by Reading4eva » 03 Sep 2018 07:50

Clement in.
Gourlay out.
Squeaky to be welcomed back.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Clement

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2018 09:51

Keep regardless unless Warnock becomes available or McCarthy expresses an interest.

No one else will do sognificantly better.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Sep 2018 11:07

We really are fcuked if we're looking at Mick McCarthy as our saviour.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2018 11:08

leon We really are fcuked if we're looking at Mick McCarthy as our saviour.

Where have you been for 5 years?

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 03 Sep 2018 11:08

Hound Think the biggest failing in transfers over the summer was not who we got in, but who we didn’t get out

Agreed. But thats a club manufactured problem as well. Take Aluko, for instance. He's on a 4 year lucrative contract. We cant even manage him out of the club, because his contract with us is likely to be his last big payday - he has no motivation to break it early; even if we try to persuade his agent that Aluko's career is effectively over once this contract runs out. Even if we put him on the transfer list today. None of that is Clement's fault. Its like Pogrebnyak's contract. We played him more often than we should have done as well, plus he never got any better either.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Sep 2018 11:10

Snowflake Royal
leon We really are fcuked if we're looking at Mick McCarthy as our saviour.

Where have you been for 5 years?

Sorry don't get it.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Sep 2018 11:44

Bilic? Carvahal? Big Sam? Moyes? There really isn't many options is there...

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Sep 2018 15:40

Old Man Andrews
maffff This didn't go down too well when I did it at the end of July, so let's try again. In or out.

No option for "grow the f*ck up and get a f*cking life". Shame.

Old Man Andrews, on 2nd October we play Queens Park Rangers at Madejski Stadium. If we go into that game having not won a game all season, and proceed to lose that game, does Paul Clement go?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Sep 2018 15:42

John Smith
Old Man Andrews
maffff This didn't go down too well when I did it at the end of July, so let's try again. In or out.

Old Man Andrews, on 2nd October we play Queens Park Rangers at Madejski Stadium. If we go into that game having not won a game all season, and proceed to lose that game, does Paul Clement go?

Yes. At that point it will reach the stage where he has got to go.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Sep 2018 15:45

Old Man Andrews
John Smith
Old Man Andrews

Ok. Next questions: will we pick up a win before QPR (h) on 02/10/18? Are we already in a relegation battle?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Sep 2018 16:51

John Smith
Old Man Andrews
John Smith Old Man Andrews, on 2nd October we play Queens Park Rangers at Madejski Stadium. If we go into that game having not won a game all season, and proceed to lose that game, does Paul Clement go?

Ok. Next questions: will we pick up a win before QPR (h) on 02/10/18? Are we already in a relegation battle?

You cannot be in a relegation battle in October imo. I think we will beat Norwich yes.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Sep 2018 17:16

Some of you are doing complete Uturns in regard to Warnock. Rightly so.
His record in the Championship is astonishing. Would have him at our club in a heartbeat. He wouldn’t stand for the nonsense that’s being going on over the past nine months.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Sep 2018 17:35

Zip Some of you are doing complete Uturns in regard to Warnock. Rightly so.
His record in the Championship is astonishing. Would have him at our club in a heartbeat.

Nope, don't want his "brand" of football anywhere near the place thanks

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Sep 2018 17:41

Silver Fox
His record in the Championship is astonishing. Would have him at our club in a heartbeat.

I hated him for his thuggish Leeds team but is his brand of football that much different from what we had under McDermott?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Sep 2018 17:55

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hound Think the biggest failing in transfers over the summer was not who we got in, but who we didn’t get out

Agreed. But thats a club manufactured problem as well. Take Aluko, for instance. He's on a 4 year lucrative contract. We cant even manage him out of the club, because his contract with us is likely to be his last big payday - he has no motivation to break it early; even if we try to persuade his agent that Aluko's career is effectively over once this contract runs out. Even if we put him on the transfer list today. None of that is Clement's fault. Its like Pogrebnyak's contract. We played him more often than we should have done as well, plus he never got any better either.

Absolutely. And when you look back at his reason for leaving Fulham (ie not offering more than a year contract) it falls into place rather

He wanted one last payout and that’s exactly what he got. Where is his motivation now? I suspect he pretty much hates playing for us - it’s no more than just fulfilling his obligations

The best the club can hope for us make him available for free and hope someone takes on his contract
Last edited by Hound on 03 Sep 2018 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 03 Sep 2018 17:55

His record in the Championship is astonishing. Would have him at our club in a heartbeat. He wouldn’t stand for the nonsense that’s being going on over the past nine months.

+1

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2018 18:18

Zip
Silver Fox

I hated him for his thuggish Leeds team but is his brand of football that much different from what we had under McDermott?
Yes, McDermott's side was never nasty or violent.

I detest Warnock and normally wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. And largely still don't. But if we're going to twist we need to go for someone with loads of experience who'll scare the shit out of our shyster players and win ugly.

Can't think of anyone that describes better than Colin.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Sep 2018 18:28

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Silver Fox

Yes, McDermott's side was never nasty or violent.

I detest Warnock and normally wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. And largely still don't. But if we're going to twist we need to go for someone with loads of experience who'll scare the shit out of our shyster players and win ugly.

Can't think of anyone that describes better than Colin.

I certainly wouldn’t want Warnock’s thuggish Leeds side. The current Cardiff side had a far better disciplinary record than our own last season. I wouldn’t have a problem with that Warnock reincarnation.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 03 Sep 2018 19:09

Whilst a lot of people don't like me banging on about this topic, it's actually turned into a really good thread. Enjoyed reading it so far, balanced on both sides.

and for those saying what happened. I'll be back to normal when this guys leaves :lol:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 03 Sep 2018 19:14

Denver Royal
Royal_jimmy I really like Clement (more than Stam anyway). He's an honest bloke who cares about the club.

Is he? Does he? Derby fans would certainly differ on that first assertion. I've seen no evidence he's more honest than Stam. I'm also unaware he cares about our club. He has no loyalty or allegiance here. For all I know, he could be thinking 'I'll do my 2 years here and get the heck out'. He's never stayed anywhere very long.

I'd like to add I thought Clement behaved like a childish c*nt to Darren Bent in his online spat. Turns out it looks like Bent might have been right. His coaching methods certainly look dodgy. He has managed to make decent players even worse. Get rid asap.

880 posts