDM and captained them against Manchester City in the Carabao Cup.

Rudolph Hucker

by Rudolph Hucker » 28 Sep 2018 11:44

Glenn Little seems to be enjoying his retirement. He was on top form at the ex-player's Q & A in Tilehurst last night. He spoke very fondly of Steve Coppell and the 106 squad but admitted he should never have returned half fit in 2009.
He was player manager at Gray Athletic until recently and played at a decent level until he was 38. Lovely bloke, full of stories and wind ups. We could do with some characters like him now......

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 28 Sep 2018 12:56

Rudolph Hucker Glenn Little seems to be enjoying his retirement. He was on top form at the ex-player's Q & A in Tilehurst last night. He spoke very fondly of Steve Coppell and the 106 squad but admitted he should never have returned half fit in 2009.
He was player manager at Gray Athletic until recently and played at a decent level until he was 38. Lovely bloke, full of stories and wind ups. We could do with some characters like him now......

So he’ll be repaying half the salaries he took from us and several other clubs afterwards?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Oct 2018 18:22

A couple more for Curo, and Chris Casper enjoying his time as Sports Director at the ascending Salford City.

Basildon

by Basildon » 08 Oct 2018 16:10

Nicky Shorey & Glen Little are the new management team at Isthmian League side Wingate & Finchley FC.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 08 Oct 2018 16:29

AthleticoSpizz A couple more for Curo, and Chris Casper enjoying his time as Sports Director at the ascending Salford City.

Good to hear

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 08 Oct 2018 17:22

John Smith
AthleticoSpizz A couple more for Curo, and Chris Casper enjoying his time as Sports Director at the ascending Salford City.

Good to hear

He could have been such a great footballer.

Shame how it turned out.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 08 Oct 2018 19:46

zaskar

Eight years at Reading.

One of my all-time favourite players.

I echo the sentiments!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Oct 2018 14:03

John Smith
Old Man Andrews .

Old Man Andrews, in a hypothetical world, would you have Deniss Rakels back? Would you start him in the current team?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Oct 2018 14:06

John Smith
John Smith
Old Man Andrews .

Old Man Andrews, in a hypothetical world, would you have Deniss Rakels back? Would you start him in the current team?

Absolutely not. He just was not the required level IMO, injury prone too. He had a great moment away at Charlton a couple of seasons ago but other than that did very little.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 11 Oct 2018 15:14

Old Man Andrews
John Smith
John Smith

Absolutely not. He just was not the required level IMO, injury prone too. He had a great moment away at Charlton a couple of seasons ago but other than that did very little.

Old Man Andrews and John Smith,

If you had to choose any 3 players to have back from the past few season whom are still playing, who would it be and why?

3107 posts