David Meyler - Reading's biggest ever mercenary?

121 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: David Meyler - Reading's biggest ever mercenary?

by Zip » 31 Jul 2019 16:26

StellaPlease Club have clearly done a good deal for him and us. Keeping him was clearly more expensive than losing him and another player off the books.

Rather someone signed him but this is better than nothing.

Garth, Chris and Pops left now 8)

...and Smith and Southwood

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 31 Jul 2019 16:27

Zip
StellaPlease Club have clearly done a good deal for him and us. Keeping him was clearly more expensive than losing him and another player off the books.

Rather someone signed him but this is better than nothing.

Garth, Chris and Pops left now 8)

...and Smith and Southwood

I think they'll be worrying more about the players on large salaries.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2019 16:27

Smith apparently had some loan options. Sure Southwood will as well, they loved him at Eastleigh. Don't think there will be too much trouble lining something up for them

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jul 2019 16:30

Hound Smith apparently had some loan options. Sure Southwood will as well, they loved him at Eastleigh. Don't think there will be too much trouble lining something up for them

I would prefer Southwood to stay.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2019 16:34

meh. Gomes and co don't rate him. They obv prefer Jokull and CBC even at their young age

Not point in him hanging around tbh

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jul 2019 17:12

What unexpected good news. Hope he finds a club at his level but glad hes gone at the same time. I bet the Germans have a word for that.

Ryan East is going to have to work his little socks off in the training ground.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Jul 2019 17:22

Mercenary is a harsh word given he's agreed to mutual termination. I'd just say an I'll thought out, useless signing of which we had many under Gourlay

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2019 17:30

He’s a weird one. Looked like exactly what we needed at the time (and still do to an extent), Hull fans seem to like him as did his previous club’s fans

Something just didn’t work out, know there were some suggestions of personal issues, not sure how relevant

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 31 Jul 2019 18:29

Absolute charlatan stealing wages. Now at least he can focus on playing fortnite with kids for his youtube channel. Mug.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Jul 2019 18:57

The Enfield Royal71 Absolute charlatan stealing wages. Now at least he can focus on playing fortnite with kids for his youtube channel. Mug.

Cannot stand people who use this to slate him. Slate him for being useless at football. Slate him for being immobile. Slate him if he’s being a knob. Don’t pick him out because he’s got a hobby he enjoys playing and interacting with people. Fair enough if it’s getting in the way of his job, but you have no evidence to prove it so on balance, shut up

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 31 Jul 2019 18:59

URZZZZ
The Enfield Royal71 Absolute charlatan stealing wages. Now at least he can focus on playing fortnite with kids for his youtube channel. Mug.

Cannot stand people who use this to slate him. Slate him for being useless at football. Slate him for being immobile. Slate him if he’s being a knob. Don’t pick him out because he’s got a hobby he enjoys playing and interacting with people. Fair enough if it’s getting in the way of his job, but you have no evidence to prove it so on balance, shut up

How many other footballers have a youtube channel? Especially one who is shite and lazy and should be improving and trying to get in the team. It seems he cared more about his fifa pack openings then improving.

If I did that I would be sacked.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Jul 2019 19:05

The Enfield Royal71
URZZZZ

How many other footballers have a youtube channel? Especially one who is shite and lazy and should be improving and trying to get in the team. It seems he cared more about his fifa pack openings then improving.

Funny then that he asked to play for the U23s then last season isn’t it? Hence implying he did want to play and try and get into the team

Who cares if he has a YouTube Channel by the way?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 31 Jul 2019 19:12

URZZZZ
The Enfield Royal71
URZZZZ

Funny then that he asked to play for the U23s then last season isn’t it? Hence implying he did want to play and try and get into the team

Who cares if he has a YouTube Channel by the way?

He probably asked to play under 23s because it would be a walk in the park for him and he wouldn't get into the first team and he would have looked bad.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2019 19:13

Yeah it’s a weird thing to whinge at him about

Sort of crap that blights twitter

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Jul 2019 20:11

Stop responding to the twat, I have nothing against Meyler but it clearly didn't work out here but there were never any signs he wasn't putting the effort in.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Jul 2019 21:05

Hound Yeah it’s a weird thing to whinge at him about

Sort of crap that blights twitter

Yep, Twitter is a really weird place, you get the odd idiot on here but Twitter takes the biscuit, the amount of times I’ve seen “announce Ejaria” and “announce Miazga”’ or whatever is ridiculous, and the amount of troll accounts made is just really weird too, who has enough time to make fake accounts pretending to be Jonathan Low, seriously?

Onto Meyler, it’s clear he didn’t work and to be honest even after Derby, I had my suspicions because the bloke could barely move. Still think he could have been used last season on occasions (cough cough O’Shea in CM) but he was never really a viable option for the long term, wish him well though

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 31 Jul 2019 21:23

Clearly something went awry for him. I think the gaming stuff probably did have some impact on him and perhaps meant he wasn't as committed to football as he should have been. While it may not have been a specific distraction, it may have been a contributing factor as well. Alternatively, it could have been his release from the shit he was having to deal with coming from Clement then Gomes. But we'll never know.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 31 Jul 2019 21:25

Hound He’s a weird one. Looked like exactly what we needed at the time (and still do to an extent), Hull fans seem to like him as did his previous club’s fans

Something just didn’t work out, know there were some suggestions of personal issues, not sure how relevant

What sort of issues?

Fifa pack issues? Announce Ejara.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 31 Jul 2019 21:28

3points Clearly something went awry for him. I think the gaming stuff probably did have some impact on him and perhaps meant he wasn't as committed to football as he should have been. While it may not have been a specific distraction, it may have been a contributing factor as well. Alternatively, it could have been his release from the shit he was having to deal with coming from Clement then Gomes. But we'll never know.

Finally somebody with sense.

I do know for a fact he kept going out to ea headquarters because he is a game changer for them so he does a lot of testing And work.

He clearly isn't commited to football. If he was then he would be trying harder rather then making videos about making a team of players he used to play with.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Jul 2019 21:36

The Enfield Royal71
3points Clearly something went awry for him. I think the gaming stuff probably did have some impact on him and perhaps meant he wasn't as committed to football as he should have been. While it may not have been a specific distraction, it may have been a contributing factor as well. Alternatively, it could have been his release from the shit he was having to deal with coming from Clement then Gomes. But we'll never know.

Finally somebody with sense.

I do know for a fact he kept going out to ea headquarters because he is a game changer for them so he does a lot of testing And work.

He clearly isn't commited to football. If he was then he would be trying harder rather then making videos about making a team of players he used to play with.

Genuinely don’t know whether you post because you actually think these things through or you’re fishing for attention. Either way, it’s getting quite repetitive every thread turning into an argument with you against someone

Meyler played in the Premier League for four or five years. He clearly is committed to football, unfortunately old legs has hindered his chances here. It happens, it’s part of football. Him playing video games has absolutely no correlation to his successes/failures here considering he’s been posting videos for a long time whilst maintaining a decent footballing career for himself

121 posts