Ex Players

3107 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ex Players

by Hound » 26 May 2022 19:54

Tbf Millwall fan I know said he could barely run last year so doubt he’ll stay in the champ

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 May 2022 20:06

Add Swift to this list :(

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 May 2022 20:07

Hound
The Royal Forester Alex Pearce has said he "would crawl back" to sign for Reading. would he do so for the pittance we can afford to pay him though?

Don’t need another ageing Cb sadly
but we need a cheap experienced CB as a defensive coach/stand-in player

Would be nice imho and not just for old times sake….local lad, long in the tooth and worth a punt.

You could see what it meant to be back last Saturday

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 26 May 2022 20:13

tidus_mi2 Add Swift to this list :(

A sad day.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 26 May 2022 20:22

A good player who will be missed!! His goals and assists kept us up last season so a big thank you for that....however, WBA, really, they'll be in the mix next season but I'm pretty sure Norwich and Watford will take the top two and after that its a lottery.

Hopefully he'll have his seasonal injury issues when he's due to play us.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 26 May 2022 23:45

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2022 09:49

Bit of a set-up tbf…sounded like a good night

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 May 2022 10:43

AthleticoSpizz
Hound
The Royal Forester Alex Pearce has said he "would crawl back" to sign for Reading. would he do so for the pittance we can afford to pay him though?

Don’t need another ageing Cb sadly
but we need a cheap experienced CB as a defensive coach/stand-in player

Would be nice imho and not just for old times sake….local lad, long in the tooth and worth a punt.

You could see what it meant to be back last Saturday

What is the obsession with wanting people with no coaching experience as a coach.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 May 2022 10:44

Jobs for the boys I guess.

Getting tired of seeing "lets bring back....." at the start of any sentence that involves transfers. No, lets not bring back anyone. Lets have a look at young players without a club who have something to prove.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 May 2022 10:54

NathStPaul Jobs for the boys I guess.

Getting tired of seeing "lets bring back....." at the start of any sentence that involves transfers. No, lets not bring back anyone. Lets have a look at young players without a club who have something to prove.

We should only bring someone back if they are the best option for us especially in our current situation. I'm yet to see a name where that even feels close to being the case. Some people have even suggested giving Karacan a deal - he was last released by Scunthorpe!

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 May 2022 10:56

Stranded

We should only bring someone back if they are the best option for us especially in our current situation. I'm yet to see a name where that even feels close to being the case. Some people have even suggested giving Karacan a deal - he was last released by Scunthorpe!

I think there are certainly a couple of ex players who we would be silly to say no to, even then I would much rather we invest whatever wages we can pay in much younger players who have potential.

Think Michael Hector is a player I wouldn't say no to come the end of July if he is still unattached.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 May 2022 11:00

NathStPaul
Stranded

I think there are certainly a couple of ex players who we would be silly to say no to, even then I would much rather we invest whatever wages we can pay in much younger players who have potential.

Think Michael Hector is a player I wouldn't say no to come the end of July if he is still unattached.

Would add McCarthy to the list as well.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 May 2022 11:02

Hendo
NathStPaul
Stranded

Oh yes, forgot about him.

Even if we don't get him (highly unlikely we will) I'd like us to get a keeper around his age. Think we need a significantly experienced goalkeeper next season with a cool head.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 May 2022 11:03

And no, not Ben Hamer.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 27 May 2022 11:13

NathStPaul
Stranded

I am inclined to say Tish as well......i think he left too early and career has faulted ever since. There is a good player in there still.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 May 2022 11:14

He is under contract until 2023.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 May 2022 11:41

I'd be willing to take Olise back.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 May 2022 12:34

NathStPaul
Hendo
NathStPaul I think there are certainly a couple of ex players who we would be silly to say no to, even then I would much rather we invest whatever wages we can pay in much younger players who have potential.

Oh yes, forgot about him.

Even if we don't get him (highly unlikely we will) I'd like us to get a keeper around his age. Think we need a significantly experienced goalkeeper next season with a cool head.

Alex Smithies is available after his release from Cardiff, he would probably be one of our better options for that role. Although there were rumours we were after a Portuguese keeper not so long ago whose contract was running out this season, his name escapes me.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 May 2022 13:33

John Smith
URZZZZ Did like the suggestion mind that Norwood wasn’t a loss because both Evans and Kelly were better players. Time has really nullified that claim

Norwood is the absolute business.

Another one who had undeniable quality but didn’t always translate into performances here. Another good player wasted by ineptitude from management

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 May 2022 14:30

URZZZZ
John Smith
URZZZZ Did like the suggestion mind that Norwood wasn’t a loss because both Evans and Kelly were better players. Time has really nullified that claim

Norwood is the absolute business.

Another one who had undeniable quality but didn’t always translate into performances here. Another good player wasted by ineptitude from management

Thought the last season he was here he was absolutely nailing it under Clarke, but like the rest of the team just totally fell apart as the season went on. Can’t say I was disappointed when he moved but was obvs then superb a season or two down the line for Sheff U (he didn’t pull up any trees for Brighton or Fulham? If I remember rightly)

3107 posts