Clement's week on a beach in Dubai last week

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Clement's week on a beach in Dubai last week

by 72 bus » 29 Mar 2019 12:23

muirinho My other half has only been to one Man U game ever, and I paid for that as a birthday present - that's a supporter, not a fan.

So in what way is she "supporting" Man U, she offers no support to the team at the games and does not offer support financially by buying tickets and merchandise.
I would suggest you have it the wrong way round she is a fan, just like the Chelsea shirt wearing blokes down my local who have been to Stanford bridge once but turn out for every Chelsea game on Sky

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 29 Mar 2019 13:11

Is all this talk about fans and supporters supposed to make some people feel superior to others? Get over yourselves! Sone people can and do go to matches, sone people don't. ..who cares just support your team however you want to as long as you enjoy it that's the aim...it's not about comparing it's a personal thing..

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 29 Mar 2019 16:03

[quote="Dick Habbin's hairdo"]FTR, a true fan in my eyes is anyone - regardless of whether they go to games or not - who answers "Reading FC" whenever asked which team they support.

Same for me.. When I first started watching Reading we were on crowds of 2000-2500 so I was happy to hear anyone say they supported Reading, I think that has always stayed with me.

I moved away many years ago and I go to less games now for a variety of reasons but I still consider myself as much of a fan now as I did when I first went. Maybe more because all the up's and downs and changes the club has faced and gone through increases the number of experiences and memories I have had as a fan.

I have no idea how many games I have seen since I first went in the late 70's, but if it was one more than someone else I would not say I was a bigger fan than that person.. I would just say I am glad they support Reading to and I probably ask them about some of their experiences and memories of watching our great club.