Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Bye Bye Ron Gourlay

by DelBoyRodders » 19 Nov 2018 19:57

Gourlay was sacked - he did not resign.
The decision was made last week.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 19 Nov 2018 20:09

DelBoyRodders Gourlay was sacked - he did not resign.

How do you know

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 19 Nov 2018 20:21

Kulshaw72RFC
DelBoyRodders Gourlay was sacked - he did not resign.

How do you know

Data from Companies House states termination on 14 Nov. Only got the email on this after the announcement. Nevertheless, how does DelBoy know?

Marcus Crassus

by Marcus Crassus » 19 Nov 2018 20:37

Snowflake Royal Well, regardless of whether he was any good or awful, this can't help but lift the atmosphere in the stands if not necessarily inside the club.

I would love it, just love it, if we got Hammond and Howe back in. Not sure Coppell is really cut out for the DoF or CEO roles. Love him to bits, but don't want to just crowbar him in for the sake of having him back.

I hope this improves things for Clement, really like him compared to some of the tossers we've had recently.

Hammond who worked wonders at West Brom and Nigel we’ll be bigger than Arsenal Howe, no thanks and no thanks.
Good news about Gourlay though.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Gourlay gone

by Zip » 19 Nov 2018 20:44

Maneki Neko Hammond for the contracts, buying and selling
howe for the financials
Coppell to oversee the football side of things
McDermott as manager

It’s 2018 Brenderz

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Nov 2018 20:50

I suspect it was very much the owners choice

They must be very frustrated - bought a club on the verge of the Prem and gone hugely backwards ever since despite plenty of investment on the playing side and also sorting out Bearwood.

I’m not surprised they’ve acted.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 19 Nov 2018 20:59

Zip
howe for the financials
McDermott as manager

It’s 2018 Brenderz

Nick Hammond I would have back tomorrow
Steve Coppell has effectively retired from any active part in football (too much hassle?)
Brian McDermott - I am still unashamedly an admirer of him BUT he is settled at Arsenal. Would you go back to a club which has twice sacked you?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Nov 2018 21:16

glass half full
Zip
howe for the financials
McDermott as manager

It’s 2018 Brenderz

Steve Coppell has effectively retired from any active part in football (too much hassle?)
Brian McDermott - I am still unashamedly an admirer of him BUT he is settled at Arsenal. Would you go back to a club which has twice sacked you?

I’ve got great memories of McDermott’s first spell but it so rarely works so well second time around as was proven although he was treated pretty shoddily. Just look at Kitson, Shorey and Little. The time has passed and we have to move on.
As for Coppell I doubt whether he still has the hunger and drive. Being a Championship manager is such a slog.
Yes to Hammond although I have reservations. He was markedly less successful in his final years with us and struggled at West Brom.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular

by glass half full » 19 Nov 2018 21:21

Zip
glass half full
Zip
It’s 2018 Brenderz

I’ve got great memories of McDermott’s first spell but it so rarely works so well second time around as was proven although he was treated pretty shoddily. Just look at Kitson, Shorey and Little. The time has passed and we have to move on.
As for Coppell I doubt whether he still has the hunger and drive. Being a Championship manager is such a slog.
Yes to Hammond although I have reservations. He was markedly less successful in his final years with us and struggled at West Brom.

Just to throw another pebble into the water....

I wish we could have Jon Fearn back.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Nov 2018 21:21

glass half full Brian McDermott - I am still unashamedly an admirer of him BUT he is settled at Arsenal. Would you go back to a club which has twice sacked you?

Third times a charm, right?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Nov 2018 21:24

glass half full
Zip
glass half full

A big +1. Why do our players always take so long to get back from injury? Ezatolahi was supposed to be two to three weeks. It’s now five weeks and running. The latest in a long line of players taking longer than expected to get back to fitness.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular

by glass half full » 19 Nov 2018 21:28

Zip
glass half full
Zip

A big +1. Why do our players always take so long to get back from injury? Ezatolahi was supposed to be two to three weeks. It’s now five weeks and running. The latest in a long line of players taking longer than expected to get back to fitness.

I understand that the medical/physio staff were Mr. Gourlay's appointees, so there might be some movement there.

@sonkimarsson

by @sonkimarsson » 19 Nov 2018 21:36

Zip
glass half full
Zip
It’s 2018 Brenderz

I remember Glen Little's 2nd spell somewhat differently to you then..... :wink: :P

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Nov 2018 21:41

glass half full
Zip
glass half full

I understand that the medical/physio staff were Mr. Gourlay's appointees, so there might be some movement there.

Do you know any more about this?

In my (only) rumour post I said how I heard from an insider something along the lines that we got rid of a perfectly good medical team and brought in a plastic surgeon instead. I can't see this being the case but having said that the government did bring in a clueless surgeon to advise on General Practice in the country, so it's not the first time a medically clueless glorified butcher has been used in place of an actual doctor.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Nov 2018 21:46

@sonkimarsson
Zip
glass half full

I remember Glen Little's 2nd spell somewhat differently to you then..... :wink: :P

Yep. I should have said third spelll but it didn’t fit so easily into my argument. :oops:

biff

by biff » 19 Nov 2018 22:15

glass half full
Zip
howe for the financials
McDermott as manager

It’s 2018 Brenderz

Coppell is still very much active in the Indian Superleague

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Nov 2018 07:51

Marcus Crassus
Snowflake Royal Well, regardless of whether he was any good or awful, this can't help but lift the atmosphere in the stands if not necessarily inside the club.

I would love it, just love it, if we got Hammond and Howe back in. Not sure Coppell is really cut out for the DoF or CEO roles. Love him to bits, but don't want to just crowbar him in for the sake of having him back.

I hope this improves things for Clement, really like him compared to some of the tossers we've had recently.

Hammond who worked wonders at West Brom and Nigel we’ll be bigger than Arsenal Howe, no thanks and no thanks.
Good news about Gourlay though.

Hammond and Howe who oversaw the best period in our history and two Championship titles.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Nov 2018 08:18

BBCRB Seeming to think Nigel Howe maybe back. Im happy with that if its true.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 20 Nov 2018 08:27

Never heard of Gourlay until yesterday.

That is all

Orion

by Orion » 20 Nov 2018 08:48

Ascotexgunner BBCRB Seeming to think Nigel Howe maybe back. Im happy with that if its true.

Clement would last about a day.

Howe word know who to replace him with.

142 posts