Absolute gutless joke...

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Absolute gutless joke...

by Reading4eva » 01 Sep 2018 18:41

An absolute shuffling joke going from one week to the next. Relegation a foregone conclusion whilst the man I said we should have bought in has Bolton Wanderers 3rd in the league... and he would have come back here.

Gourlay out
Tevreden out
Clement out
And sod renewing half these players contracts.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Absolute gutless joke...

by sandman » 01 Sep 2018 18:52

Reading4eva An absolute shuffling joke going from one week to the next. Relegation a foregone conclusion whilst the man I said we should have bought in has Bolton Wanderers 3rd in the league... and he would have come back here.

Gourlay out
Tevreden out
Clement out

There was time he would have. Speaking to someone who knows him well from his time here and they have warned him to stay well clear of the current Owners, C.E.O. and Director of Football.
Last edited by sandman on 01 Sep 2018 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Sep 2018 18:53

Really needed a new thread eh.

Don't take Bournemouth's defeat out on us flouncer.

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 01 Sep 2018 18:59

Old Man Andrews Really needed a new thread eh.

Don't take Bournemouth's defeat out on us flouncer.

:lol:

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Sep 2018 19:32

Reading4eva An absolute shuffling joke going from one week to the next. Relegation a foregone conclusion whilst the man I said we should have bought in has Bolton Wanderers 3rd in the league... and he would have come back here.

Gourlay out
Tevreden out
Clement out

Only if you oxf*rd off with them. Attention whore.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 Sep 2018 19:40

Gourlay out
Tevreden out
Clement out

They're not third and will be bottom 8 by the end of the season.

I'd never want Parkinson managing us. His sides play anti football.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Sep 2018 19:46

Reading4eva Relegation a foregone conclusion whilst the man I said we should have bought in has Bolton Wanderers 3rd in the league... and he would have come back here.

Championship manager strikes again.

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 01 Sep 2018 20:40

How about a handy themed protest at a match...

BRIEFS DAY

Board Really Inept End Fans Suffering.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Sep 2018 21:10

Mid Sussex Royal

Gourlay out
Tevreden out
Clement out

And just what have Reading been playing for the best part of 2 years?

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 Sep 2018 21:28

Mid Sussex Royal

Gourlay out
Tevreden out
Clement out

Quite a few managers have had some success playing 'anti-football' in this league. Warnock, Pulis, Stam, Dyche.
On a limited budget, we want Top 2, we want to be pretty doing it, and we want to 'like' the manager. And even if we went up, we'd want to thrive and be pretty there, too. No big deal, really.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Sep 2018 22:38

Denver Royal Quite a few managers have had some success playing 'anti-football' in this league. Warnock, Pulis, Stam, Dyche.
On a limited budget, we want Top 2, we want to be pretty doing it, and we want to 'like' the manager. And even if we went up, we'd want to thrive and be pretty there, too. No big deal, really.

Had success. With the foreign ownership of clubs in the Championship . The money is getting bigger. Even the likes of Burnley are beginning to struggle. Cardiff I fear are going to be a reality check of the gulf that now exists between the divisions. Simply insufficent quality to mount any sort of challenge. Being a good team will no longer suffice. .

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 01 Sep 2018 23:19

And meanwhile the man we should have had, who is rebuilding a side, offloaded a shedload of players in the summer , spent FA, is currently 6th on 11 points.....3 behind Leeds. Just thought I'd mention it again.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 Sep 2018 23:26

You seem to have used your sig as a topic title Scoobs.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Sep 2018 00:13

Ascotexgunner And meanwhile the man we should have had, who is rebuilding a side, offloaded a shedload of players in the summer , spent FA, is currently 6th on 11 points.....3 behind Leeds. Just thought I'd mention it again.

He would never have come here anyway.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Sep 2018 00:17

CountryRoyal
Ascotexgunner And meanwhile the man we should have had, who is rebuilding a side, offloaded a shedload of players in the summer , spent FA, is currently 6th on 11 points.....3 behind Leeds. Just thought I'd mention it again.

Indeed. And the manager isn't the problem.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Sep 2018 00:32

sandman
CountryRoyal

Indeed. And the manager isn't the problem.

Yes he is.

The board doesn’t pick the side that goes out and plays like that.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Sep 2018 01:07

I do agree with this. Potter came to Swansea fresh from success whereas Clement joined us on the back of being sacked. Potter has worked miracles with a threadbare squad.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Sep 2018 01:21

Has Clement made mistakes? Yes, he acknowledges that himself. But all managers do that. Apart from the Bolton game there is not a lack of effort in the teams he has put out, there is a lack of mental fortitude and quality.

Why is there a lack of quality? It's because the way this club has been run at Boardroom level since the Summer of 2012 is oxf*rd rotten.

Our recruitment is a joke. It started with Zingarevich, continued with the Thai's and somehow it's got even worse with the Chinese.

We used to be a good example of the DoF role, the manager would pick a player and the DoF would go try and sign the player within the budget he was working with. Now weve got everyone having a oxf*rd go. Owners, CEO, and the DoF each signing their own players and if he's lucky the manager might get a go at signing someone.

We're just signing players randomly, to stupid contracts with no way of getting rid of them. Now who's fault is that? It isn't Paul Clement, that's for sure.

I feel sorry for Clement, 10 years ago this would have been a great job for someone like him. This is last chance saloon for his management career and he's been let down by pretty much everybody.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Sep 2018 01:30

I'd rather we were booing some unknown than a Reading a legend.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Sep 2018 01:34

sandman Has Clement made mistakes? Yes, he acknowledges that himself. But all managers do that. Apart from the Bolton game there is not a lack of effort in the teams he has put out, there is a lack of mental fortitude and quality.

Why is there a lack of quality? It's because the way this club has been run at Boardroom level since the Summer of 2012 is oxf*rd rotten.

Our recruitment is a joke. It started with Zingarevich, continued with the Thai's and somehow it's got even worse with the Chinese.

We used to be a good example of the DoF role, the manager would pick a player and the DoF would go try and sign the player within the budget he was working with. Now weve got everyone having a oxf*rd go. Owners, CEO, and the DoF each signing their own players and if he's lucky the manager might get a go at signing someone.

We're just signing players randomly, to stupid contracts with no way of getting rid of them. Now who's fault is that? It isn't Paul Clement, that's for sure.

I feel sorry for Clement, 10 years ago this would have been a great job for someone like him. This is last chance saloon for his management career and he's been let down by pretty much everybody.

That’s all lovely, but that team today should have done better.

As all his teams should have done. Sorry, but his teams have performed consistently appallingly.